logantrevor

Country Life

"Just fine hun, taylor is just being taylor" he said with a smile

They reached the barn and Jake halted rocky back in front of his pen and quickly pulled his tack off and let him go back into his pen.

Jake hated that Kylie had to leave but then he thought again that he would see her at the party and he hoped he could sort out the night and hopefully get some more alone time with her to really talk.

Taylor walked around the barn and smiled at her brother, she gave him a look that meant 'dont worry' Jake directed his attention back to Kylie.

Kylie laughed quietly at Jake's comment about Taylor.

When they got back to the barn, Kylie hopped off of September's back. "Mind if I steal some of your water?" she asked with a smirk as she led her pony over to the water trough. He willingly dunked his nose into it, obviously thirsty. Kylie looked up with a smile and signaled Jake to come over.

OOC: Hey Stevie, after I get this bit sorted out with Travis and Marissa, would you like to skip to like an hour before the party?

Jake pointed to the water trough and smiled. He watched Rocky roll and drink.

He let his eyes fall on September and smiled at the horse.

OOC: sounds good, im starting to not know what to write anymore lol as you can see from the shortness of my post

OOC my bad, missed that part [Crazy]

BIC:

Jake walked over to where kylie was with september and stood beside her, he leaned on the fence . Kovu came bounding up to him so he knelt down and scratched his ears.

OOC: It's all good.

BIC:

Kylie felt that September was content enough drinking, so she let go of his reins and took a step toward Jake. "I just wanted to say thanks for the ride, it was alot of fun," she said sweetly. Then, without even thinking about it, she stepped a little closer and stood on her tip toes, planting a soft kiss right on Jake's lips. When she realized what she'd done, she looked over her shoulder at her pony shyly.

OOC- Moving to Party works after.... :)

BIC- Marissa looked over to Travis. "Glad I kissed you, why. My Dad would kill you" she stated. She smiled at him again, then looked down to the Fliers in her lap and fumbled with them nervously. She always had this problem when around guys, but once she knew them really well, she was fine around them. About four weeks ago, Marissa was going out with Dyton, but she broke up with him because he was so bossy and getting really aggressive.

Travis smiled mischeiviously. "You know I love taking risks," he replied, glancing over at her for a moment. "And like I said, your dad isn't gonna find out. Because frankly, if he did we'd probably never be able to see each other again. And I wouldn't like that at all." He took a right on the main highway, and was only five or so minutes from Marissa's mother's tack shop. Marissa's kiss had taken so much pressure off of Travis, and now he wasn't really worried about how he would make his move. He already knew she liked him. Now all he had to do was talk her into coming to the party.

Marissa laughed softly, biting her lip and looking to her lap again. Another small shy laugh escaped her mouth and looked looked back to him. "I guess he would, wouldn't he?" she added. Marissa smiled and looked out the window, the familiar road to her mother's tack shop. "I wish mom would have gave me today off. I worked eight hours yesterday with her and I'm tired today. But I can't take today off, cause I have tomorrow off." she added. Marissa realized she was just blabbing away. She cleared her throat. "so, umm. how's your sister? Has she been working with any horses yes?"

Travis' smile faded a bit as Marissa talked about how tired she was. "That stinks," he replied. "I've had the week off, actually, just hanging out with family and what have you." He worked for his father's friend at a feed store, unload and loading hay bales and bags of feed, etc. It was tough work, but he had gained the muscles to make up for it. When Marissa asked about Kylie, Travis shrugged. "She's okay. She's been working with September and Gracious like crazy lately," he answered, looking over at her for a quick minute then looking back. "I don't think Gracious is getting anywhere, personally, but Kylie goes off on me if I tell her that. The mare's just too high-strung for hunters. She goes around like a giraffe, squealing and kicking at anything that moves." Travis shook his head and laughed to himself.

Jake was in shock again and muttered "uhhh. no problem im so glad you came"

Jake couldn't believe what happened but he was feeling more confident now he would say something, but not now, not with his sister standing right there to mock him every chance she got.

Jake, feeling brave stepped closer too her and gently turned her face around and kissed her back.

His confidence was rising and he was feeling more himself now, the turtle was out of its shell and being itself again, he didn't care if Taylor told everyone in Falcon. He liked Kylie and he had finally kissed her which was all that mattered.

