logantrevor

Country Life

Jake looked at her "truthfully, i've liked you ever since i met you, as cheesy as that sounds, but i was always scared to face the awkawrd moments or rejection and i didnt want to ruin our friendship, im a tad shy around girls i like which isnt usually like me"

OOC: sounds good

Travis gave Marissa a weak smile and pulled into his driveway. He put the truck in park, then glanced over to his passenger. "I hope this works," he said, leaning over and kissing her softly on the cheek. He had tinted windows, so he wasn't worried about Mike seeing. Opening his door, he took in a deep breath before hopping out. He waited for Marissa before walking up the steps onto the porch. "Good afternoon, Mr. Bennett," Travis said, coming off calm and collected but inside, he was as worried as it gets. He shook Mike's hand firmly, a casual smile across his face. Mr. Flint sat in a rocking chair next to Mike, and looked at his son suspiciously. "What are you and Marissa doing here? I thought you were supposed to take her to work?" Mr. Flint asked, raising an eyebrow at his son. Travis glanced over to Rissa, expecting her to explain it to my Mike anyways.

Kylie smiled lovingly at Jake. "It's not cheesy, Jake, I think it's cute," she replied sweetly. "I've liked you since I met you, too. I just never thought you felt the same way." They walked on for a few moments, and as they came over the hill, Kylie spotted Marissa, Travis, Mike, and her father on the front porch. "Uh oh, I thought Travis was taking Rissa to work," she said, her voice turning from romantic to a bit concerned. "Mr. Bennett isn't gonna be happy. I hope Travis came up with one of his tall tales. If not, he's dead meat." September let out a loud whinny as soon as Gracious, Nashville, Banjo, and Mrs. Flint's horse, Apple, came into view.

Jake smiled and as they came over the hill he saw them. "hmm, im sure they will think of something, mr.bennett would not be happy with rissa if she skipped out of work AND was with travis" "Maybe i can distract him for a bit, i need to talk to him about hay anyway" Jake said as he watched what was happening, he wanted to help her but wasnt sure of how or if he could. "uhh, how will your dad feel about you us?, i dont need my head chopped up and made into fertilizer" Jake joked nervously

Human

Name: ANA MARIE EVAN

Personality: Ana is very shy, but has a lot to say. Unfortunately she cannot overcome her shyness, so not even her closest friends know her that well. Naturally thin, Ana is a great Equitation rider. But her true passion is jumping. She has to jump in secret though, because her father has become very overprotective since her mother passed on. She's very confused about her future, but as an intelligent 4.0 student, the Ivy League could be right around the bend for Ana.

Subdivision: Falcon Heights

Looks: Naturally thin, light-ish brown hair.

Picture:http://www.tv-eh.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/heartland.jpg

Other: Ana really enjoys trail riding in the winter when its to cold to show, especially with her younger sister, Nadia.

Human

Name: NADIA LYN EVAN

Personality: The exact opposite of her older sister, Nadia is outgoing and popular. She recently joined the basketball and track team, and she also is a cheerleader for wrestling and football at her junior high school. Horses aren't exactly Nadia's thing, but she enjoys riding with Ana every once and awhile. Nadia envys Ana greatly though for her grades. Up until last year, everyone in Nadia's family thought she didn't try hard enough in school. It wasn't until Ana really looked at Nadia's essays and worksheets that she suggested Nadia be tested for a learning disorder. Now Nadia wastes all her energy trying to keep her friends from finding out she DOES have a learning disorder. Determined and strong, Nadia raised all her grades to B's and C's by the end of 8th grade.

Subdivision: Falcon Heights

Looks: Both lean and muscular, blonde, always smiling.

Picture: (taken 2 years earlier) http://www.tugasunwear.com/images/offshore%20genn.jpg

Other: Sometimes called Little Nadi, due to the fact until about year earlier she still looked like she was about 11. HUUUUGE daredevil.

Horse

Name: Tex

Breed: Arabian

Personality: Sweet as honey, lazy too. Loves eating, sleeping, and trail riding.

Discipline: Western pleasure. Tex is used mostly on trails whenever Nadia feels like riding. Before Ana got her new horse, she showed Tex in 4-H.

Looks: Beauuutiful bay.

Picture: (being showed by Ana and Nadia's mother) http://cncarabians.com/db5/00420/cncarabia...Zabrzerm203.jpg

Other: Tex was originally Ana and Nadia's mother's horse.

Horse

Name: Viv (show name: Vivian's Blue Ribbon)

Breed: Thoroughbred

Personality: full of life, can make anyone laugh, and runs like the wind.

