Sign in to follow this  
Tazzin

Pictures From Youth Nationals

He's looking really good! Like he's starting to hold his weight a little better, middle age approaching maybe?

Good luck to Katy and Psaint. Are any of their classes in an outdoor arena? Katy may regret wishing for rain!

BTW, have you checked to see whether the trailer tires have a recall notice out? This is starting to sound a little strange unless there is a manufacturer defect?

Mondaes Mom, the trailer is almost 4 years old. Those tires have been exposed for almost 4 years and had a hard haul this time last year. Some people say you should replace every 2 years!!

Yes, he is holding weight better. He loses and gains quickly. He didn't eat well during the overnight in Kingman, so I gave him Probios the next day and stuffed his haybag and he ate most of it. He's been eating everything in sight since we got here, and is getting a flake of pure alfalfa and a flake of grass now, so is looking nice and round. The 2 days off after the trip were just right for him to recover. He's getting electrolytes too, he still loves them and I think they stimulate his appetite.

Both her classes are indoors, thank goodness!!

Okay, this is from schooling in the Tingley Colisium today. One of her classes will be in here and one will be in the "Horse Arena"

You can tell that schooling in there is pretty crazy!! There was a huge 1/2 Arabian Native Costume horse in there whose feet hit the ground so hard it spooked other horses!!

I am going to be sure to watch the English and Park classes. Youth are entered on some of the best horses in the world that have been shown by trainers only!! This is going to be a Youth Nationals to remember in the English divisions!!

Katy has been saving up for this jacket all year. It is the coveted Youth Nationals jacket. National Champions are given one if their class is sponsored. Katy has wanted one since she first saw one in 2005. They are NOT cheap. She had to bodyclip 5 horses to pay for this.

The front

100_2226.jpg

The back

100_2228.jpg

Should we be lucky enough to earn a title here, that will be embroidered on there too. [smiley Wavey]

He's looking great. I always hated schooling horses in that arena. It's just so small and tight feeling. I guess I'm a bit claustraphobic.

Tomorrows the big day. Tell Katy to stay calm and just ride her ride. She's got a great horse under her, and they are going to do awesome.

Beautiful jacket! Best of luck tomorrow, Katy will do great!

Just wanted to wish Katy and Psaint good luck today!

Tazzin I have come to the conclusion that you need to hire an assistant. Someone who does nothing but take pics and videos and carries a computer with them to update us oh every 30 minutes or so. [ROTFL]

go TEAM!!!!! good luck Katy. not that you guys need it or anything. you rock.

nice jacket too. can't wait to see it with the embroidery.

I can't wait to hear how you guys are doing!!!! I'm sure its GREAT!!! Gooooo Team Psaint!

I can't wait to hear how you guys are doing!!!! I'm sure its GREAT!!! Gooooo Team Psaint!

Big ditto! [Jump]

Just wanted to wish Katy and Psaint good luck today!

Tazzin I have come to the conclusion that you need to hire an assistant. Someone who does nothing but take pics and videos and carries a computer with them to update us oh every 30 minutes or so. [ROTFL]

Ya know Tazzin... I am looking for another job, and I think I'm qualified for this one.

I don't know what to say....

they didn't make the first cut [Me Cry]

A horse that danced and cantered in place when they were supposed to be walking DID make the cut. How can we compete with that?!?!?! [Question] He was as nice as any of them out there. Actually better than some. The only thing we saw was he moved his head some during one canter. The judges picked 8 out of 20. One judge kept turning away from him, almost on purpose as if that judge did NOT want to see him!! [bang Head]

So no more chances at Junior To Ride. One more chance tomorrow in Junior Owner To Ride. If she doesn't make that, I don't know what to say. [Me Cry]

This isn't right. They've worked too hard, for too long. [Me Cry] What are we doing wrong?

[Me Cry] [Me Cry] [Me Cry] [Huggy] [Huggy]

Call me if you need to!!! I've got my cell!!!! I know how upseting this is for you.

Edited by JrRodeoMom

You'll never know.

I made my AQHA show debut two weeks ago. Double judge. First judge placed me 2nd to last. Second judge placed me second. Second class first just didn't place me, second judge placed me 3rd. They both saw the same ride.

I talked with a judge at a show about a month ago who said he went to watch the halter class at QH Congress one year. Four judges. Keep in mind this is halter, one would think the judging would be decently consistent - nope. Horse would win on one judges card and not even make it onto another's card. And it's halter, it's not like the judge just missed the horse bucking or something.

So you'll never know, all you can say is that you went in there that day and gave the horse the best possible ride, you paid for the opinion of those judges on that day, and they had different opinions.

Judges decisions are sometimes one of the great mysteries of the world.

[Huggy] [Huggy] [Huggy]

How disapointing... I'm so sorry, sometimes it just seems so unfair.

Have they published cards yet? Maybe you can get an idea of who's looking for what. Which judge wouldn't look at you?

Don't fret too much Tazzin [Huggy] . It sucks but it's horse showing. I remember one of my last shows of the season and I was trying to get my final points toward Hall Of Fame on my gelding. He was perfect. Our class was the best we've ever shown. And we didn't place as high as we should have. Horses that looked HORRIBLE placed over him. I went and talked to the judges to see where we went wrong. Not one of them could really tell me. So I knew I fell into the political trap of showing.

Her next class is a fresh slate. So hopefully the judges will change their tune by then. Best of luck to Katy and Psaint. And just remember for her and him to even be there competing against the horses they are is an accomplishment on its own.

You really can't tell from this, but it's while the gate is still open and more are entering. He never once bobbled. Everything was smooth, leads were correct and as you CAN see, the trot is round and balanced. His canter was smooth and cadenced as was the hand gallop. His walk was honest and forward....

The only answer I have for today is judge's preference. I did notice one horse that made it was one of the biggest purebreds I've ever seen. It looked like a warmblood [Question]

I just recentely had an experience like that at a show. It sucks...

I'm really hoping that everything works out for Katy and Psaint in their next class. If it doesn't work out as planned, don't worry, no matter how dissapointing it is. As long as Katy knows that she an Psaint were the best pair out there, that's all that matters.