logantrevor

Country Life

Walking away from Chaos and Blacks paddock, the song "Amarillo by morning" broke the silence, reaching into his back pocket Hutch pulled out his phone. Looking at the txt, he pushed reply nothing much, you know me. Just got done working Black up here at the barn... What about you.., pushing send, he looked to Rex and King. Slightly laughting as the two played, he sliped the phone back into his left back pocket before continueing to walk towards the barn.

"Wanna just go ride in the field or do something productive in the arena?" Jake asked as he walked rocky on a loose rein.

Jake often just went and hacked in the field, to get away and have time to think or have one and one time with friends or even just hang out with groups of people. He also did do something productive with his horse whether it was herding his family's cattle with his dad or running barrels or even jumping courses in their jumper ring.

Feeling her cell phone vibrate in her pocket, Kylie stood up in her saddle and pulled the phone out. oh not much, i'm going for a hack with jake right now. After pressing send, Ky looked over at Jake. "A hack sounds fun, September always needs more of those," she replied, a small smile on her face. She could help it, whenever she was around Jake, she always had a smile. "He's such a spaz," she added, looking down at her horse who wasn't living up to what she had just said at all. September walk quietly, taking bites of random peices of tall grass along the way. "Well, he usually is," Kylie said, laughing quietly. They walked in silence for a few moments, then she spoke up again. "You're coming to mine and Travis' party tonight, right?" she asked sweetly, her green eyes sparkling out from under her cowboy hat as she looked over at Jake.

Jake nodded and continued to let Rocky walk caually on a loose rein, rocky was as bomb proof as they come but when asked can have the spunk of a yearling.

Jake leaned back in the saddle and watched Kylie and listened as she spoke.

"oh yeah, wouldn't miss it for the world, me and tay will be there" Jake siad with a smile, showing his perfect white teeth. His hazel eyes watched her expressions and darted from her to their surroundings and back to her.

He couldnt help but feel like he was a turtle hiding in its shell when he was around her. Which isnt really like him at all.

Kylie's smile brightened when Jake spoke. She loved hearing his voice. "Awesome, it will be a ton of fun. My parents are going to the rodeo and then hanging out with some friends out in Falcon Heights. So they won't be a problem," she said, laughing a little at her last sentence. Resting her left hand that held September's rein on the horn, she looking out at the cattle grazing across the field, then returned her gaze to Jake. Kylie had had a crush on him for ever and only her closest friends knew. She especially kept it a secret from Travis, and denied it at all cost if he asked. But as far as Jake knowing about it, she had no clue. Maybe he could tell?

"Sounds fun" Jake said with a smile "No parent partys are always fun"

Jake was getting annoyed with his helmet and unbuckled it and left it on a fence post not far from the barn, he'd get it on his way home. Jake ruffled the helmet imprint out of his hair and sighed.

He let his gaze fall on Kylie again. He knew he liked her, alot but no one knew, they probably all secretly knew but never mentioned it to him. Jake's emotions always stuck out like a sore thumb whether he wanted them too or not, sometimes it got him in trouble and others in awkward situations, he was trying his hardest to keep this emotion hidden. At least for now anyway.

Jake's eyes glanced to his familys cattle and then let them view their surroundings and watch Rocky as he plodded along taking in everything calmly but alert.

It was something he loved about his horse.

Kylie glanced down to make sure the grass wasn't interfering with September's bit as Jake pulled off his helmet. She watched as he ruffled his hair, her heart melting. Shaking her head, she tried to get rid of this feeling. It wasn't working one bit. "Wanna pick up the pace a little bit?" she asked finally, shortening her horse's rein just a tad. How embarassing would it be if he got out of hand?

Kylie couldn't wait for the party tonight. Maybe, just maybe something might happen between her and Jake. It wasn't likely in her mind, but it was possible. She was counting on Travis telling Marissa how he felt, though. He had never told Kylie straight out about how much he liked Marissa, but boy was it obvious. Turning her attention back to Jake, she awaited an answer.

