Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Strikes Twice

Dressage Chit-chat Thread: Volume 22

Some updates: Well, Riley's soundness lasted 2 rides . . . he must have rebruised it. More on that later.

Remmy won both classes at his show, and was one-tenth point off high point with a 67.4.% He was utterly relaxed and reliable, and is ALMOST Sold. Have a family that loved him, but their truck broke down friday on the way to pick him up for a vet check, rescheduled for next wednesday. It's alright, b/c Fay dumped 8 inches on us this week, and the scratches have really bothered his thin skin, and his legs are pretty scurffy and puffy. Ugh. So I have 4 days to clean them up.

Frasier is for sale too- his video is up a few posts back. He's doing great.

Amore has drastically improved in the past few weeks, she's finally found her balance at the trot, and can sustain a lovely, powerful lofty collected trot for quite a time. Now its the lateral work and direction changes we need to work on with it.

Well, back to Riley.

Holy mother of all miracles . . . we have sustained soundness! 5 rides in a row! Maybe, just maybe, we have beat this abscess.

He's happy, sending me clean flying changes out the wazoo, when I only want a counter-canter. I swear he is the only horse I know that can com back from months off and have mastered something in the meantime. Our changes weren't this nice before! I've just started some lateral work and medium trot and canter, and he feels wonderful. Riding this horse is like nothing else, I swear. I sent in entries for the 5k class, so cross your fingers! One more show right after that, to try and win the Dover Medal (and a Jaguar saddle!) and then BLM, and then our winter campaign is aiming to be the massive shows down in Florida. I'm giddy, can you tell?!

Here's an update real quick. Last weekend took ponyboy to rec. show. He was extremely well behaved and a star! He won me a High Point trophy for Adult. Ammie rider! His one test was quite lovely. Got a 73% there w/ 8 on his gaits and 8 on my position! yeh ponyboy! 2nd test was nice too...or at least I thought so and everyone else around me did too. We got a 58...but oh well...out of 16 riders in this test...only 1 rider came out w/ a 60. Everyone else were in the 50's and below. Apparently this judge is extremely tough...to get a 60 w/ her is excellent. Overall pleased w/ our performance.

Disappointed today though. So utterly disappointed. Went to another rec show....and our first test...was well a disappointment. He was as high as a kite...due to his mind being blown when a big *** tractor w/ a bucket that held a judge's booth went bopping right next to our arena. Ugh. What a disaster. So I kind of just tried to forget that test....we didn't place. The ring stewardess saw the tractor and when I came out she goes..."I couldn't believe that guy..I was pissed when I saw him go by w/ that booth!" I'm not trying to make excuses....for if it was just the tractor that would have been one thing. We should have been a bit more together...but when the tractor has a White judges booth in the bucket...well I can't blame Scotch for freaking. We had some bolting going on in that test...and irregularity in canter. Ugh. So I thought...what the heck is going on. He felt great warming up around the ring. I didn't feel a thing. So I'm a bit worried...might have a vet look at him. I do not want these issues back. Just when I thought things were going well. But I went back out to see if it was just something...and he felt fine. Didn't have any irregular steps...canter was fine in warmup too. Odd. 2nd test was a bit better...I rode conservativly It was an ok test. Wasn't anything to write home about. Got a 64 w/ a 3rd. Just a sad day. He was not my usual ponyboy. Felt like we were back to his first year of showing.

So we are going to Regionals and BLMs in October. :)

I actually do have pics! Yeh! Will have to download and get the link for the professional that took pics.

Yay BLMs! Have you got a hotel?! I can't find a vacant one. We should meet up or something. What level are you doing?

KTS and 3Day-Good luck at BLMs. and good luck to anyone else who may be going

Bess-I love seeing pics of your ponies.They are so cute.

LST- I hope your guy is ok.

3Day- I blame the freakish cool weather we got. The mare has been so up it has been difficult to do any work congrats on the good show. You can't really blame your guy for being a bit up with the the tractor with the booth going by. That would have gotten my attention.