Discipline: Viv is mostly shown Hunt Seat Equitation. But Ana jumps this horse in the back pasture, and she feels Viv has a natural talent.

Looks: grey

Picture:http://cncarabians.com/db5/00420/cncarabians.com/_uimages/Zabrzerm203.jpg

Other: Viv was named after Vivian Evan (Nadia and Ana's mother)

Dog

Name: Nia

Breed: Toy Poodle

Personality: Hyper as heck and HILARIOUS.

Looks: Resembles a little black poof ball.

Picture: http://www.blazerscats.com/poodles/toy_poodle_puppy.jpg

Other: Nadia's new dog

Ana and Nadia just moved here to Falcon Heights after their hometown, Liberty Center, flooded. The house they had lived in since birth was suddenly gone, as was the last thing that could remind them of their mother. They moved to a small acreage on the edge of Falcon Heights, with their 2 horses Tex and Viv....

"Oh god..." she said before she climbed out of the car. "Hey Dad.. funny your here.." she said with a little bit of concern in her voice. Mike looked to her. "I'm not laughing. Explain Marissa, why are you here. your mother is waiting for you at the Tack Shop" he said, crossing his arms and looking over to Travis. Mike turned his attention back to his daughter, waiting for an answer. "Well. I came here to tell Mr Flint, tht we had hay ready to sell and for him to come....take a look" she said. She was breathing so hard. "Marissa." her father said. "you know I do all the hay talking around here." he stated. Marissa bit her lip, looking to Travis, then to her Dad. "I know Dad, but I was gonna make it less trips for you... and when I was on my way down and-?" Her Father interrupted her. "do you really think I'm going to buy this?" he said. Marissa looked over to her Dad. "well, yea" she said. Marissa looked back to Mr Flint, then to Travis, hoping he'd come up with something. Mike looked to her, pointing to his truck. "go, Marissa" She looked to him. "but Dad-" she started. "Go" he pointed again, not changing his tone.

(dusky, sorry it took me so long to post. i'm gonna kinda move this along a bit so we can get them to the party, cuz i think everyone else is jumping ahead. if i read right. So sorry for the PP)

"Would I miss a party?" Shiloh questioned David, meeting his gaze, eyes sparkling with a hint of playfulness. A smile rested easily on her lips, matching David's in it's bright, happy, playful manner. Rettie walked along quietly, head low but not daring to reach for the grass that was just below her, knowing that it would only end in a scolding from her rider. Long black tail simply swished from side to side out of boredom. Shiloh and David continued walking the horses through the pasture until they were nice and cool. When they thought the horses were cool enough, they returned to the barn. They untacked the horses and hung out for a little while, joking around and talking about whatever.

Time flew by and before she knew it Shiloh realized she needed to head home and get ready for the party. She headed out to the barn, David at her side, to tack Rettie back up and head back home. It didn't take long, the mare had stayed pretty clean in one of David's family's extra stalls. Before mounting back up, they parted with a hug and David offered to pick her up to bring her to the party. Smiling at his offer, she agreed, blue and green eye seeming to smile as she met his bright blue eyes.

Heading home, Shiloh let the mare trot a little, knowing the horse was quiet and somewhat tired from the earlier tide, so she was stay calm. She made sure the gray Warmblood was cool before letting her loose in the pasture after a quick hose off. Rettie greeted the Parkens' other horses before rolling and taking off on a bucking and galloping spree. The mare then settled down and grazed near her buddies. Shiloh then slipped inside and took a quick shower. Her dark brown hair, with it's bright blue under part, dried perfectly straight, like it always did. However, Shiloh still took a straightener to it, but only enough to fix her side bangs before doing her make up. She wore a decent amount, more eye makeup then anything, to make her different colored eyes stand out even more then they already did.

She stood in a t-shirt and sofees, looking through her closet and drawers trying to find something she wanted to wear. Finally, she decided on a simple pair of short jean shorts and a fitted white tee with a bright blue tank underneath. The tank was longer then the tee, so the color could be seen at the bottom, and also slightly through the shirt, as it was white so one could see through it slightly. She wore a pair of bright blue flip flops, which matched the tank top. A simple necklace was put on, it was a much longer necklace with a peace sign on the end, several bracelets were on each arm, along with several rings. Jewerly was an addiction of hers.

Glancing at her cell phone, Shiloh saw she had finished getting ready about half an hour before David had said he'd pick her up. She decided to keep herself entertained and headed downstairs, where she planted herself on the couch and watched tv to pass the time.