"Sure thing hun" Jake said with a smile, he now wished he didnt have that habit of calling girls 'hun' but he didnt care that much he liked doing it and it always came out anyway why stop it.

Jake gathered his reins waking rocky up and out of his day dreams and asked him to trot, Jake sat the trot and asked Rocky to lengthen so it was more comfortable for them.

He couldnt get the party out of his mind and was planning his moves carefully so he didnt get himself in horribly awkward moments, he wanted to come right out and tell her how he felt but when he liked someone he was a turtle in a shell and couldnt always bring himself to let his feelings come out and possibly face one of his worst fears. Rejection and he didnt want to ruin his friendship with her at all. But he knew if he didnt at least do something soon taylor would find out and possibly spill the beans even with out it being intentional.

Jake hoped he could get some alone time with Ky tonight and hopefully talk to her and

find out if he should make a complete fool of himself or not. Jake did take risks but they were rare and if and when they did happen they were something big. He was hoping this could be one of those moments, he just had to psyc him self up to do it and face the after math after he put his heart out on a limb.

Jake let half of his mind imagine what it would be like if she returned the feelings and a smile crept up on him.

Realizing he was slipping away from reality he let his attention focus back on Kylie.

As David and Ascot jumped a couple fences, Shiloh watched, eyes following the pair as they moved easily around the ring. She grinned at the bay bucked, it was obvious the horse was enjoying himself, an ear hadn't turned back once. Rettie was content, walking boredly, head near the ground as Shiloh was loosely holding the buckle of the reins. When David approached her and the mare, finished with his ride, she grinned, "Thanks. You guys looked good too." Her words were kind, eyes lighting up as she spoke. He mentioned being done and headed out towards the pasture, one of several places they usually cooled the horses off.

Glancing over at the fences, Shiloh found herself wanting to do more with Rettie, who she knew would respond willingly. However, the mare had behaved fairly well, for her, and she didn't want to push it. She'd save the bigger fences and courses for another day. She cued the mare to follow Ascot and she did so, ears pricked forward as she realized they were leaving the ring and entering the pasture. It was, like everything else around them, flat and seemed endless. Tall, green grass filled the entire pasture, it was horsey heaven.

Rettie jigged for a bit, wanting to run and play but settled alongside Ascot. Knowing of a party later that night, Shiloh decided to see if David was going. It would be fun to go to a party with him, or, see him there. Same thing. She watched him for a minute before speaking, different colored eyes settling on David, who sat relaxed but alert in the saddle. He was attractive. A small smile played on her lips as she spoke, "You going to the party tonight?"

Kylie gave September a light squeeze, and the horse let out a buck before picking up a canter. Laughing at the horse's antics, she pulled him back to a trot and began to post. She was a great rider, but wasn't exactly the best at riding western. Her leg always slipped back into hunter position, which wasn't helped by the fact that her stirrups were only a little longer than the ones on her english saddle. And she hated sitting the trot on September, he was extremely bouncy at that gait. The Appaloosa trotted along, excited to be moving at a faster pace and tossing his head every once in a while.

Kylie couldn't help but watch Jake. He was really, really cute. She smiled over at him, noticing the smile on his lips. "Whatchya smiling about?" she asked casually, giving September a pat without taking her green eyes from Jake. Her last boyfriend had treated her like trash, and it was awesome just to have such a close guy friend who treated her so well. She couldn't help but fall for him.

Jake watched september's excitement and let out a chuckle.

feeling an awkward moment coming on, he said "uh, just smiling at the horses, so quite one moment and a bundle of energy the next" Jake hoped that covered the actual truth that was behind his smile but he had to prepare himself if he was going to let his feelings out, it may happen tonight it may not he'd just have to let the moment decide that.

OOC: Guys, Im gonna drop this one... I might Join again after I get home, but We are already on page 3 and the calves are getting out.... I dont wanna get left so ya..