Cat is still sick. We found out he has a mass in his nasal cavity. So we have to go get him scoped and get the mass biopsied. Pooy Hubby's Bday is in a week. I told hjm he needs to change it. 4 years ago my mom passed away a couple of days after his Bday and now his cat. The man has no luck. Hubby and I finally got transferred to another store (for work). It is more money, closer to home, and super close to the barn.

With all the recent vet bills I don't know if I will be doing much showing.There is a scholling show series Ithat is cheap as chips. So I will probably do the last 2 of them.There is also a schooling horse trial in ocy. that I reallly want to do.

Spent the holiday weekend taking care of my sister's pets. She has two huskies and two cats. Siberian Huskies dion't know how to bark. They have to learn it from another dog. Well her one huskie does this screaming thing. It is so loud and annoying. I so wish I could muzzle him. At least they are well behaved dogs for the most part.

KTS- Yup we have a hotel. My friend booked it MONTHS in advance. Sure would love to meet up. Ponyboy is doing Training level...only his 2nd year of showing. Are you taking Riley 2nd?

CSA- not sure what it was. Scotch was having an absolute fit when I got there yesterday....everyone else was being turned out...and he wasn't! OMG he was screaming. And was in just a viscious mood! hahah. Then he thought Iwas turning him out and instead put him in the grooming stall and started braiding. Wow if ponies could be a sulking kid...he was definately one of them. He was so pissed at me. Oh well. Ooo that's great that you and your hubby were able to find something closer! Ugh vet bills...know that feeling. Hang in there and I hope that you will be able to do some more shows before the season ends!! And thanks! Also wanted to tell you...you should definately look into the LVDA organization. They were alll wonderful at the show I went too. I even know a lady that is on the LVDA board. Nice club!

Got my hotel! I was sweating bullets there.

Riley's doing good- got my final Grand Slam show this weekend, and my last and only shot at qualifying my musical for BLMs. So what do I do?

Change my music! Mwuahahaha!

I love it now, I rode it twice today, and Riley became higher than a kite, power walking in our cool down, he's loves it! Really pumps him up.

So I know you are dying to know what it is.

Well.

My entrance is the start of MGMT's "Electic Feel"

The trot work is Gorillaz' "Feel Good, Inc"

Walk is Gorillaz' "Clint Eastwood"

Canter is OutKast's "The Way you move me."

So yeah. I'm doing a HIP HOP/Techno MUSICAL! Ahahaha!

Unfortunately, my judge this weekend is old crusty German guy. I'll try to make him dance in that booth!

This thread keeps dropping off of the page:-) I have been crazy busy and I have regionals this week, then everything should cool down a bit. We had terrible weather today. The remains of hurricane Ike came all the way up here and the wind was crazy. Our road looks like a tornado hit with all of the damage and trees down. I am the only one I know around here who has electric right now! I HAVE to be able to ride tomorrow...

Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm a bad chit-chatter.... :ashamed0002:

KTS - ooooooh you HAVE to get video of that! lmao, glad you got a hotel!

Spring has sprung! I'm so happy, and the last hock scare obviously had nothing to do with his hocks LOL, so we're still going, he was due July 4 :confused0024: sooooo.... I dunnno lol, not complaining though.

Lessons are fabulous, I can not for the life of me ride like that by myself, but it's encouraging to have something that feels nice once a week LOL. My best friend is now riding with me once every 2 weeks so it's nice to have someone else to observe/bounce ideas off of/be there to repeat stuff later etc.

Our once a year competition is fast approaching and I'm starting to get freaked out LOL. I'm trying not to panic... it's October 11 so that's like a little under a month :twitch: ahhhhh hahaha, it's all fun though, so not too much pressure.

I am going to try for my licence soon.. I am I am LOL. I just have to ge the reverse parking good in the car I'm going to do the test in, and I'll be sweet, I think, unless my nerves get the better of me.

At the end of November my mum and I are going to equitana, like your equine affaire (sp?), and it'll be great. Andreas Helgstrand will be there among others annnd they have a trade fair so there might be some cool things to buy :happy0203:

Edited by Lightning Strikes Twice

I live!!

So there's really no way that I'm going to go back and read everything and then reply...sorry :( But I thought I would pop in and say hi!

