Kelly's Ace

B B Unite - Let's Get Healthy Thread!

OK, since I have not been able to access the original thread for days now and I know we all need each other's support, I'm starting a new one!! [surrender]

Lanette, and WM - [Huggy] I hope you both are doing great! I've missed talking to each of you. I had posted a bunch of pics from the football camp my son attended on the old thread just before everything went down, so I'll try and post them on this one in a bit.

Let's see, I've been eating well. I've been doing my exercises. Friday was 45 minutes on the elliptical and then in the evening we went for our walk/run. Yesterday I did the 30 minute hill program on the stationary bike. Today is my day off, but I am still hoping to do my walk/run. I told my son that we would try and do that every other day, regardless of what day that happens to fall on. He's doing really well also. [Yay]

Have a great day everyone, I will check back later. I hope you find the new this new thread so we can keep on talking to each other!!

I don't know exactly what kinda of programs you guys are participating in, but if you go to

http://www.thedailyplate.com/users/myplate/ it will help aid in your goal.

I guess I don't recall seeing the original thread.

What is the plan here, do we each set out indiviudal goals?

Are we checking in daily to "report"?

I'm interested.

Hi Chevygurlz - [smiley Wavey] We just post daily about how our day has gone, if we exercised, post any weight losses, how we've eaten, and just generally give each other the support we need. We are just there for each other.

I like to use Sparkpeople.com, it has helped me to lose 61.5 pounds so far!! But different things work for different people. I work out 6 days a week and count every calorie.

We'd love to have you post - it's a great thread for those of us wanting to get healthier [Jump]

I am going to put the pics up that I had put on the other thread from football camp. I hope you enjoy them...

Here is a group shot of my sons "team" with Jim Kelly

326109888.jpg

Here is one of the entire camp after morning warm-ups

326109793.jpg

Here is our older son getting his shirt signed by George Wilson, Bills Safety

326109629.jpg

Continued in next post

Pics continued...

Our younger son with George Wilson

326109667.jpg

Our older son playing in Ralph Wilson stadium - he's hitting the bag

326109738.jpg

It was a great experience for our son. This is his third year, and every year he seems to enjoy it more and more. George Wilson was a wonderful guy! He was working out but would stop and talk to the kids and sign things for them, great guy! Andre Reed was there also, flew in that morning, again, what a great guy, he played catch with the kids and signed a bunch of stuff for them. Jim Kelly is always great with the kids. He's out there playing with them, signs something for them every year, and just has a lot of fun with the kids. Our older son even caught a touch down pass from Jim Kelly while playing flag football!!

I mentioned I wanted to join and then the board was down for renovations.

I am 9 weeks postpartum with baby #2 and I have already 2/3's of my baby weight (30 pounds) and I'd like to lose 30 more. I wanted to lose about 15-20 BEFORE I got prego but that didn't happen. I MAINLY need to tone and lose inches so we'll see how the tracking goes as far as "poundage"...but I did a height/weight calculation for my age and it says I need to lose a few reagrdless (Insert blushing icon here).

SO...I don't have a gym membership nor do I have any workout equipment but in the past I have ALWAYS had luck with my Billy Blank's Tae Bo work out VHS tapes. They have ALWAYS kept me motivated once started and they are the ONLY thing that I have ever stuck with and had tremendous results from. BUT --- mine are so old and the ppl are so cheesy, LOL...SO --- I ordered on eBay (Got a ridiculiously good deal!) NIP (2) Billy Blank Tae Bo DVD's. One is the Boot Camp and the other is the LIVE Cardio version. I can't wait to get them, Then it will just be a matter of making time (with my 9 week old and my 2 year old) to get it done DAILY! But I am excited and PUMPED! [Jump]

And ofcourse eating well needs to happen. I am nursing so it will be a challenge (having to eat 5x a day, small meals). Maybe not...we shall see!

Thank, you all, for allowing me to join...we all need all the support we can get to reach our personal goals! Helping and supporting one another will make it that much easier to get us there! [Huggy]

I am trying to motivate myself to run a half marathon that is in November. Is it okay if I post here for encouragement? My problem is that I need to create a schedule to keep myself motivated. Right now I won't push myself farther than about 4 miles a day, and I really need to, because I walk some of that too, rather than just keeping a steady jog the whole time. If this isn't a good place for this, just let me know and I'll delete my post. Good luck to everyone on all of their goals!

Hi Giddyup - this is a great thread for encouragement to get healthier! We'd love to have you post. Hi SweetCaroline - nice to see you! Sounds like your off to a great start! Best of luck on the Tae Bo tapes!

Where oh where are Bigheart and Wildmare??? Come on out guys, I miss hearing from you both!!

Hey all! I was a part of the initial BB Unite thread. . . right at the beginning. . . but fell off from posting. . .

I thought I'd pop back in and give a general update on how my weightloss has been going!