Travis was nervous, but he didn't let it show. "Mr. Bennett, it's true. Rissa was just tryin to make things easier on you," he answered, desperately trying to save Marissa. It obviously wasn't working with that story, so he gave it one last try. "And on the way here, she started feeling sick. She definately looked it." A look of concern crossed his face, and he looked from Mike to Marissa and back again. "Please, Mr. Bennett," Travis begged, watching Marissa walk down the steps. He felt heavy eyes on him, though, so he looked over at his father. Mr. Flint was glaring at him with eyes that said 'Travis, this is ridiculous. Knock it off.' He finally spoke up. "Travis, that's enough. How about you go up to your room? We can talk about this later," he said, disappointment practically dripping from his words. Travis shook his head. "Dad, no, we-" He tried to save himself but it wasn't working.

Kylie bit her lip. "I think it's too late, Jake," she replied, pointing to Marissa as she walked down the steps. They were close enough now to see Travis clearly, and it was obvious he was trying his hardest. She walked on for a moment befoer answering Jake's question. "I doubt he'll mind. But just to make sure you don't turn into fertilizer, let's not make out in front of him just yet." She added a wink at the end of her sentence, and allowed her smile to reappear. She felt bad, being so happy and having such a great time while her brother and close friend were getting in trouble, but she couldn't help it.

Marissa looked back to her Dad as she stopped at the bottom of the steps. "dad, please. I was only making things easier on you. Can't we ju-" Mike looked to her. "What did I just tell you to do Marissa Anne?" he said. Marissa huffed and turned back around, walking to her father's large dodge truck, getting in and leaning the seat back. Mike looked from his daughter to Travis. "Travis. You better be telling the truth" he said. "My daughter has a job helping her mother out. You better not have pulled my daughter out of work to mess off" he said, pointing to him. He looked back to Mr. Flint. "alright. Give me a call when you're gonna head out and pick up the hay. I'll have it stacked and ready to go" he said. That's what he was gonna have Marissa due. Stack 200 bales of hay under the barn after he brings it all in. It was normal for her.

Travis watched Marissa leave. He wished he never would have let her talk him into this. If only he wasn't so into her. "No sir, I wouldn't mess around with your daughter," Travis replied. "I'm telling the truth, sir." After a moment, he decided to add one last thing, and it would probably push his luck to no return. "May I go to talk to her for minute?" he asked, mentally kicking himself in the head. Mr. Flint remained silent, letting Mike and Travis do the talking. At least until Mike left.

Jake watched his friends from where they were standing, and like Kylie felt bad that they were happy and they were getting in trouble. Rissa was probably in the most trouble and he'd hate it if she couldnt be at the party tonight.

Jake's attention was back on Kylie as she answered his question. "alright, thats good" Jake told her with a soft laugh.

His attention fell back on Travis and Melissa as he watched what was happening.

Kylie gave Jake's hand a gentle squeeze, trying to get his mind off of Marissa and Travis. "Don't worry, I'm sure they'll work it out...eventually," she said, forcing a smile. "Would you mind coming with me into the barn while I untack September?" They turned down the driveway and Kylie found that it might be better not to wave to everyone. Instead, she just gave a small smile to her father then walked to the barn.

Jake averted his attention back to Kylie "Sure thing hun" he told her softly

He followed her up the driveway, past everyone and to the barn, he followed Kylie's actions and didnt wave

he glanced at everyone but mainly kept his eyes in front of him watching his steps.

Marissa wiped away a few tears, looking down to the floorboard of the truck. She never once looked up, and knew she was in trouble. Her father was so good at finding things out, and she never figured out how he did it. Mike looked to him. "Yes. You have 2 minutes." he stated, leaning against the railing, looking from the truck to Travis. His cell rang. It was his wife. They talked for a brief 5 minutes, then he hung up, placing it back in his pocket.

Kylie walked into the barn and to the end of the aisle. She slipped off September's bridle and put his halter back on, tying the lead to the gate. "You'll have to let me know what Taylor says when you get home," she said, laughing quietly. Kylie put the bridle over her shoulder and began to take off the saddle. She picked it up off of September's back, then carried them both into the tack room, setting everything down on top of her trunk. When she came back out, she smiled mischeiviously at Jake. Nobody was in the barn, and she didn't think anyone was coming in there anytime soon.

Travis nodded and said a quick thank you to Mike before jogging off down the stairs and across the driveway to the truck. He opened Marissa's door and frowned at her. He took his thumb and wiped the tears from her eyes. "Don't worry, babe, I'm gonna find a way to get you out of this," he said, completely serious. He didn't even mean to call her what he did, it just sort of came out. Travis put a hand on her knee and looked her in the eyes. "You're so beautiful, please don't cry," he said sweetly. "I'd kiss you, but we're already in enough trouble."