"Oh.. A week off? Your so lucky" she stated. "I want a week off. Moms says the store's to busy to get any days off, and when I do, it's at home, helping Dad load the hay bales and all that ranchy stuff." she stated. She listened as he spoke about his sister. "She is a giraffe." Marissa said, laughing. "Oh, hey.. is she by any chance looking for a challenge. A small....big challenge? Our 6 month old colt needs someone to work with him. He's a true spitfire, but I'm sure you'd have to run that by your Dad, huh?" she said. "just a thought. She'd have to come here to work with him, though." Marissa sighed, looking to her Fliers. "give that to your sister" she added, placing one of the fliers on the middle seat. Looking back out her window, she groaned. "Why don't we just go to your place?" she asked him. "Forget taking me to work" Marissa looked over to him, curious if he'd go for it.

Kylie, sensing Jake step closer, couldn't help but let a small smile sneak across her lips. When he kissed her, she kissed him twice back before gently pulling away. "We definately need to talk night," she whispered, her green eyes sparkling up at Jake.

Finally, she knew that he liked her. She hadn't thought he did, but she was obviously wrong. Now it didn't matter what Travis knew or said. The next time he teased her about Jake, she wouldn't deny it. She wouldn't have to.

--

Travis shook his head. "I don't really know. She has her hands full with Gracie right now. And September is in full training as well," he replied, a small, perfect smile on his face. "I'll ask her though." He picked up the flyer and looked over it really quick before placing it on the dashboard. When Marissa spoke up again, he looked over at her with a smirk. "Are you sure?" he asked, a look of concern on his face as well. If the Bennetts found out that it was him that had helped their daughter skip work, he would be in a lot of trouble. Probably as much trouble as if Marissa's father found out that they'd kissed.

OOC_ UPDATE: For those of you who are behind. Your not missing anything. Believe me. Lol. were just talking. Jake and Kylie are out riding in a field, and Marissa and Travis are in his truck. Feel free to post.

BIC- "alright. Just let me know if she wants to work with the colt or his Dam" she stated. She looked back to him. "i'm sure. I'll just call mom up and told her I'm sick." she said. "I'll tell her I have a wonky icky stomach feeling" she said, looking back to the window where she now seen her mom's work. "Keep driving by" she added, looking out her window. Her mother's Tack Shop was on the left side, by Travis' side.

Jake nodded, his hazel eyes watching her, he couldn't help but smile and feel like a huge weight had been lifted from him. He knew his sister was watching and had her "awe how cute, but ew why my brother?" look on her face he glanced over at her and she turned around and left, dogs following at her heels.

Jake turned his attention back to Kylie and stared into her green eyes, now he defiantly couldn't wait for tonight.

Kylie followed Jake's eyes and watched as Taylor left. She let out a chuckle. "Tonight is going to be a lot of fun," she said quietly after a moment of silence. She could help but kiss him just one more time, and that's exactly what she did. This time, however, she put her arms on his shoulders and laced her fingers together behind his neck.

Travis smiled and nodded. "I think I might have rubbed off on you a bit," he said, referring to Marissa taking a risk. He continued to drive, past the tack store and down three streets to the road that lead to Blue Sage.

Marissa smiled. she looked back over her shoulder to her mom's shop, then back to him. "no you didn't" she laughed. "i take risks everyday. Just... that's probably one of the worse risks I've taken yet" she grinned to him, looking back out her window. Mike was talking to Travis parents about hay, making a deal. What Travis and Marissa didn't know, was he was at the Flint's house. Marissa looked to him. "we really have everything worry about. We could get caught.. we might not get caught. who knows" she shrugged, looking to him again.

Jake smiled and put his arms around her waist he returned her kiss and gently brought her closer to him, he was happy he slept in late he was happy he had asked her to come ride and he was happy that she was in his arms right now, something he had always dreamed about and figured would never happen.

Kylie was speechless. There was nothing she wanted to say, nothing she could think of to say. But that was alright for not, the silence was perfect. September was finished drinking, and he was ready to go. In order to let Kylie know this, he took his nose and bumped her back. It was his way of saying "Let's gooooo, mom!"

Travis laughed softly. "That's the fun part," he replied, smiling his perfect smile over at Marissa. Little did he know, it wouldn't be so fun. Unless some sort of miracle happened, they would get caught and he'd be forced to use both his charm and quick thought to get them out of it. He pulled onto his road and drove part the houses until he got to his own. One of the houses he passed was Jake's, and as he went to wave, he noticed that it wasn't just Jake that was standing there, it was Kylie and September. And they were awfully close. "Well, check that out, Rissa," Travis said with a laugh.

