Sign in to follow this  
Guest barrel_racer_wannabe

Prayers For Sanga

Guest barrel_racer_wannabe

Sanga got his leg tangled in wire...and no it wasnt barbed wire it was braided/twisted wire......its bad.

The vet is on his way out...can HC spare a few prayers? [Me Cry]

Sanga got his leg tangled in wire...and no it wasnt barbed wire it was braided/twisted wire......its bad.

The vet is on his way out...can HC spare a few prayers? [Me Cry]

Oh no,,I am so sorry...Give Sanga a big hug from me,,and let us know what the vet says,,,Prayers for Sanga...

OH NO! Sending many [Angel] [Angel] for Sanga and some [Huggy] [Huggy] for you both!

Keep us updated!

Guest ChaunceyBlue

Oh no!! Many prayers coming straight to you for little Sanga!!

Please keep us updated!!

[Angel] [Angel] [Huggy] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel]

UPDATE:

Well the vet has come and gone...the good news is none of the back tendons were damaged...if they had been we may have had to put him down.

We found him on the other side of the fence, we have no clue how he got on the other side and he somehow got the wire twisted right above the ankle on his back leg. We had to cut him lose, and what a good boy he was.

We are to keep it wrapped for a long time and started on antibiotics. Our biggest concern is proud flesh, so we have to keep an eye on that. He was so good for the vet and great with his shots, etc.

I was crying like a baby when I called the vet.....thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers, I appreciate them so much... [Huggy]

I will keep everyone updated...

Glad to hear that the Vet was able to help Sanga out! Prayers from California for a speedy recovery and no lasting affects to Sanga [Huggy] [Angel]

Thank goodness you didn't have to put him down! Continued prayers and good thoughts coming your way! Get well soon, Sanga!!

[Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Huggy]

Thank you all, yes he is doing well, walking on it really well now......I need to go out and change bandages later...but he has been such a good sport through it all. The vet said if he is doing this well being penned up just go ahead and wean, and he calls for the horses now and then but he isnt fretting or acting worried....but he and his mama can still touch noses and interact so, both are doing fantastic with it. Its going to be a long road but I think he will make a full recovery..

[Jump] Glad to hear he is walking better on it! Still sending [Angel] for a quick and complete recovery!

How about a pic of him with his wittle bandage??

Hope everything is still ok!! Prayers coming your way for little Sanga!

[Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel]

Well I had the vet out again. When hubby and I went to change bandages, we were shocked to see that the front tendon that had been showing and was intact, was no longer intact.

I had the vet out right away....he says we have a 50/50 chance. If we lose circulation, we lose him.

He said his ankle was cooler than what he would like, higher up on the ankle, but there was still heat in the lower part. He said to evaluate it in the next four days and to call them anytime to let them know what was going on with it.

He said if we even can fix him physically, we really need to take into consideration other things...so I do not know what will happen. We will keep up with the antibiotics and keep dressing the injury but I have no clue what is going to happen.

This....sucks.

[Me Cry] [Me Cry]

Oh no!! I'm so sorry!! I hope against all odds that you can save him, and he will be as good as new when he gets well. I will be praying hard that you don't have to put him down. Poor little guy! Get well soon, Sanga!!

[Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Huggy]

[Me Cry] I am so sorry, I really hate to hear this for Sanga and you. [Huggy] Poor little guy, this is making me want to cry for him and you :(

I am sending [Angel] for him to get better and some [Huggy] for you.