soicanhelp

Are You Searching For Old Race (win) Photos Of Your Tb, Arab, Qh?

Hi,

In case you have an OTTB, or a QH or even some recent Arabians/Paints who raced, and are interested in eventually finding a winner's circle photo for your horse, I might be able to help.

I would need the registered name of your horse and with that I can determine whether or not he/she raced and won. IF indeed your horse won at some point in the past, then there may be a winner's circle photo out there that you would be delighted to have.

This would most likely involve taking the free info that I match to your horse, and then seeking the "track photographer" who might still have the ability to make a print for you.

If you happen to have some key elements of the pedigree of your horse, but not the registered name, there is a chance that I can take the info that you have and at least narrow down the possibilities.

Much of your success rate for the photos will depend on the age of your horse at present. If your off-the-track Thoroughbred is aged 10 or less, AND if s/he ever won a race, it should be very likely that you will be able to purchase a photo (from the track photographer at the track where your horse won) after a short while*.

(*meaning: once you give me the registered name/info/year of birth if you know it... AND once I respond with the dates/tracks where your horse won, AND after you contact the track photographer with that info)

My e-mail address is soicanhelp@yahoo.com... and I will attempt to check back with this thread periodically to see if anyone has responded with info here.

In order for people to be assisted in this way, this thread NEEDS TO STAY HERE AT Horse City.

I'm just trying to help young people with new pleasure horses get a little memento from their horse's past. Is there anything so wrong with doing that for no charge???

Edited by soicanhelp

FYI your posts probably haven't disappeared permanently. There's just lots, and lots, and lots of data to be transferred to the new system, and I don't believe they've finished doing that yet. :)

curious about any info you might find about an AQHA mare named Lady Bugs Lodi. She was by Lady Bugs Moon and I'm told she was a AAA mare.

The only information I could find about a Lady Bugs Lodi was of a

foal of 1975 who was bred in Oklahoma.

Unfortunately my data doesn't go back far enough to have any additional

data on that horse.

Should I guess that your horse is a newer model?

If so, then it just isn't in my database.

Sorry!

(geez, it took me months to get back here)

Does anybody else need info about a OTTB and how and from where to obtain

winner's circle photos?

(I'll probably be more attentive to this board in the near future)

do you have any information on a six year odl bay mare named You Could Run fast?

Hi, I checked various breeds since you didn't mention one, and I checked various spellings and I wasn't able to locate any information for you.

Sorry.

Montocco, chestnut mare TB

Wind of Rythym, bay mare TB

both owned and trained by Martin Colligan. Raced in the 1980's, mostly in the NW.

Edited by Megs

El Hisan Pasha, Arab, foaled 1996 near Spokane, Washington. Just want to know whether he was raced in order to keep an eye his soundness as he ages. He is Egyptian with some strong Russian racing blood.

No data on El Hisan Pasha, so I don't think he raced.

As for the thoroughbreds:

Montocco won just 1 of 48 starts, that at Salem, Oregon on October 5, 1985.

Wind of Rhythm won 2 of 26 starts, both at Playfair, Washington, August 24, 1985 and Sept. 20, 1985.

Those photos would be very, very tough to come by so many years later when both tracks are gone now.

Thanks, that is good to know although I have nothing against off the track horses. They just seem to have different health concerns than the average pleasure horse from what I saw in my feed leases and other off track horses in my years near San Luis Rey.

ETA: How about Irish Terrorist? He was a feed lease for me some years ago. Thoroughbred. Barn name Tango.

Edited by MondaesMom

Do you have any info on Diamond Dale? He is a chestnut thoroughbred gelding, and I thinkkk he's around 23 years old so that puts his birthday in '85? I think he is a St. Patricks day baby.

Hi,

in order:

I can find no hint of a Thoroughbred named Irish Terrorist having raced

As for Diamond Dale, he did NOT race, but indeed he was foaled in 1985

by Black Hood, out of Anita Win, by Promulgation

Black Hood

Diamond Dale

Promulgation

Anita Win

Tudor Pasha

Pashalita

Now as for A Royal Dash

He won 1 out of 8 starts and that happened at Mount Pleasant Meadows, (Michigan, I think)

on July 31, 2004.

He was foaled in April of 2002 in Missouri and trained by someone named Donald J. Evans

Finally, I cannot access Standardbred information.

How about Culotche Bay, 1990 TB mare. Cannon Dancer X Pocket the Money.

Hi, here are the latest three results:

Culotoche Bay has 3 wins:

April 15, 1993 at Oaklawn Park, Arkansas

Feb. 13, 1994 at Oaklawn Park (this one should provide the best photo)

October 7, 1994 at Turfway Park, Kentucky

Tree Shaker raced only 4 times and did not win a race:

There is one smaaaaaaaaaall chance of obtaining a photo with just a glimpse of him racing.

He was 2nd behind a winner named Private American on July 1, 2004 at Lone Star Park, Texas.

I'm not even certain at all that he might show up in the "action" photo for that other horse, and it would be a gamble to buy that photo and hope that he did. I'm quite sure his name would be on the picture, as the runner-up in the race. It is the only hope of finding something with him racing.

Well, actually, there are race replays on the internet at racereplays.com. You'd want the "4th race from Lone Star Park, Texas on July 1, 2004. If you can watch it, you'd see him, likely wearing saddlecloth number 3 in that race.

As for Cane River Wynner, 3 career wins for him as well:

May 15, 2004 at Louisiana Downs

Sept. 18, 2004 at Louisiana Downs

Dec. 12, 2004 at The Fairgrounds, Louisiana (www.fgno.com, I think)

Either of the last 2 races should provide the very best picture, as he should be pictured all by himself and definitely unobstructed by other horses in the action picture.

Do you think you could find any info on a 1998 bay Thoroughbred gelding named Fate's Destiny?

Thanks =]

Hello,

Unfortunately Fate's Destiny did not win any races.

Fate's Destiny raced three times, all in 2000 at Calder, Florida.

He finished 7th, 6th, and 7th

On August 22, October 2, and October 20.

I am sorry that I can't help you out.

You should be able to get a huge pedigree for your horse on

pedigreequery.com

In case you don't know the immediate pedigree:

Fates Destiny by Future Storm, who is by Storm Cat

out of Silver Doe, who is by Silver Buck

foaled in Florida on April 21, 1998

Would you be able to find out anything about a sorrel TB. Registered name is Monorail.

Or Midnight Train. A black Appendix QH. Foaled in 1995.

Edited by CongoBlue