Kylie, falling for Jake's explanation, smiled and laughed a little. "September's a dork," she replied, shaking her head at the horse. "He's usually a lot worse, though. If we were at home, he'd be exploding. He's just a show off is all." The Appaloosa then let out another buck. "Excuse me for a minute, I'll be right back, Jake," Kylie said, winking at him before sitting the trot for a moment and giving her horse another squeeze. September broke into a fast canter and his rider smiled brightly as she pushed him even further. She knew Jake's land like the back of her hand, so she wasn't worried about holes or anything. The horse began to gallop, letting out little bucks here and there. Kylie couldn't help but laugh. After a few moments of galloping full out, she started to pull him down in gears until he broke to a slow canter. Only then did Kylie turn September back toward Jake and Rocky. When she was about ten feet away, she pulled her gelding up and he then trotted quietly next to Rocky. "That was fun!" Kylie said, smiling brightly while she caught her breath.

OOC: Guys, Im gonna drop this one... I might Join again after I get home, but We are already on page 3 and the calves are getting out.... I dont wanna get left so ya..

Alright Becka. Hope you decide to join again later!

Jake laughed at septembers bucks and waited for Ky's return. When she returned he asked "Now wanna go race?" he said with a smirk

OOC: off to the barn, i'll reply when i get back

Kylie pretended that she had to think about it for a moment, just to see what Jake would do. "Wellll....." she said, dragging the word out. She could have been believable if she wasn't smiling. "Yeah, let's go!" She tipped her hat at Jake then gave September a kick. He took off at a gallop, getting an early lead on Rocky. Kylie got up into more of a two-point position and September galloped faster. Noticing that Jake was a little ways behind, she pulled her horse back just a bit to save his energy. It was surprising to her that neither Taylor or Jake had made a comment about her shorts and boots look, but that was cool with her.

OOC: Alrighty!

Letting his hands and hips relax in the saddle, the rythmatic movement of Ascots quiet walk moved his hips in sync with the warmbloods. Still keeping his posture ever so proper, David watched as Rettie and Shiloh soon caught up with them her eyes latching on to his. With a faint smile, as he too locked gazes with Shiloh he listened intently to her simple question that was directed at him. Breaking his gaze for the slightest moment not even really needing to ponder on the statement at all. It wasn't Rocket Science. Turning his head to look back upon Shiloh he smiled brightly, which then turned into a playful smirk. " Yeah the party sounds fun" he said in a commical gesture as his eyebrows rose with interest. " I'm in" David finished, that same playful smile toying on his lips.

"I'm assuming your coming correct?" he retorted back, now his voice back to its normal self as he briefly glanced in front of them.

Jake smiled and gave rocky a firm squeeze and he instantly went into a gallop, coming up beside September and Kylie, rocky threw his head and let out a long neigh and kicked up his heels, he hadn't been able to gallop in awhile

Jake also went into a two-point position and let Rocky's back move freely, as he did that rocky stretched out and covered more ground.

Rocky lived to run and took barrels and the jumper courses with ease.

Jake's hair blew back in the breeze and dried his sweaty neck, it was definitely a very hot day today and he would make sure to shower and clean up before the party tonight.

Marissa looked to her text. She bit er lip and looked into the house where her mother was in the kitchen, wiping counters off and rinsing the Coffee maker. She looked back to her phone. She began to text back. I will love to go, but my parents would kill me.. She pressed send and the message took off. She looked out to the field and jogged over to the fence line where Lucky, Zipper and Rose stood quietly. "god, you guys need someone to work with you" she laughed. Marissa walked back into the house to get ready to go to work with her mom. Marissa changed into dark blue Wrangler jeans, a red tank top that read Cowgirl Up and her brown boots. She grabbed her Red cat before walking back downstairs. "Ready?" he mom asked her. She looked into the kitchen. "Actually... I have a friend gonna take me. I have to type something up for Dad real quick" she stated. "Alright. Be there at 11:45 sharp" she told her. Marissa nodded. "Will do." Kristi looked at her with the look that warned her. Marissa glanced back to her mom. "Yes Ma'am" she said, smiling slightly. Kristi grabbed her keys and jumped in the gray ford, driving off. Travis, I need to be at the tack shop by 11:45 Sharp she texted him again and closed her phone. Marissa typed up an add for the two horses who'm her father wanted her to get someone to work with, since all her attention was on her gelding.

