Sign in to follow this  
ABcowgirl

Buckin Bonanza Blues (aka Julius) 3 Month Pics Pg 2

Well, I wouldn't be too concerned with her thoughts on the change of pick up date.

Lots of people do that, I wouldn't get worked up over it. Just hope you can rebook the truck.

Keep us updated.

Wow... yeah. Seems kinda odd, huh? Unless she maybe had him mixed up with another colt that was born sooner than yours?? Maybe wrote THAT colt's wean date on the bill of sale instead of your colt's.

I have NO idea... just attempted to place myself in her shoes... that's all.

Anyways... I sure hope that you can re-schedule the truck! If so, then nothing to worry about, and you still get your gorgeous colt.

Congratulations! And keep us updated!! [Huggy]

K so im starting the journey south tommorow once im outa class to get Julius. Im gunna drive as far as possible before having to stop to sleep. Hopefully I can make it somewhere between Olds an Calgary if not farther. Should make it to Rolling Hills early Saturday morning if everything goes as planned. I will hopefully post new pictures of him on satuday night or sunday.

But anyway I have a few questions.

Its about 7 1/2 hours drive one way in good traffic with just a car. So im guess I will be hauling

Julius for 8 plus hours. Any opinions of feeding(hay) and watering at a break during the trip. I know that if I do water him he shouldn't be allowed to much. Let me know what you think.

And he will be about 5days short of 3 months so for a few weeks should I feed him some foal ration??? I've never owed a foal so any input before tomorrow night would be helpful. [Question]

The trip went well. When we picked him up we found out that he wasn't halter broke so it took a bit to get him away from his momma. Loading was fine he stepped right in. Sunday morning he was a lil stiff in the hind end, as he wouldn't lay down the whole trip. He is registed right now as a solid paint bred, but i noticed that as he progressivly became darker a small white spot on his right side began to show up, it also looks like he may have some white in between his hind legs by his sheath. I will check the pigment of his skin next summer when he sheds out his winter coat.

P9130001.jpg

P9140446.jpg

P9140447.jpg

P9140448.jpg

P9140449.jpg

P9140450.jpg

P9140451.jpg

P9140452.jpg

P9140453.jpg

Thanks guys. I miss him so much as I haven't seen him in 2weeks. Can't wait to get out to the farm this weekend and work with him.