Sign in to follow this  
Tazzin

Pictures From Youth Nationals

How disapointing... I'm so sorry, sometimes it just seems so unfair.

Have they published cards yet? Maybe you can get an idea of who's looking for what. Which judge wouldn't look at you?

First off, come on down if you want to be our photographer/updater!! [smiley Wavey]

It's Pam Z, who loved him as a 4 year old stallion and placed him first at Region I in 2006 before he got injured.... She sure didn't want to see him today [Me Cry] It hurts, a LOT, to have a judge purposefully turn away from your horse. Cards were not up 1/2 hour ago.

I don't think it's political. I really don't.

The other girl with us, on her 1/2 Arabian, Opie, DID make her cut today :yahoo:

Boy you sure can't fault him there. He really is the picture of perfection. There's no reason he shouldn't get noticed. He's a wonderful mover, round and correct, and has plenty of pressence.

My guess would be a combination of politics and just too many really good horses for them all to go forward.

Tazzin,

I feel for you and your team so much! Don't forget how amazing it is for you guys to even be at Nationals - something a lot of people only dream of. And a good ride is still a good ride to his support group - you've got plenty to be proud of!

From my experiences, 14-17 is a killer division. Katy & Psaint get a lot of credit for even qualifying. You may even have more luck in JOTR than JTR, what with the lesser amount of competitors who actually own the horses.

Be proud! You've put a lot of work into this and win, lose, or draw, it's still a memory to last a lifetime for Katy! :D

I'm sorry they didn't make the cut today. Somedays you lose when you shouldn't and some days you win when you should have lost. I hope the next class goes better for you guys. [Huggy]

Awww Tazzin - I'm sorry! [Huggy] Unfortunately, that's part of competing in a sport that's judged subjectively. It's just a bummer!

It sounds like Katy and Psaint both performed wonderfully and you just have to take pride in that fact! [Huggy]

Good thoughts that things go better in their next class!

Buddy remember that talk we had a long time ago?

About cake and icing? When you are showing.No matter what you are showing. You go to have fun first.Then to learn. If you happen to get icing on the cake.It does make it better. But the cake is always good plain also.

[Huggy]

Buddy remember that talk we had a long time ago?

About cake and icing? When you are showing.No matter what you are showing. You go to have fun first.Then to learn. If you happen to get icing on the cake.It does make it better. But the cake is always good plain also.

[Huggy]

I do remember, Tuck. More than you would think I do. Your words come to me often...

I deleted the rest of what I said. I don't want bad karma to come back and bite me in the ***. [surrender]

[Huggy] [Huggy]

I know how much you gave up and the sacrifices you made!! Hopfully, tomorrow will end on a different note.

Heck, I had a judge place me under a girl where her horse flat out galloped, bucked, she lost her cowboy hat and quit riding and asked the judge to pick up her hat for her!! [Crazy] And it was a western pleasure class!!! I was flabbergasted that she didn't get excused from the ring, but no, she WON the class...I had a great ride in it too!

So...you just never know. I like whomever phrased it, whatever goes on in a judge's head is one of the great mysteries of life...I had a good giggle at that one. Don't let it get you down though, please? [Huggy]

Judging in the horse show world consistently leaves with me a "Huh?" look on my face.

As a rider or team member, one has to have thick skin, be able to take rejection and swallow the injustices in order to survive.

Who knows what's on a judge's mind that influences their decisions!?

Just wanted to add some [Huggy] [Huggy]

Sometimes the ride itself is much better than the destination. You guys have had a wonderful ride and one that will always be remembered, not just by you, but by all of us. I consider that the trophy.

[Huggy]

I'm sorry, Tazzin! [Huggy]

Perhaps the judge that kept turning away needs his cranium extracted from his rectum? I specialize in such things, though my technique is somewhat harsh.

[Huggy] Sorry Tazzin. Like others have said, it's hard to know what is going on in the judges head at that time.

Good luck on the next class!

LongingToRun- I couldn't have said it better myself. [Not Worthy]

Tazzin- Today is another day. We are all here cheering you guys on. You have a great kid, a great horse, and a great trainer. You can be VERY proud.

My computer has FINALLY decided that the new HC format isn't going to kill it and I can actually navigate the site without locking up!!!! [Yay]

I have been thinking of the Team all week and must say this is not the result I was expecting to find.

But you haven't messed up ANYTHING.

Horse is fit, turned out to a T, and in my never-to-be-humble opinion is absolutely World Class.