Things are going pretty good over here in the Great Northwest - I'm taking this year off of school, although I'm debating whether to go back in January or not - depends on how broke I am. In the meantime, I'm still living with the parentals (kind of a bummer but I can't afford an apartment) and I'm working as a receptionist at a small animal clinic here in town. It's a walk-in clinic so we are always insanely busy and the stress-level is through the roof, but I do like it because I get to play with kitties and doggies and the occasional bunnies - seriously, that's part of my job description! But soon I'll be moving up to lab tech/tech assistant, then after a few months of that I'll be a full-blown technician! The only thing I don't like about it is that my hours are kind of bad - there's no set time that I'm off work so sometimes I don't get home till 8pm and I have to work Saturdays, and on top of that I don't work enough hours, only about 25/week. But that should get better when I start doing tech work, so it's okay for now. The doctors I work with are awesome, and I've already taken home an abandoned kitty. Her name is Delila and she is super cute! She was spayed yesterday so she is totally high on meds and milking it for all it's worth :)

Vegas is doing okay - she has a tendon injury on the left front - I don't know what it is, but I don't think it's a bow, considering the rapid improvement in heat and swelling that I've seen. She's also sound on it at the walk and trot in hand. The vet is coming tomorrow to ultrasound to see what the damage is and where it is. One way or another, show season is over and we've got a long road of recovery ahead of us. How long, I still don't know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she just clipped herself with her hind toe and bruised the tendon sheath a little, but we'll see. Bad news is that it's pretty low, just above the fetlock.

Macy is doing very well. She's losing a little bit of weight from being in more regular work. I'm getting really close to actually hitching her to the cart, hopefully within a couple weeks. I'm going to start putting a few more rides on her as well. She is for sale though - that's what I originally got her for, and I think she's ready to start her career. She's so cute though, I think I'll miss her a little.

The absolute weirdest thing happened this morning!! I found a horse! No, seriously, I just found a horse. Actually, my dad did - she's a little TB filly (judging from the fact that she has a lip tattoo), I figured she's about three from her teeth, and I verified that by her lip tattoo starting with I, so she's a 2005 foal. But no one in our area seems to own her. We found her walking around the barn across the street, so we (okay, my dad and my neighbor) caught her and I brought her over to my barn. As I was walking her across the street to my place a sheriff drove by and asked me if she was my horse - apparently someone had called earlier to report a loose horse running around (and yet did nothing about it on our busy road) and this one matches that description. I told him that I don't know who owns this horse, but that I would be happy to take care of it till we find it's owner. So the sheriff's department is trying to find the owner, and meanwhile the redhead is eating me out of barn and home...**** hath no fury like a chestnut thoroughbred mare...she's in the stall next to Vegas, who is still royally pissed off about 6 days and counting of stall rest, so there are some mare dynamics going on there. The mare has shoes, has been clipped recently, and her coat is shiny and she has muscle, although she is probably a 4- for body score. She also has a wound on the inside of her left knee that has some proudflesh on it. I peeled off the scab, picked her thrushy feet, and gave her hay and water, but I'm afraid to do too much you know, in case the owners freak out about it...people are too sue-happy these days, and some of the people we live by are straight out of Deliverance I swear...

Anyway, that's what's going on here - my life is completely taken over by my animals...training and selling Macy, taking care of the SIL's 24 year old mare, trying to convince one kitty that being an inside/outside kitty won't actually kill her, the new spayed kitty, dealing with Vegas's tendon injury, the two barn kitties that are on a MAJOR diet, and now this new horse who's name I don't even know! The only animal I don't have to feed is Dad's dog, but guess who has to train it...Let's see - four cats, one dog, and four horses...you know, it's a good thing I'm pre-vet!

Wow, I have been such a bad chit-chatter!!

Things have been super busy here in WA. Arielle, my new mare, is doing great. She is such a blast, and we've really connected. I purchased her from MT in late June, and she had barely any training on her. We qualified for the Oregon Dressage Championships earlier this year, those were held Septebmer 12-14th. We ended up 4th overall, which I was happy with.

