tockita

4 Months Pics & Vids

Wow he is nice! Looks so much like mine. So you call him Dun? is mine a Buckskin or a Dun? His legs are starting to turn black as he is shedding out some now & he does not have a stripe down his back. His color from what I see around his eyes where he shed is Gold. Thanks because I have been wondering about the color he is. I do not want to appear too dumb to the breeder. lol

So you call him Dun? is mine a Buckskin or a Dun? His legs are starting to turn black as he is shedding out some now & he does not have a stripe down his back. His color from what I see around his eyes where he shed is Gold. Thanks because I have been wondering about the color he is. I do not want to appear too dumb to the breeder. lol

It takes a bit to get all the color possibilities.

Dandy is a dun because he has a distinct lineback and leg bars. Dun color has to come from a Dun gene from one of the parents. (his mom is a Dun)

You baby sounds like a Buckskin if he does not have a well defined line and no leg bars. To be a buckskin one of his parents should be either a palomino or buckskin (or smokey black) to pass on a Creme gene.

Sometimes black foals are funny colors. They could end up black or grulla (black dun) but start off looking sort of tannish/greyish and shed out darker (Most babies shed out darker then their original color) and legs are never dark at first. White socks are visible but black socks start off light with dark skin underneath, and then shed out black.

I saw a pic of a sooty looking buckskin in the pics so he probably is a buckskin, although the baby standing next to the bay has mane and tail frosting which is a dun trait. Or was yours the one laying down?

Edited by tockita

3 weeks and 3 months

Tryst and Deedee are 3 (well almost 4 weeks now) and Dandy turned 3 months on monday. I finally have them all in one place (Except Delite is such a pill she and Deedee are in a stall and Symphony and Tyrst get to be out with the other mares and foals.

We let Delite out the other night and she tried to pick a fight with babies in the middle so she got put up again. (she later bit both Dandy and Maverick over her corral fence so I don't know how soon if at all she will be allowed in the general population)

Tyrst is still a bit cautious about letting the older colts get to close to her but she has fun running around and then zipping back to mom and then pushing her nose at them. She chooses to be handled very little, so we are working on touching her more. She is going to be a big, strong, brave, mare like her mom. There isn't much fear in her, she just doesn't choose to be handled. If she pushes her nose at you, and you don't push your nose back, she has started buzzing by and letting go with a warning shot. ;D

She is definitely bigger then Deedee at this point! Still a touch over at the knees but since she is pretty much just nibbling at hay, and grain there isn't much we can do to restrict her diet even if we wanted to. She is getting around great and they are better then they were so I am hoping it continues to improve.

Deedee is still the princess. She loves to be petted and scratched but only when she wants to be. I caught her to clean up a poopy rump and it was rodeo time again. Very proud girl!

Dandy is still the biggest sweety, just wants to be loved on all the time. He is trotting after us at liberty to get more rubbing.

I have to take more pictures but keep forgetting to take the camera! Dandy is the deepest colored dun I've ever seen! (maybe because its all new?)n His legs have a smidge more to shed, but he is really sexy looking right now!

[Jump] Thanks for the update! They all sound like real characters. Delite may take more time than some mares to settle down about her baby.

One of my mares did not want another horse getting close to her baby till the foal was 6wks old. Then it was another month I think before she would actually allow the other mare to touch the baby.

She was very protective.

Pics when you can please! :grin: Heard any more on Dodge's arrival?

[Jump] Wow, they are really growing and filling out! They are all beautiful. Dandy looks like he "knows" he is it!

I see Tryst is having to contort a little to get at that milk bar. [Crazy]

Deedee looks like she thinks she's a diva and can't be bothered with it all! :winking:

Awww... they are all so beautiful! You got three different looks going on there, but each and every one is special in his/her own way!! I love them all!!

Congratulations on your trio!! [Jump] [Yay] [Jump] [Huggy]

I think Dandy is looking a lot like his sire... and Trysts mom is a FattButt! Her sire and dam are the tallest set at 15h and 15.2h so I guess it figures she would be the biggest of the babies. Just that Deedee came out sooo refined with Delite for a mom (who has a heck of an engine on her, and rivals Fattbutt in bodaciousness)

Dandy is pretty good sized for having Hayden for a mom =) But Beth didn't want him to be huge, just a bit bigger then Hayden and it looks like shes going to get that. If she had to get a colt he's GREAT! Really easy going and super love bug. (Holds his own with the other horses though so he got Mom and Grandma's Chutzpah.)