Marissa heard a click from the door open. She smiled, seeing him. "it's not your fault. A risk isn't a risk until you take it" she laughed slightly. She wiped another tear away, looking back to him. "I am planning on getting myself out of this somehow. When he gets in the car I'll grab my stomach and say it hurts" she said. Mom and him are going into Charris County to look at another horse, so I can make it to the party around 7, and be home around 9:35" she said. "they won't be home till 10:40, I guarantee you" she stated. "i want to know how does he know I skipped work?" she said.

Jake laughed at her comment on his sister "yea i bet i'll get an ear full when i get home" Jake pulled out his cell and glanced at the time, he had a couple hours till the party so staying here awhile didnt matter.

Jake returned her smile and pulled her close to him and kissed her again, he let his hands fall on her hips and he connected his two pointer fingers together like fish hooks,

Travis looked up, through the windsheild, and saw that Mike was talking on the phone and looking the other direction. He returned his gaze to Marissa and kissed her softly on the lips. "That'll have to last you until tonight," he said with a smirk. "I'm so happy you're coming. It wouldn't be as much fun without you. At least, for me anyways." Travis rubbed Rissa's leg and smiled, then looked back up at Mike. "My time's up, I'll talk to you tonight," he said, patting her knee and leaving her with a smile before shutting her door and walking back up to the porch. "Thank you, sir," he said to Mike.

Kylie returned Jake's kiss, running her hands from his stomach up to his shoulders, then laced her fingers behind his neck the way she had earlier. "I am sooo happy I hung out with you today," she whispered, giggling softly before kissing him again.

Jake reached his hands up to her hair and let his fingers run through it, he picked out the odd strand of straw "Im happy too" he said softly as he returned her kiss. He didnt really care if anyone walked into the barn right then and there. His worries were gone and he felt normal and comfortable with her.

Marissa nodded. "yea. I'll see you tonight" she replied before watching him walk off after shutting her door. Now, she would never talk to her father again. She wanted to jump out of the truck so bad and run over and just tell her Dad to beleive her. Mike looked to Travis. "your Welcome. Have a good evening Mr. Flint." he added. Mike turned around and climbed in the truck, starting it up and driving off without a word to his daughter. Marissa looked over to him, then back out the window. She sighed. "Your working at your mother's shop till 8 tonight" he stated. "what, but Dad.." she said, looking over to him. "i don't want to hear it Marissa. You skipped work and your mother was worried, waiting. It's the only acceptable punishment" he said. Marissa graoned. "You're being so unfair." she said. He looked over to her as he drove down the road. "Unfair. Really? Did you ever think you were being unfair to your mother, leaving her alone like that waiting for you? Marissa, Your helping your mother at the tack shop to continue your dream with Rocket." he said. "If you quit working there, you're gonna have to get rid of Rocket." he said. He kept his eyes on the road, looking to Marissa everynow and then. "What.. No. I'm not selling him." she said. "did I tell you your helping load the hay onto The flint's truck and trailer?" he stated. Marissa bit her lip and shut up, looking out the window. She pulled her cell out and texted Travis. I'm not happy w/ Dad. I have 2 work till 8 tonight. I'm leaving early though... *Groans* she sent it to him, putting her cell phone between her thighs.

Kylie let a small smile sneak onto her lips. "You're a great kisser, by the way," she said, kissing him again. She honestly wouldn't care if anyone were to walk into her barn right now, even her dad. She was enjoying every second of what was happening, and she wasn't going to let anyone ruin that for her.

Travis watched as Mike's truck pulled out of his driveway and down the road. He let out a heavy sigh. Mr. Flint then spoke up. "Travis, I know you were lying. I'm not going to tell Mike, but I'd just like to know what you were thinking," he said, looking his son straight in the eyes. Travis sat down in the rocking chair next to his dad, not feeling like leaning back. "I...I don't know. All I was thinking about was Marissa," he replied, lacing his fingers together and looking down at them. "And why were you thinking about her?" Mr. Flint asked, an easy smile coming across his face. Travis looked up at his dad, then back down at his hands. "I like her. A lot. I just hate to see her get into trouble like that, especially when I could have prevented it," he confessed, then stood up. "I'm, uh, going down to the barn." Travis jogged down the steps and walked to the barn. Half way there, he felt his cell phone vibrate. It was a text from Marissa. Just don't get yourself into any more trouble, babe. I don't wanna have you taken away for ever.