The ODS Championships are a bit different...on Saturday, everyone rides Training 3, and on Sunday, everyone rides Training 4. The two scores are then averaged to declare Champion/placings. On Saturday, we got a 62.800% and were in 5th (I forgot the stretchy circle though, so that subtracted 2 points from our score). On Sunday, we got a 63.200% and 2nd place. For that show being Arielle's third ever, I was really pleased with how she handled everything.

School has been keeping me busy as well. I am taking IB courses (advanced classes), and then working quite a bit too. Along with riding, that all keeps me fairly busy.

Hope everyone and their mount(s) are doing well...I will try and update/read more often!

Megan - Hehehe bunnies! The only problem I have with working in a vet clinic is that animals generally go there when they're sick or injured LOL.... I couldn't do it. Hahaha you already have an adoptee! LMAO you found a horse! or maybe he found you :winking:

McKenzie - Ooh Arielle is such a pretty name, a girl at my 'barn' has that name too hehe. Do you have any pictures of her?

I pulled Lightning's mane today! :twitch: That is one thing I never thought I would do.. but I did it, or at least started it. I'll finish it tomorrow, or maybe Tuesday LOL, he has quite a lot of it. Riding is jumping around from being great to not so great to 'I want to get off right now' and I can't seem to make it consistent. I'm so not ready for this competition, but we'll give it a whirl anyway.

Lightning is wearing his muzzle now and he is protesting LOL. I let him out and he went and layed down in his favourite spot... until he got too hot and had to move LMAO. He hasn't got the idea that if he actually tries hard enough he can get SOMETHING to eat [ROTFL] He also allows his least favourite horse to get close enough to pull it off his head... sometimes I wonder about that horse.

So yeesh. Ive read everyones updates but its too much to reply to. Sorry!

As for me, Ive had a lot of stress going on with work and what not. Id rather not go all into it again but if anyone is dying to know, there is a big post about it on the Ob Lounge on UDBB.

In a nutshell I was being over worked and under appreciated and taken advantage of. I was getting sick of being stressed all the time and when I had my PERFECT year review, all I got was a 50 cent increase. After researching the job market, I found that my job is in high demand and no one is starting anyone with my experience at less than $3/hr more than what Im making.

So I let my boss know that I had an offer (which I did) to work elsewhere and I dont want to leave but I need X an hour to stay. I kept it very business like and took all personal feelings out of it to keep it professional.

Apparently he didnt like that. He told me I was too ballsy and showed no emotion. I told him that I fought with myself for over 3 weeks on whether or not to being feelings into the situation and at the end of the day, found it better to leave personal feelings at the door as this is a job and its about business.

Then he proceeds to tell me Im only as good as I am b/c he made me that way. [shocked]

Yeh. He def showed his true colors and was unwilling to pay me what I deserved so I resigned on Thursday. I offered them 2 weeks to help them out and he got all nasty and was like NO this is your last day! And his wife kept telling him to back off and calm down. He was SO immature.

Anyways. I went to the dentist that I had the working interview with last week and let her know I had resigned b/c she is very close to my now ex job and felt like she would be taking me away from him. So she looked relived that I had left and I also gave her a Thank You card. She said she will have an answer for me on Monday.

So yeh. Very interesting week. ALL the staff is totally shocked at his reaction and the way he treated me. How quickly he turns. So Im actually happy that I left b/c it was going to be sooner or later that I would leave b/c you can only get so emotionally mentally and physically stressed before you have to take care of yourself.

So for right now, Im unemployed! YAY. NOT. But I get my vacation and sick pay added into this check which is an extra 54 hours so that gives me a little leeway.

Things on the horse front are going great. I know most of you guys saw, but I showed 1:4 last weekend and did pretty decent. Pics are posted on that post.

One of my Mollys has Ich so I have to go to the store and get some meds and start treating the tank. The weather this week has been AWESOME with the Noreaster that came through. It even got down to 59 one night and I got to use my heater in the AM!! Yes anything below 65 is cold down here! LOL But its been mid to high 70s and breezy. Just PERFECT. Today its the mid 80s and warmer but not humid so Im not complaining. FALL IS IN THE AIR!

Anyways, off to the bank and then the fish store. Bye guys!

