Sign in to follow this  
jbeam

Polygamy

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:20 PM, noponies said:

Gee, you really DON'T read well, do you? I'm sorry.

gee you accuse a lot of people of not being to read well.  ever  consider that you don't express yourself in a  manner that the members here can understand?

in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein **** storm it should be obvious to anybody with a pulse that this is sexual abuse.   pontificating that if the "women wanted it or provoked it" it's okay is right up there with saying making rape victims asked for it.   you know, the attitude in the Congo. 

I love your little verbal evasions, nickie, or lies, as some would call them. It tells me who you really are.

So, I'm not a fan of polygamy, just not my cup of tea. BUT, while being married to more than one person is illegal, a dude have a legal wife and other wives that aren't legal is totally legal. It's not sexual abuse if the women CHOOSE to be a 2nd or 3rd "wife". This is called de facto polygamy. Which is 100% legal.

But I'm not sure where Harvey Weinstein comes into play. That is completely different than women who CHOOSE to be a 2nd or 3rd "wife."

Mods - how come Nick is back? It was peaceful without her...

It is not illegal in several other countries... Seriously, how did ol' Harve get introduced into THIS conversation( other than being made to feel a bit violated here by a certain..)? I really don't think HE was ever accused of polygamy. And I do agree very much with your last sentence. She(?) must be related to the powers-that-be, that they keep supporting her.

Edited by noponies