logantrevor

Country Life

Jake opened her door to the car and waited for her to climb in. He was never like this with previous girl friends, he had no idea why kylie just made him want to impres her so much. He wondered how the future would play out, he hoped he wouldnt get scared.

Kylie smiled at Jake as she got into the car. When he shut the door, she pulled her cell phone out of her clutch and texted Marissa. Hey girl, what's the deal with you and Trav? Got everything figured out yet? She sent the text then buckled herself in. She couldn't take her eyes of the ring.

OOC: Bleh short.

Marissa sat down. Feeling her phone vibrate, she reached into her pocket. Her father saw movement. "Marissa, grab that phone and send a text, I'll shoot that phone" Mr. Bennet said in all seriousness. Marissa pulled her hand out of her pocket, looking to her dad. She wondered if he knew that they were engaged and without his permission. She looked over to travis, then her Dad once again. "Marissa, we need you home a lot more than usual. We have been very busy here, and need your help." he said. He looked over to Travis. "you can gladly help, and I'll give you two tons of hay for helping out" he stated. Marissa looked back to her Dad, nodding. "kay.." she said. She wanted to know who texted her.

Travis shifted his weight. "I'd love to help, sir, but I'll have to check back at home," he said politely. "I've been really busy with the farm and work." He didn't want to sound rude or like he wasn't willing to help. But he really had been incredibly busy. His father had been having problems with the heat recently so he wasn't able to do as much farm work as usual, which left Travis with almost twice the workload.

"Well, Travis, you just let me know when your available" He winked to Travis, then spoke again. "With the work load your father has put on you, I'm curios as how your able to spend so much time with my daughter" he said. He still had now clue they were engaged. Taylor looked back to Travis. "That's because, uh.. he's done it All before getting me" she stated. Her father looked back to her. "Marissa, A workload... you have yet to experience a work load" he stated, looking to his daughter, then to Travis.

Travis simply shrugged. "I wake up early and stay up late," he replied. "It's tough, but the weather will hopefully be cooling off and my dad will be back on the farm as soon as the needle drops below eight-five." Mr. Flint was one of the hardest workers in the area. He trained horses and worked his land, and also repaired cars in his small auto garage. It was unfortunate that Mr. Flint was out of commision, the work was beginning to pile up. Travis would never admit it, but balancing everything was starting to become too much.