"Oh my gosh..." Marissa stated, looking at him. She looked closer. "dude, your sister's making out with Jake!" she pointed, looking at him. "Stop the car." she added. She couldn't see his house yet, as her father was still there and chatting about. "how old is Jake again?" she added.

Kylie laughed, too. "He's incredibly impatient. You should see him at feeding time," she replied, shaking her head at the pony who had now walked up beside them and was attempting to stick his head in between Jake and Kylie. Kylie took one hand and pushed the pony's head out of the way gently. When Jake spoke up again, she smiled and nodded. "I'd like that," she answered sweetly.

Travis laughed. "I guess they are. It's about time," he replied. "I'm not going to worry about it just yet. I'll talk to them tonight. I think he's only a year older than her, anyway." He continued to drive forward, up the hill that led to the upper side of Blue Sage. "Kylie's had a thing for him for ever, but she denies it everytime I ask her," he said with a smirk. "And Jake. Well, he's liked her for ages, too. I'm happy they finally got it over with. I wonder who started it."

"Travis.... you know your sister did. If she has a thing for a guy, beleive me, she'll do it. Your talking to a girl here" she added, looking straight ahead to the road. "I'm a girl, and I've gone through this about 2 times, and seen it done with many girls. Besides, Iknow your sister quite well" she added. Mike, her father was on the porch, writing done the date and time that the flints would come pick up the hay.

Jake laughed again at the pony and scratched his ears. "Lets go then" he said with a smile

Kylie only lived a few houses down, it wouldn't take them long to walk there, and it may give them a chance to talk a bit. Jake hoped that somewhere today he saw Mike, Jake's dad wanted him to talk to him about getting more hay for the horses.

Taylor watched from the kitchen window and just shook her head and laughed, finally she could talk about Kylie and not have him get all weird on her. She let the dogs out into the back yard and headed to have a shower and start getting ready for the party tonight.

Travis laughed softly. "You're probably right. I can't imagine Jake doing it," he said thoughtfully. "He's a little shy around gir-" Just then, as he pulled over the hill, he spotted Mike's truck in his driveway. He bit his lip and slowed down his truck before glancing over at his passenger.

Kylie smiled and nodded, taking the reins from over September's head and beginning to walk toward the road. She laced her fingers with Jake's, smiling up at him. Her pony walked contently on her other side, chomping peices of tall grass as they walked down the driveway.

"no, keep talking." she said. "why are yo-" she stopped. "Oh Crap!" she grumbled. "What's he doing here?" she asked herself. "Dang it..." she groaned. "just when my day gets better." she added, looking over to him. "Agghh... what are we gonna do?" she asked him. Mike nodded his head to Mr. Flint and looked over down the road, then back to Mr. Flint as he heard a vehicle.

OOC: Sorry for the wait, Courtney. I was going to wait for Stevie because it said she was posting...

BIC:

Travis drummed his fingers on his steering wheel as he tried to think. He was usually brilliant with these sorts of things. "I have an idea. You said you were going to call your mom and tell her you were sick. Why don't you just pretend to be sick and I'll go from there?" he proposed, looking Marissa hopefully. "Oh wait. Then he would probably make you leave and you definately won't be able to come tonight." He frowned, looking at his steering wheel, trying to think of a better idea.

Jake looked over to her and smiled. They walked towards her house, fingers laced together.

OOC: sorry its so short, cant think of anything else to write lol and sorry it took so long i cot a call in the midst of posting [surrender]

Kylie looked down at the dirt road for a moment, then back to Jake. "I was always worried that you didn't like me as anything more than a friend," she said quietly, a small smile on her lips. "But I'm happy I was wrong."

OOC: Wanna skip ahead, Stevie? Me and Courtney can finish this up and then skip forward.

Marissa looked over to him. "Maybe I was heading over hear to tell your dad about the hay we have for sale. Then we head like were going back to mom's store" she spoke up. OH god. Marissa thought. She looked to the house, then to him. T"hat might work" she added. Mike turned around and waited for the car to turn up the drive. Kristi was at the store, working with a few customers. She had been waiting for Marissa for almost 10 minutes.