I'm just fussing over Trysts knees right now. I'm sure she'll be fine, but I am dreading having the vet tell me to wean her early if they don't improve. Symphony LOVES being a mom! She is very attentive and watchful. She never loses her filly, and talks back to, and investigates any potential problem with any of the babies.

Played with the babies tonite. Trysts legs are doing much better. They are straightening out fine so we let her back out tonight (Angi was concerned Symphony was going to stress from being in the stall much longer.) Tryst is SO big when she gets flying all out, she gets so low I'm scared she's going to trip! But she doesn't.

Deedee is so cute Angi is falling in love with her personality but still says Tryst is the $5000 baby.. Mom is 15h and bodacious, and dad is 15.3h. So she should be big, stout, sure footed, and strong willed! She's already picking up leads and doing a loverly easy lope where she sets her head and can really reach out nicely.

Deedee is still prancing and then cooking around herself. She lays her ears back at Tryst. It's sad that her mom has been such a stinker because Tryst and Symphony have really triied to make friends with them. Deedee didn't try to mess with her nephew though... he STRUCK at Delites head tonight and luckily only hit the lead rope snap. (not that she doesn't deserve it, shes been nipping the babies over the fence including Dandy and he's always been willing to get in her face :D

The guy who was interested in Deedee is coming out on Saturday. He was hoping she would come out solid... and not red. LOL We told him the dad was a paint, and that the other foal was a sorrel.. ) He asked Angi if Delite was for sale and she told him no. Yesterday he asked me how to get a baby her color.. well obviously the best way is to buy one that already born and get the color and sex you want.

Funny thing is Delite would be stunning ANY color, she just happens to be that loverly silver grulla too.

Ah well if he doesn't want her that's fine. A friends granddaughter really fell in love with her, but Grandma knew we had her sold and for how much. Angi is in love with her too, not that Angi doesn't have PLENTY of horses to train, ride, and show already... So we will see. I go back to work on tuesday, just found out today so it's not like I HAVE to get rid of anyone.. It's just there are only so many I can give enough attention to so there are a few who need their own people, and Beth doesn't need more then 3 IMO. (not counting Sassy her old lady)

Couple of new pics.. (I TOLD you Tryst was a bunch of scrapes.. lol) She is shedding out so they are dark patches and it looks horrible, but no actual scabs they are just baldish spots.

gallery_26292_232_819444.jpg

LOOK how BIG she is!! She is 5 weeks here and Dandy is 3 1/2 months... (He'll be 4 months on the 18th)

gallery_26292_232_369081.jpg

He got his feet trimmed on Monday and the farrier fell in love with him because Dandy just kept coming back to snuggle him! He is such a mellow friendly boy. If one of them had to be a colt I am glad it was him and not Tryst or Deedee. Of course the farrier liked Deedee too even if she decided not to let him pet her.

The best news is Tryst is finally caving in! With a mustang mom she has stayed standoffish. She would push her nose towards you (sign of a strong minded girl) but had no interest in being touched.

My trainer advised to just let her be and to not try to catch her, that at about a month she would not be able to stand it and start coming up to us and it's happening!

She had started sniffing hands and chewing on shorts but would move away if you touched her. This last week she has been letting us touch her face, and today I got to scratch face, chin, neck to the shoulder and rub her back!! :happy0203: and she was coming back for more when I was scratching her Mom and Dandy.

Happy happy dances Symphony's baby girl is starting to like me!!! LOL

oops sorry I posted the pic not turned the right way...

Edited by tockita

Here ya go!

TrystandDandy.jpg

Wow! She is getting huge! So happy to hear that she is finally coming around. They usually do, the curiosity gets to them. LOL

She looks like she has been through a baby war with all her little dark spots. But she is adorable, love her face.

Dandy even looks sweet in his pics. He is so cute and I love his color.

Thanks for the update! :grin:

They're GORGEOUS...

I like Tryst a lot, but I'm still a lover of the red based horses, and was kinda disappointed to see no pics of DeeDee. Did you end up selling her? If you lived closer i'd jump on her so fast. She's absolutely stunning.

Anywho, the babies look great.

Thanks for the update. [smiley Wavey]

They're GORGEOUS...

I like Tryst a lot, but I'm still a lover of the red based horses, and was kinda disappointed to see no pics of DeeDee. Did you end up selling her?

my camera was not cooperating that day so i gave up. Tryst has new spots every time i see her. Just her the other babies are clean. What is most interesting is she is shedding out black! grullo maybe? how weird would that be?

Weird?

I think that would make her even more stunning than she already is. :D

Hope to see pics of DeeDee.. **cough*me want filly*cough cough** lol.