Just a quick riding update:

Had a lesson on Wednesday and Layla did awesome. My trainer got on not b/c she needed to school her but to get a feel of what she is doing, etc.

She felt what I feel when Layla gets "squirmy" and her shoulders go one way, neck the other, haunches a totally different way, and I struggle to keep her between my aids.

So trainer got her there and had this AMAZING trot and canter going on. So I get back on and recreate what she had. Wow. It was great. She was going to my hand and I was able to apply half halts and get her to sit and I felt like I had a little mini WB under me! LOL

So I trail rode around my girlfriends neighborhood on Friday and I rode at home today. After a nice warm up, totally on the buckle, riding strictly from seat and leg, I picked up the reins, expecting to have a quiet "discussion" about taking my hand and working into it.

NOPE. She went right to my hand, responded to my half halts, and was giving me that lofty trot right off the bat. We did that in canter as well. After that we worked on walk canter walk and really getting her to SIT down into the walk. She did awesome and was so UP. I felt like I had my old 7 y/o jumper back. She was so under herself and moving so well. It was a great ride.

I find out tomorrow if I get the job at the other office. Good thoughts please!

Edited by KrazyTBMare

Good luck Shantel! Let us know if you get it! Sounds like an awesome ride too!

Lightning- Did ya get your driver's license then?

McKenzie- We've missed you! Glad to hear the mare is working out so well for you! That's terrific!

Thanks to all you commented on Scotch's show pics :)

Had a scare...lame ponyboy...I wrote about it in the pic thread a bit. He now is better and back to work. Cross your fingers that he will STAY sound! Regionals is quickly approaching!

I can't believe how busy I really am....This week was Dressage at Devon...and I was hired as groom for a couple of the breed classes. Oh man I was whipped...please note I still went to classes too! haha! Work has been busy...have a couple of newbies to train..as the new store is opening in just a few weeks!!! Also watched the freestyle last night...fun for the most part minus the down pouring of rain that sparodically occured. Ponyboy got a new lite weight today and I found a custom made Albion girth for my (albion)saddle! It's a 22 too! Just his size though he probably would fit a bit better in a 20. Not much else is going on.....housesitting for the week!

It has been a bit crazy here. I had some trainer drama lately.So I haven't been able to have a lesson lately.Which sucks because my horse is doing very well and I am kinda scared to ask for more stuff and srewing things up. Actually I am just a bit over excited so I overthink everything. We have our first horse trial in a couple of weeks. The dressage is just Intro B. So nothing terribly challenging. Cheese is starting to accept the bit more at the trot. However as soon as she puts her head vertical and rounds her body more she uses the backend to extend more.

Took her to a hunt show but didn't place. However she was on the bit 75%of the time. Big deal in the ring we were in. We did gymkhana there for 12 years. So we hit the ring and she think she is going to run.I so had issues with the one line of fences. I kept asking her to jump too early. She must have thought I was an idiot.She saved my butt everytime.

I finally got a dressage saddle. So hopefully that helps my position a little bit more.

Well I haven't been on here much either. Just soooo very busy, moving this summer, getting settled, starting a new job, getting my kid started at a new school, getting my truck stolen right out of the high school parking lot last week! [shocked] In broad daylight mind you. They found it that night, I have Lo Jack on it. They had taken the back seat out and used it to haul illegals. That's the only damage. So it's in the shop right now getting fixed and completely gone through.

I had a show yesterday so had to use hubby's truck which is not wired for my trailer. He followed me in the rental truck and we were only 15 min. from the show grounds. It was a schooling show and Beau was awesome. He worked fine, but we had no impulsion, so not very good scores. No impulsion cause the footing was really, really, really deep. You could feel your horse getting drug down by it. Nobody had very good scores and everyone complained about the footing. I think they need to reverse the warm up ring and the dressage ring for their next show. We were very nice and forward in the warm up ring with not so deep footing. The judge told me at the end of my 2nd test, "Very Nice Horse". She told the scribe, who told me later, that Beau has all the talent and ability to do upper level moves, especially passage. Only problem with him is getting him there mentally and me as his rider! The place was really nice, in spite of the deep footing and I was very proud of how calm Beau was for a change. A lot of it was the B-kalm I gave him, but I think a lot of it is he is back home with me now and I am his sole caretaker. I never had have the problems I had with him when I was boarding, when I had him at home before. So hopefully a lot of our tense issues will start to really go away now.