About 2 1/2 months ago, I had a stretch of about a week and a half where I easily dropped about 5 lbs. . . Took me down to 170lbs from 175lbs. . . and after that I couldn't seem to lose any more. . . Which is a big load of CROCK. . . IDEALY I should be losing at least another 30lbs. . . ANYWAYS. . . With summer here, longer days, hotter weather. . . I dunno what exactly is doing it. . . but I've managed to curb my appetite, and especially my cravings for sweets and carbs. . . I'm eating smaller portions in general and doing a bang up job about NOT eating after 8pm (I get home from work at 7:30 normally and eat dinner right away).

I've been having healthy breakfasts, either whole grain cereals with 1% milk, or low-fat yogurt and fruit smoothies (also make great deserts when I've got a sugar craving). . . For lunches I've been rotating between Progresso Soups, and yummy whole wheat and turkey tortilla wraps with home-made chipotle seasoning.

I've also been exercising and walking about 3 times a week.

Anyways. . . the long and short of it. . . I've lost TEN POUNDS in the last month! I'm just tickled pink! I pulled on a pair of jeans the other day that "FIT" me before. . . but were rather snug, and easily became uncomfortable. . . WELL. . . they were significantly looser on me than they were a few weeks ago! [Yay]

I'm going on vacation in a little over a month. . . I would so LOVE to lose another ten pounds before that rolls around! I want to be comfortable in a bathing suit!

Hey Kate - your doing great!!! You should be very proud of yourself [Yay] It really does stink when you do everything right - eat well, work-out and everything and the weight just sits there, or worse, you go up a pound - ugh!!! The important thing is to always remember the plateaus are temporary and to remember it will pass and the weight will go down again. I've been on a plateau for about 10 days now, just today I was finally down a half pound, but at least it's starting again!

Still waiting for Bigheart and Wildmare - where are you guys??? [Question]

HI Sandy! Thanks for starting up this new version, I was just thinking about it this morning and was going to PM you tonight. Great minds and all that ;) Thanks for sharing the pictures of your sons at football camp, very cool they got to meet the pro's. Good girl for continuing your exercise! Has the heat been high at your house? Heat usually makes me not want to exercise.

Hi Chevygurl, I haven't checked out the Daily Plate yet. I'm doing Weight Watchers, but am always interested in learning from other sites.

Sweet Caroline, the Tae Bo DVD's sound interesting, you'll have to let us know what you think about them. I bet Jeren will like working out to them!

GiddyUp, welcome! We will be happy to encourage you on your half marathon quest! How long is a half marathon?

PHKate, WooHoo on the weight loss! It sounds like you eat very similarly to what I do. Coolio on the jeans, that's a great feeling!

To update the new folks, I've been on Weight Watchers since September '07, and I've lost 50 lbs to date. I've had a life long weight issue, so I'm super thrilled to find something to stick with. For exercise, walking and biking, alternated with BowFlex workouts. Six weeks ago I had an accident while riding, so I haven't been able to do the walking/biking, and have gotten lazy at the BowFlex [bang Head] I have been good about my diet, so haven't gained but have lost some of the muscle tone. The good news is my leg is feeling better and I'm going to start walking again this week, I was up to 2 miles and want to get back to that and then some.

[smiley Wavey]

Ooo, did i mention I bought a new book to try? Geared explicitly for riders. Chock full of plenty of exercises. Can't wait to try! Also, i haven't yet found the guts to step on that scale (what a beast that thing is. Yikes!) but i'm working on it! And my friend who i haven't seen in three months said to me (and she has no idea i'm working on my weight) "WOW. Have you lost weight? You're face looks so much thinner!" Ok, well, i didn't think my efforts were that apparent....but boy! That felt good. Hope everyone is doing well! [Jump]

Good morning everyone!! It's so great to see so many people here. Lanette, great to see you - glad to hear your leg is feeling better!! Classically, isn't it wonderful when people notice and say something.

Well, I have to go to work this morning. I'll be back to check in later. Have a GREAT day everyone [smiley Wavey]

Hey everyone! Just got back from work. Now I'll probably eat something then work out in a bit. Today is elliptical day. I'm hoping later either to go for our walk/run or maybe play some tennis.

I'll talk to you all in a bit!

Hey - I was just looking at what the average size american women wear and...... it's a size 14, and I'M a size 14!!! [Yay] British women too incase anyone was wondering.

I just wanted to share this bit of info. So, after I finish losing weight, another 33 pounds, I should actually be at least another size down! I am so psyched!

Talk to you all later!

Hey All!!! Just thought I'd pop in. I know I "started" about a month ago, but I've been really lax. I've been eating better, but haven't been working out. I really want to tone up!! SO!!!!! This morning I went on a mile walk, and after work I'm hitting the gym. [Jump] Yay!

I've decided to have christmas as my "date". I want to lose 25 pounds by then. Thats only five pounds a month so I KNOW I can do it!! Maybe it'll be even more!! I think thats a reasonable time frame. I'll have a great start by then, and I want to continue from there and lose another 25lbs. by my 20th birthday on April 19th! I know its totally reasonable to lose 5 lbs a month, I've done it before, and can do it again!!!!!!!

