mock2farms

Maybe Baby?

Thank you so much!! That is much, much better! [Huggy]

That is the mostest pregnant looking mare I have ever seen in me lifetime. [Yay]

There! NOW are you getting your hopes up?? ha ha! [ROTFL]

Edited by ChaunceyBlue

Thank you so much!! That is much, much better! [Huggy]

That is the mostest pregnant looking mare I have ever seen in me lifetime. [Yay]

There! NOW are you getting your hopes up?? ha ha! [ROTFL]

NOW NOW.. Thats just NOT nice! lol

Maybe..

Okay YES! I HAVE MY HOPES UP!

Im glad Im not blinding anyone now btw..:-P

Awwwww, can't wait to see the little bitty baby! Are the previous owners going to work with ya on the registration? They should!

o'baby here we come. the way i see it you got 2 for the price of one. i just hope she dosen't have trouble haveing that baby. i got to see those baby pic's to. oh happy dayspretty mare

O: Woah she's a big pretty girl!

Hope she gives you that Buckskin filly!

Fluff forelock. Thats too cute!

I think Im going to call the vet back today and see what my options are. They aren't good about dealing with miniatures but I need to know!

She is an experienced foaler and has always had the babies within 10-15 minutes with no problems according her previous owner. Which is good to know being shes only 28.5-29". It can get scary with these tiny mares.

She is still bagged up today and has the clearish liquid. It hasn't turned white and still isn't FULL.

Keep us posted - this is the first thread I go to to see if the baby has arrived! Hope everything goes smoothly.

So, is she what you would call a 'toy' miniature??

I am most certain that she is pregnant. Did the previous owners give you any idea as to when she was bred? Or exposed to a stallion? Do they have any idea at all??

Most mares (big mares anyways) start making a bag anywheres from a month to two weeks before they foal. But, that is just an average estimate as each and every mare can be SOOO different. That might give you a little bit to go on anyways... especially if the previous owners kept track of that stuff. Ask them if they kept a record of when she usually started bagging, how long she carried each foal, how long from when she started bagging till she foaled.... etc.

Hopefully youll get some more answers.

Keeping fingers crossed for you! And I also come to this thread for updates often... so keep on updating, ok?? Looking forward to seeing this baby. Good luck!!

[smiley Wavey] [Huggy]

She is just a regular miniature! lol Our little Stallion is 26.5" and perfectly conformed.

Still no baby today though guys. She still has a bag. THey have no idea when she was bred sooo not much help there!

Thanks for watchin and Ill keep yall updated!

I've been watching this thread, and we had the same thing happen to us. We bought a pony mare to keep our horse company... we had her for maybe four months. When I noticed her bag one day.. the vet came and palpated and said we had 4-6 weeks. Five weeks later she foaled.

From the pics I would definitely say that she is preggo! I was out checking her milk color and consistency every couple hours I got to be so obsessed. When her milk finally turned definitely white and colostrum like, she still waited a full 48 hours to foal. lol Good luck, try not to go crazy waiting like I did!

I have been thinking that she may be a little further off then what we first though. Im still not convinced theres a baby in there! lol

If there is one I think its going to be another 2-4 weeks.. We shall see though!

Just checking in to see how the pretty little round mare is doing! [bat Eyelashes]

We had a mare that with a wk of a foal being born she would produce milk and then steal the foal away from its mother it was quite annoying. where we use to keep her the owner of the barn would put weanlings out with her but since she could produce the milk herself the foals would suckle her. took a while for us to figure out why the foals werent weaned. Unfortunately she never did get to carry a foal to term. Something always happened and she would lose it. Which sucks cause she was an awesome mare aside from the foal stealing part lol. we lost her last yr to cancer. So yes they can produce milk without being pregnant. But your little mare deffinately looks pregnant

Edited by Naphira

OoooooOO... saw that this had been bumped up, and I was thinking she must have had her baby!! Bummer!!

Maybe she has forgotten all about us, and we'll never know... and we'll have to die of curiosity... oh my! *Sigh*

Just checkin to see if there is a baby yet, I keep trying to find this post to see what is going on. Best of luck, keep us posted!

Me THREE! I'm just dying to know if she ever had a baby!

PLEASE don't forget about us!! Pretty please??? We don't bite... honest! [Huggy]

Sorry guys! I havent had internet at home.

Still NO baby!! I swear this little mare looks like she is going to pop but now I think Im crazy and shes just fat! LOL

I will be sure to post if she does end up having one.

Thanks for watching everyone!

Hhhmmm... I'm not so sure what to think now. [Question]

I went back and watched the video you posted on the first page. I SWEAR that is baby movement. In the first pictures you posted, she appeared to have a 'V' shaped belly. And then you posted a pic of what she normally looks like, and I was like... WOW! If that is what she looks like normally, then she HAS to be pregnant. Of course, a lot of that is based on how old the non-pregnant picture of her is. If that is her as a yearling or two year old, then she might look different now non-pregnant.

But, I was mostly basing my 'preggo' decision on her udder, her 'V' shaped belly, and the kicking movements in the video. All that equals preggo to me.

But NOW... I'm just not sure. Now she seems to have lost that 'V'... she appears just fat, now. She looks like she's equally fat on both sides... which, IS POSSIBLE in a pregnant mare, but usually not. Usually if you stand directly behind them... ONE side will stick out further than the other side. This is usually the side that most of the baby is on.

Does she still have an udder? I guess that is the most important question right now. What's up with her udder?

If she never foaled... she could have A) lost her baby, or B) had a false pregnancy.

May we please have pictures of her udder, AND another video??

Best wishes... [Huggy]

She still has a small udder and I can still express liquid from it. I will try and get some pictures tonight and put them on tomorrow sometime.

She is deffinately very round now and not as V'd like you said.

She has had foals before and according to her previous owner never bags up unless shes going to foal?? That picture isn't very old I believe less than a year.

Thanks!

I still think she looks pregnant. We often have our mares fool us on who is going to deliver first, but have always been able to tell when a mare caught or not. LOL your mare seems to be the exception. Did you ever get an ultrasound done on her? It could answer all your questions.

Dianne

She looks preggo preggers to me! [Jump]

And the way she's sniffing the ground like that usu means I'm getting ready to lay down and do something, but then you say those last pics posted are less than a year old, so that would mean that she got bred right in her foal heat? I think it takes like 11 months for gestation, right? It's been a LONG time since we've foaled a baby, only done 2, one our own, and one we only got to witness, a friend's mare that we babysat while she was at work and was scared the mare would need some help and no one would be there, so we brought our cots, and everything and slept in her barn that night, LOL!

Hmmm, an ultrasound would def answer lots of questions, but they are expensive, and there's really no point unless you are worried about baby's size and the mama's trouble having it...

Where we just moved from boarding Jessie at, the lady has a real pretty paint donkey that LOOKS so darn pregnant, but she never foaled, it's weird too, cause she just looks so HUGE, and carries low, like you would a baby, but she hasn't had a baby yet, and this is a year later of Julie owning her, I might have had her ultrasounded by now just to find out if there's a stillborn in there, but I guess once you find that out, you'd have to put the donkey down, and she just doesn't believe in that sort of thing, more of a let nature take it's course kinda person!