Luvhorses, I would love to see pics of you and your new horse. Do you have pics from your shows? Congratulations on a job well done with a new horse. Sounds like you have met your horse sole mate!!! [Yay]

Edited by Boocoo

Hmmmm. Interesting developments here. A couple friends who are both getting out of long term relationships are going to end up with their houses as part of the settlements. The short version -- I have an opportunity to rent a house including utilities for what I pay in rent now for my aparment. I'd be able to take the doggies with me, and they'd have a yard to play in. Also, no need to pay for laundry. SO, I'm thinking I need to see how expensive it would be to break my lease. Too bad I didn't know this was going to be possible earlier -- I just signed a new 12 mo lease last month. Hmmm. I wonder if I offered to make up the difference for a month to month arrangement and forfeited the deposit... I really need to go look at my lease. I'd be closer to both school AND the barn in the house too. And it's near the bus line, so I could save on gas (free bus transport with student id!).

SO, I think it is time to make time in my schedule for cleaning and organizing. Just in case! Worst case scenario is that I have my apartment cleaned and organized. Once I get the chaos under control, it should be easier to keep the apartment tidy. I might actually invite some people over to visit that way...

Tracy

I spoke with the apartment managers this morning. I offered to pay the difference between the month-to-month rate and the rent I already paid for the apartment for Sept and for Oct. They are letting me do that and not adding an extra charge for breaking the lease. So I gave my 30 days notice and will be out by Oct. 31. This gives me time to move in stages, since I'll be able to start moving into the house mid month.

I think this will work well. I'll pay a bit more this month, but over time I'll be better off financially. And I can see staying in the house for a few years. I rather like the idea of a space that feels more my own without the maintenance hassles of home ownership. :) And the doggies will like having a yard to play in!

Now to start culling through all my extra stuff! I see some trips to Goodwill and to the dumpster in my future! :D Note to self -- make sure to unpack *completely* at the new place. It's easier to keep the place clean if I'm not dodging unpacked boxes all the time.

Tracy

I spoke with the apartment managers this morning. I offered to pay the difference between the month-to-month rate and the rent I already paid for the apartment for Sept and for Oct. They are letting me do that and not adding an extra charge for breaking the lease. So I gave my 30 days notice and will be out by Oct. 31. This gives me time to move in stages, since I'll be able to start moving into the house mid month.

I think this will work well. I'll pay a bit more this month, but over time I'll be better off financially. And I can see staying in the house for a few years. I rather like the idea of a space that feels more my own without the maintenance hassles of home ownership. :) And the doggies will like having a yard to play in!

Now to start culling through all my extra stuff! I see some trips to Goodwill and to the dumpster in my future! :D Note to self -- make sure to unpack *completely* at the new place. It's easier to keep the place clean if I'm not dodging unpacked boxes all the time.

Tracy

Congrats. Not all managers would be so nice. I am sure the dogs will love having a yard to play in.

OMG, I think I just received one of the biggest compliments of my life.

My sister's dressage college team is coached by a Grand Prix rider who was at the show I was at this weekend. We struck up some conversation, and he was super friendly and watched me ride my musical (along with the whole show- we were dinner time entertainment).

Anyway, he asked my sister today who made my musical, and when my sister replied that I did, he wondered if I would make one for him!!!!! A grand prix musical!!

It probably won't turn out to anything, but I am very very pleased.

Boo for bad rides. *le sigh*

Good news is that everything is going well in the dressage saddle. In fact, I'm LOVING dressage lessons. Jumping lessons aren't fine. It when I flat in the CC all by myself that we tend to get into trouble. I don't even want to get into it haha.

The Pony is good. Fat, happy, spoiled, and far, far, far talented than I expected, or even my trainer expected.

College search sucks. My brain is fried. I've got more bad grades in the first MONTH of senior year than in all four years. Another "Boo" to that.