Mike reached the local Supermarket and placed an add up on the Bulletin Board. Hay 4 Sale. $5.50/bale or $190/ton. Can Deliver for $200. Second Cutting. Call 555-7215. Mike walked back out of the grocery store and headed to the tack shop, hanging it on his wife's door so she could hang it up earlier. He climbed back into the Red Dodge Extended cab and drove off, heading back home.

Kristi pulled into her tack shop and parked, keeping her windows cracked. Walking to the door, she unlocked it and flipped her sign to open and kept the front door open for a breeze. She turned the lights on and the register. She began to organize some clothes and hang up more clothes. She was the only tack shop in the small town. She had what everyone needed.

Kylie, seeing Jake next to her, gave September more rein and squeezed him some more with her legs. The gelding stretched out and picked up his pace. Kylie turned her head and smiled at Jake. "Come on, you have to do better than that!" she teased.

Travis frowned as he looked at the first text from Marissa. They don't have to find out. We can tell that my parents were there. It's not going to be a crazy party, not one of Kylie's typical parties. He desperately wanted her to come, he wanted to make his move. Placing the cell phone on the counter, Travis finished up eating his Easy Mac. Another text came in. He read it carefully before replying. Okay, I'll be over in a few. Putting his bowl and fork in the dishwasher, Travis grabbed his phone and keys before leaving the house. He hopped in his blue Tacoma and drove off to Marissa's house.

When he arrived, he realized the Bennett parents weren't home. Sweet. He jumped out of the truck, leaving it running, and walked up to the front door. He knocked twice before entering so that he didn't scare the girl. "Marissaaaaa," he called, shutting the door behind him.

Riot barked as Travis drove up, then realized who it was. He settled down and lay on his red plaid bed on the porch, curling up. Marissa was in the Den. "In the Den!" she called. She was still typing up the Flyer. 6 year old mare with 6 month old colt looking for trainer to work on grounds. Colt loves teen girls. Very spitfire. Would be a nice challenge. Willing to pay the person looking for a challenge. 3 year old Palomino looking for a rider to exercise him. I have no time. call 555-7215 She clicked save and printed our four flyers. "Alright.." she laughed to herself, leaning over and pulling out the flyers from the bottom of the Printer. She leaned back into her seat, looking to her computer screen and shutting out of the program. Her father had stopped off at Taco Bell for a good lunch since he worked hard in the field.

Jake asked Rocky to extend and pick up the pace, he lurched forward instantly and galloped faster and faster. stretching his muscles that had not been allowed to do this in what he thought was forever. Jake smiled as he looked over at Kylie, this was fun, he loved that it could just be him and her and their horses out in the field with no one around.

Rocky let out a buck with excitement and would kick up his heels after every few strides, Jake knew he was the happyiest horse right now.

Travis smiled as he walked into the den. There was Marissa, sitting at the computer. He walked up behind her and put his hands on her shoulders. "Ready?" he asked, smiling at her as she stood up. For a moment, he felt like he should kiss her. But then he remembered that she was not his girlfriend.