She nodded. i won't.. cause I'm gonna make myself get sick, then get an early leave to go home she texted back to him, sighing. She placed her cell phone back. Mike looked to her. "Marissa. You know your the rules for dating. You can't date till your 17." he said. She looked to him. "That's not fair Dad! I can have a normal life. It's not like I'm go out and.and..and. Oh forget it." she said. She leaned back in the seat and crossed her arms. She decided to put the plan into action. She placed her right hand onto her forehead. "oww... my head hurts." she said. He looked over to her. "Once again, played to many time." he said. Marisa shoved her hand in her jeans pocket. Her father pulled into the tack shop. "Your off at Eight. Eight o'clock Marissa Ann" he said. Marissa nodded. "yes Dad" she said. She opened the door, grabbed her phone and shut it, walking into the store. Mike backed out and drove back off to the Flints house. He had one thing to talk about before he went home. At least this gave Jake the chance to talk to him about hay. Mike pulled into the property and parked, getting out.

Travis decided that he didn't feel like going into the barn quite yet. He walked over to the fenceline instead, leaning on the top rail and looking out at the family's horses. Just then, he realized that he wanted one. He had ridden Nashville serveral times, and Kylie said he was good enough to try September, but he was a pony and Travis was 6'1". His phone vibrated again, so he snatched it out of his pocket and read the text. uhh...I don't know that that's such a good idea. Just don't get hurt and don't get into more trouble. That's all I ask. He pressed send, then heard the sound of a truck coming down his driveway. When he turned around and saw it was Mike again, he felt sick.

Mr. Flint raised an eyebrow as Mike's truck pulled into the driveway. What could he possibly want?

Marissa entered her mother's shop, bunch of orders being passed to her. Bring out more tack. Hang up new clothes. Clean the bridles. Dust the shelves. Mike stepped out and walked over to Mr. Flint. "Can I speak to Travis?" he asked, looking to the Barn, then to Mr. Flint. Marissa picked her phone up again, flipping it open. I won't get in more trouble she sent back and placed it back in her pocket.

Travis heard what Mike said, he was right next to the house by this time. "Travis!" Mr. Flint called, unaware that his son was right there. The tall, handsome boy walked up the steps and looked at Mike. He felt even sicker now. His phone vibrated, but he ignored it. "Yes, Mr. Bennett?" he said, swallowing the lump in his throat.

Mike looked to Travis, then placed an arm around his shoulders. "Walk with me, talk with me, son" he said. He started down the steps and stopped near his truck. He took his arm off of Travis. "tell me. What is it about my daughter that interests you?" he asked him. He figured he might as well find out a little something, if his daughter were to date him. He looked over the land, then to Travis again. "you realize she is a young girl. She has a mind of her own. Exactly, what happened back there Travis?" Mike looked back to the Land, awaiting an answer from the handsome young man. Mike blinked a few times, then moved his large hand to his back pocket, then pulled out a pack of cigarettes and lit one up, placing it in his mouth. He pulled it out and looked to Travis as he held the cigarette by his side.

Travis swallowed hard before answering Mike's questions. He tried to not sound like your typical high school guy. There had to be some reason Rissa's dad was asking him these questions, so he answered them as strategically as he could. "Well, Mr. Bennet, your daughter is a great girl. She's caring and sweet, and she has a great personality," he replied. "I understand that she is a young girl, sir, and that she has a mind of her own. Nothing happened, sir, I promise. Marissa and I are just friends. I care about her, but I would never disobey your rules, Mr. Bennett." He felt bad for outright lying to the man, but if he wanted to keep seeing Rissa, that was what he had to do.

"Alright." he said. "i have a few rules IF you plan on dating Marissa." he stated. "I'm not saying I have accepted the fact." he added. "Listen closely." he said. "Rule One.. If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up. Rule Two.. You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them. Rule Three.. I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you." He paused, loking out to the land, then back to him. "hope your listening. I'm not trying to scare you off." he added. "anyways. Rule Four... It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early"."

He looked over to Mr Flint, then back to Travis, in the eyes. "One more Rule, Son. Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me." He looked back to him once more. "Is that all Crystal Clear?" God, if Marissa had been, here, she would so jump all over Mike for saying that stuff.

OOC: Courtney, you are brilliant. That whole post make me laugh out loud! [ROTFL]

BIC:

Travis didn't say a thing during the whole one-sided conversation with Mike. All he could do was nod and at the end, all he could muster was "Ye..yessir, Mr. Bennett. Crystal clear, sir." He was terrified. He may be 19, and he had gotten talks from plenty of dads. But this talk had to have been the most elaborate of them all. "You don't have anything to worry about," Travis added, a little less shakily. All he could think about was Marissa, and how mad she would have been if she had been there to hear this. He made a deal with himself not to tell her, for both his sake and hers.