[Jump]

Keep it up Ladies!

Lacee

Hiya folks!

I wanted to say THANKS for all the encouragement over my weightloss! I had the best thing happen to me this morning when I got to work! (The only good thing to happen so far today!)

I had walked in and was doing some of my officework, when the one fella I work with came back and said. . . "DANG GIRL! Have you lost weight!?!?!" WOOO HOOO! [Yay]

It's about time somebody actually NOTICED!!! And what's more. . . it was a day when I woke up feeling like a BLIMP. . . Nothing I put on looked right and I just don't feel great. So it was a nice ego boost.

I started my day out with a cup of coffee and 2 teaspoons of fat free creamer. . . (I can't quite give up my creamer). And I had a half cup of low-fat cottage cheese and a small bowl of watermelon for breakfast. I'm about ready for lunch. . . I think it's gonna be subway today.

Hey everyone [smiley Wavey] Where are you Lanette and Wildmare? Nice to see you PHKate! Hey Lacee, great to see you too! Sounds like you have set yourself some great goals - now you CAN do it!!!

Well, I just finished my 45 minutes on the elliptical. Today I decided to bump up the resistance level. So for my first 25 minutes at the middle incline I did it at the second resisitance level. Then for the next 20 minutes I set the incline to the top incline, and for the last couple of minutes on that one I did it at the second resistance [Yay]

I hope you all are having a great day so far, I'll be checking back in later :)

Good afternoon ladies [smiley Wavey]

Just trying to find my way around the new format. I think it's cool!!

Sounds like everyone is doing well [Not Worthy]

I have finally incorperated some exercise(besides daily chores) with the help of a Total Gym that my mom gave me. I used muscles I didn't even know I had! ouch

With the garden in full swing it's been easier to eat healthier. Today's lunch was tuna over fresh chopped lemon cucumber with sliced tomatoes. mmmmmm. Although to get the blocks I need I had to eat alot of cucumber!! I'm still full and it's closing in on snack time.

I hope everyone has a great day [Huggy]

I'm here!!!! Trying to get used to the funky new format. I was SHOCKED this morning when I got on the scale and had lost three pounds! I thought I was pretty bad over the weekend, but all the swimming I did must have helped counter act it.

So now I'm down 22 pounds! Yay!!! [Yay]

So far today I had a cup of milk for breakfast. A cup of chocolate milk later on. A bowl of cereal for lunch and a no sugar added ice cream bar. Then had some ants on a log. Will either have a smoothy or a lean gourmet for dinner.

Hi everyone!

Sandy, were you huffin and puffin at the increased resistance? I would be!

QK, coolio on the Total Gym, your muscles will start hurting eventually. I just tried lemon cukes for the first time a few weeks ago - love them! Only been able to find them at one produce stand, not in the market.

Shawnee, your goals are very reasonable, you'll be able to stick with that and will probably lose even more.

PHKate, that's quite a compliment! We call it a non-scale victory (NSV) at Weight Watchers. WooHoo for you! I refuse to give up my Mocha Mix or CoffeeMate, I just use fat free. Don't mess with my coffee!

WildMare - yay! 22 lbs is awesome! Keep it up!

Does coloring your hair count as activity? I got that done today, went to the market, pulled out about 100 foxtails from my horse's sports medicine boots, weeded the garden, and will be making dinner soon.

Dinner was half a smoothy, a turkey ranch wrap and some zuccini from my garden sauted in margarine. With crystal light lemonade to drink.

This eveining I walked down the driveway to get the mail. And I did 10 minutes on my gazelle. If I start out slow and don't strain myself, I might actually stick with it.

Good morning everyone!! [smiley Wavey] I'm getting ready to go to work here in a bit. I wanted to stop in and wish you all a great day!

WM - great job with the exercise. Sounds like your off to a great start!! Our zuchinni are just starting to get to the point where we can pick them. I had to pick all of our broccoli the other day, it was getting close to flowering. We blanched it and then froze it for later.

Bigheart - I wasn't to bad with the increased resistance. My heart rate was higher, and I was breathing a little harder. I did have to go a little slower, but I was still pretty close to my normal distance. Sounds like you had a pretty busy day yesterday!

Talk to you all later.

Apparently the 3 pound loss was a fluke, cause it's back today.

This morning I had a bowl of cereal. Now am sipping on a sugar free vanilla iced coffee from Mcdonald's.

Good Morning BB buds!

I have to admit, I am so envious of all the vegetable gardens you guys have. My backyard doesn't get enough sun to really grow good veggies. Fortunately there are really good produce stands around here.

Going to walk this morning, then off to the barn to ride, temps are still mild today, expected to go up tomorrow.

Dinner last night was flanken ribs, frozen broccoli/potatoes in cheese sauce (low cal) and a salad. Tonight is turkey meatballs/whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce (jar), and another salad.

Have a great day! I'll cbl.