I don't know where I am going with this post. See you guys soon? I'll try to catch up. I read a little bit and skimmed the rest.

Hang in there Dobby! Things will get better. Good luck on the college search. If it makes you feel any better...when I was a Senior (wow it's been almost 5 years!) I didn't send in my applications till April. LOL still got in all that I applied to. Just go and look. Have you found anything you like? Think you'll stay in state or out?

Well the packing has started for Regionals. I have my first lesson in over a month plus tomorrow. Ponyboy has been staying sound...except today he felt a wee bit funky here and there. *sigh* Hoping its just from having 3 days off... We leave Thursday afternoon and we'll be there till Sunday. Championship class is Sunday AM...wouldn't it be cool if we made it in the top 5...I'd take top 10 too!

OH something even a bit more exciting!

My brothers are FINALLY coming home for a bit!! My one brother's tour in Iraq is done and they are sending him HOME! and my other brother is flying in from Prague on Saturday! I'm so excited! And they are coming to watch me on Sunday! Definately hope they get to see the ponyboy get a ribbon! :)

Wellll . . . some bad news. Riley has done something to his stifle. He's much better now, but on thursday he was in pretty bad shape- very lame at the walk. With some bute and banamine, and a few days of stall rest, and now little paddock rest, he's just a bit off at the trot. So I'm not sure if we can make BLMs. I'm really upset. Maybe he can pull it out, but we needed this training time to stregnthen. At BEST case, I might be able to hop on him on Friday if he comes sound.

Ugh.

Better news, I sold Remmy! He's two miles away, to a really sweet girl and a trainer I know, who is ok, but very rich, so he'll be living the pampered life which he'll love.

I'm so sorry to hear about Riley! Hopefully he recovers quickly. What a drag!

The barn owner has made some serious attempts to resolve the complaints about life around the barn, so I'm giving that a chance to work. Trainer "X" is gone, so I no longer fear for my safety when riding if I can't ride alone. And the other trainer has taken over day to day management, so I trust the horses are being fed and watered appropriately.

I feel kind of silly admitting this, but I've been enjoying clicking on dragons and dragon eggs in some of the signatures. So I finally got a dragon egg for myself. Please click on it so that it has a chance to hatch. :) Yep, silly me!

Tracy

KTS-I have my fingers crossed for you and Riley

TracyA=Welcome to dragon geekdom.LOL. You shoukd check out the thread on the GCC board.

A stall has opened up at my trainer's barn.It is closer to my house. So I am thinking about moving Cheese. I am kind of on ther fence .I really like where I am at. They take wonderful care of Cheese. however there is no indoor. They were suppose to be building an indoor but it seems now it will be a covered outdoor.

Our firat horse trial is this weekend. Super excited. I signed up for the lowest possible division. Cheese's canter still needs work. It sucks because out trot is so much better after the canter. Oh well there is one more in Nov. I may do. WE'll see hpw this one goes.

Oops! I checked my syllabus yesterday for my seminar class. Thank goodness! I thought the outline for the 25+ page paper was due next week. Nope! It's due today! Thankfully, I have some time during the day to organize my thoughts and get things together. Note to self -- put the deadlines on the calandar, and LOOK at the calandar regularly.

Now, I just need to confirm the due date for the first draft. Oh yes, and get stuff organized and culled so I can move by the end of the month. And keep up on reading for my other classes, and keep working part time, and get ready for the show coming up in a couple of weeks...

Yep, I'm busy right now!

Tracy

Still busy... The move should be done by tonight, but I'll still need a bit more time to get my stuff organized. I suspect that a lot of stuff in my bedroom and in the office will end up going into storage. The unit is only a couple miles away, so I can hop in the car to get anything I REALLY want. Between moving and car trouble, I haven't seen Fessor in over a week. Poor boy! I hate neglecting him! I'll be able to make it out for awhile tomorrow, IF I have my car back.

Work and classes are going fine. And I think the move is going to work out well. My roommates are easy to get along with, and the doggies like the extra attention and the yard for playing in. Once I get the draft of my paper started, things should settle down a bit. Hopefully.

Not too much to report from here. I just thought I'd hop on and say hello. :)

Tracy