Sucks that they didn't make the cut. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. But it ISN'T that something is missing in the package, it's just one of the joys of showing horses.

If I could be a bug in Katy's ear I would be telling her to walk into this next class like it is HERS already. RIDE that horse, ride the **** out of him, ask him for EVERYTHING he can give brilliance-wise without blowing his mind. No guts no glory.

And if it doesn't work? Well, crap. Maybe next time.

I'm so sorry Tazzin. [Huggy]

Anxiously awaiting more news.

Give Psaint a smack on the butt and a carrot for me, K?

[Huggy] [Huggy] [Huggy]

I don't really know what to say 'cept.. [Huggy] 's for you and Katy. How could anyone not look at something as sexy as Psaint? Tell Ms. Katy not let it get her down, her day will come.

Hey Tazzin,

keep your chin up....we fall so we can get back up.

Phurgus is right, tell Katy to ride like she owns the place!

[Huggy]

So do we know approximately when the daring duo go today?

I expect JrRodeoMom to have her finger on the pulse of this one and get the scoop immediately. [bat Eyelashes]

I'm really nervous for the whole team. Is that crazy or what?

So do we know approximately when the daring duo go today?

Someone I know is also competing in this, so I got this info from them. The class is slated for Monday afternoon in the Horse Arena. Classes there start at 1:00 PM. The only class ahead of the Arabian Hunter Pleasure cuts is the Finals for Half Arabian Ladies Western Sidesaddle.

So, in short - fairly soon, I should imagine!

Edited by Dreamin'

If I could be a bug in Katy's ear I would be telling her to walk into this next class like it is HERS already. RIDE that horse, ride the **** out of him, ask him for EVERYTHING he can give brilliance-wise without blowing his mind. No guts no glory.

Oh my God, Phurgus, you just gave me goosebumps.

I'm hoping that everything went well for Katy and Tazzin today. [Angel]

[Me Cry] [Huggy] I'm so sorry Tazzin. PSaint and Katy are a great team.

I f this judge like PSaint as a stallion, maye she's upset that he was gelded and avoided him due to that?!?!?!?

Only thing I can think of besides alien pod judges.

Anyhow give yourself, Katy and PSaint lots of [Huggy] [Huggy] [Huggy] .

ok so i see int he title that they made the cut? does that mean today? and where is the update? i am cornfused! [Question]

hang on for pics and video..... [ROTFL]

I just got off the phone with Tazzin-She didn't even say hello. She just said, "I'm updating, I'm updating." [ROTFL]

Edited by JrRodeoMom

I breathed a sigh of relief today. There are different judging panels for the two different classes. She made the number IV cut today, and will go on to the A-B-C cut on Thursday. If she hadn't have made at least one cut, I think I would have just broken down and cried buckets!!

Psaint was a Saint. He's doing so well. Absolutely no issues, even in a crowded arena. She got seen, without being rude or pushy, using the arena well.

From the halt (and backup) to the final trot

She made her exit trot by the photographer, then somehow dropped her crop, probably petting her horse, LOL! When she hopped off and walked back in, I thought he had maybe thrown a shoe [shocked]

I see I will have to pin on her shirt collar!! I know the coat looks loud, but in the dark arena it was exactly what we thought it would be, a standout coat, but not loud or gaudy. We were trying to make her look different, since she is riding a bay and there are LOTS of bay horses. She didn't wear it in the more brightly lit colisium. Also, one of the judges on this panel is local to us, and we know she likes blue. Along with the coat, she had blue "bling" in her hair bun and blue eyeshadow.

100_2240.jpg

100_2243.jpg

After the class, a thunderstorm moved in quickly and was trying to tear off our curtain frames. we improvised holding them in place!! We were holding them with our hands, but the blowing dust was going to injure our eyes!! Luckily the horses in their stalls were spared the blowing dust and dirt.

The curtain front brace...

100_2245.jpg

And the golf cart ramp tied to the inside frame.

100_2244.jpg

We're going to dinner, and hopefully to bed early. The other girl with us made her cut today too, and has one A-B-C cut tomorrow morning early. Then we all have Wednesday off.

I edited the title before the pics and video were loaded. Since it was on page 2, I thought no one was looking, but I see I owe apologies for the delay!

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!

you guys have done great with him. Katy deserved this "win". great job ladies!!!! and i love love love her jacket. it is nice.

can't wait til thurs to hear that they won!