Kylie smiled over at Jake, but bit her lip as Rocky began to stretch out. She tried to push September, but he was getting worn out. In about twenty more strides, they reached the fenceline. Kylie pulled her horse up, and gave him a big pat. "If I wouldn't have galloped him around first, we would have won!" she teased Jake, smiling brightly. "That was so much fun." Kylie dropped her rein so it hung around the horn as they caught up to Jake and Rocky. They were walking side by side now, and Kylie couldn't help but say what was on her mind. "I love spending time with you, you're so much more chill than some of the other guys," she said sweetly, her green eyes seeming to smile as they met Jake's hazel ones.

Jake pulled rocky back and he came to a walk, he turned him back and headed home. He was now walking beside kylie again. "I bet you would have" Jake said with a wink

"yeah this is so much fun, i honostly have to say your the only one i could spend days with and love every minute of it" Jake said as he let the reins drop so he held on to the buckle. Jake was getting more and more comfortable around her the more he was with her, he let his feelings come out bit by bit and hopefully soon he would let them all the way out and tell her how he felt.

I am so ready" she smiled looking to him. Marissa knew the rules. No guys in the house when her parents were gone. But, they weren't home and defiantly wouldn't find out at all. She turned around and kissed him, then realized what she did. She looked to the ground quickly. "I'm.. Sorry." she said. "We should go" she added. She grabbed the four fliers and walked out of the Den to the kitchen, grabbed a water and opened the front door, walking out. The family never locked their doors, such a safe and responsible community.

Kylie's smile brightened as Jake spoke. "I'm happy you feel like that, I feel exactly the same way," she replied, her voice calm and sweet. "Most guys are really uptight around me." She shrugged as she added the last part. She glanced down at September's mane and ruffled it lovingly before looking back up at Jake.

Travis could hardly believe what just happened. He was totally speechless. "I uhh...ummm," he stammered, trying to force words to come out. "Don't worry about it." He forced an easy smile and came off as casual, but his heart was pounding. When the reached the truck, Travis opened the door for Marissa before hopping in himself. He put on his seatbelt and drove the Tacoma around in a circle in front of the house to leave.

Marissa climbed in after he opened the door. She smiled, looking to him, then to her fliers she held in her hand. She looked over to him. "I... I don't know how that happened." she stated quietly. "My pa would have killed me" she stated to him. Luckily, her father was heading down the dirt road, and he wouldn't pass them since he was stopping off at Travis' parents house. He always contacted them personally himself to tell them he had hay, and always made good deals with them. Mike pulled into the Flint's driveway, parking by the house. He shut his truck off and walked over to the door, knocking.

Jake smiled, feeling more confident.

They could finally see the barn as they continued to walk their horses, rocky's breathing was almost back to normal. Jake couldnt wait till tonight, he needed to do something but he was nervous too.

He gave Rocky a pat and he heard his phone ring its usual ring for a text message, he grabbed it out of his jeans pocket and read it, it was from taylor.

"Soo, hows the ride, you guys are gone awhile. told her you like her yet? =]" Jake was in slight shock, if she knew he wondered who else did he quickly typed a message back "we're almost home and we'll talk more then. please dont say anything to her, not yet" jake hit reply and stuffed it back in his pocket.

They reached the post he had left his helmet at and he grabbed it quickly and placed it infront of him.

Once back on the main road, Travis took one hand off the steering wheel and rested it on the top of the passenger seat. He smiled casually over at Marissa for a moment, then returned his eyes to the road. "You don't have to worry about it, Marissa," he said easily. "Your pa won't find out." After a moment or two of silence, he added one last thing. "I'm happy you did that." Travis looked over at his passenger, his green eyes twinkling.

Mrs. Flint heard a knock on the door. She was in the office, working on some paperwork. She got up and walked to the door, opening it to find Mike Bennett. "Hey Mike! Come on in," she greeted him kindly, moving to the side so he could come in from the heat. "Sure is a scorcher today! Can't believe the kids are riding!"

Kylie took her feet out of the stirrups, confident that September was too worn out to do anything stupid. She watched Jake, and noticed a look of shock run across his face as he read a text message. "You okay, Jake?" Kylie asked sweetly, still smiling.