Your babies are gorgeous.

I'm heading over to play with the fillies now and I will attempt new pics if the camera will cooperate.

Dandy is tied to a tree outside (with a tie blocker) Hayden is hopefully going to a cow clinic in a few weeks so we want to get him used to being tied and Mom doing things he can't participate in.

As for Deedee's status. We had a guy who wanted to buy Delite's baby, but he was hoping for a solid foal. He has not decided for sure if he is still taking her or not. He wants to come out and see her before he decides but Angi is making noises like she wants to keep her if he doesn't. (not that she NEEDS another horse, she just REALLY likes her)

They're all gorgeous. [Huggy] And I think I mentioned this before, but I just love the names you picked out for them. I think you did an excellent job of naming them!!

I agree that we need more pics of DeeDee! :winking:

LOL Here is a Deedee pic....

DeeDee6weeks.jpg

at 6 weeks she is shedding out so looks a bit rough. Mom is being nicer to the other mares and foals so she is getting more time in the play yard.

Here she is with Tryst who is WHAT COLOR??

deedeetryst6wks.jpg

Close ups of Tryst shedding..

Hmmmm.jpg

colorquestion.jpg

shedding.jpg

She has dun factor, but doesn't look like she is shedding out dun does it?

LOL

So who thinks I got 2 paints and a solid, 2 fiilies and a colt, 3 blue eyes, 4 white socks, a Dun, a Sorrel, and a GRULLA?????

Dandy was tied today and he just looked so great! In between fussing he was parking out and trying to get us to come love on him.

Dandy16weeks.jpg

Dandywalk.jpg

They all look soo good. Dandy, wow. He's growing up. He sure looks good. Will he have brain surgery? Man, he's such a looker of a boy.

Tryst, she does look like she's going grulla. She's a pretty filly.

BUT... In all reality, CAN I HAVE.... ??

LOL Here is a Deedee pic....

DeeDee6weeks.jpg

at 6 weeks she is shedding out so looks a bit rough. Mom is being nicer to the other mares and foals so she is getting more time in the play yard.

Man, SHE'S GORGEOUS...

Thanks for the pic.

Dandy, wow. Will he have brain surgery? Man, he's such a looker of a boy.

BUT... In all reality, CAN I HAVE.... ?? Man, SHE'S GORGEOUS...

WE plan to have Dandy gelded.. His sires owner has only bred him a few other times. One is hers, one belongs to a friend, and one breeding resulted in twins and both were lost. She was thinking of gelding his sire and keeping her yearling a stud but as Dandy gets older she has made some noises about us waiting to do it...

LOL She also did not want me taking pictures of Deedee today to post as she loves her and is trying to figure out some swap or trade off so she can keep her.

Well people are sending me pictures I thought I could share..

Laurie sent some of Tryst Deedee and the mares.. and Barry & Ann sent some to Angi of Jazzy.

tryst7wksmaverick.jpg

Tryst w/ 5 month old 1/2 brother Maverick

tryst7wks.jpg

Tryst w/Symphony

jazz14mo.jpg

Jazzy 14 months (Tryst's Grulla/White 1/2 sister)

jazzy14mo-1.jpg

and of course one of Deedee

deedee912.jpg

All the babies are gorgeous. i can't stop looking at them.

And I just KNOW you posted that one of DeeDee just for me..... [bat Eyelashes] :winking::rolleye0014:

She looks SOO feminine. I love the entire look of her. She seems quite fine featured. When I look at her, she looks like one of those women that are very Proper, sipping tea in the garden. I dunno, she just seem so elegant to me... probably why I'm drawn to her. [Question]

Edited by Zeusyboy

I guess it's official she isn't Dun, but she isn't quite Grulla yet either. Beth called me the other day and said your horse looks green.

GREEN? says I.

Well greenish purple was the reply.

Tryst.jpg

She isn't green or purple but she hasn't decided to go all the way over to the dark side either so she looks a bit like a sooty high socked buckskin with dun factor.

Tryst917.jpg

:sigh: Whats black is black though; not orangy tan or brown. Her legs seemed to have corrected just fine and she is still HUGE (she is growing and catching up to her 5 month old brother)

Trystfront91708.jpg

She has no fear of the other horses, nor the pig or goat. She went to investigate the pig the other day and got it in trouble! Miss pig just wanted to lay in the mud by the water trough and Miss Tryst went over to push her nose at her and try to sniff her up close. Symphony came over and pushed Tyrst away from the pig and bit it on the ear! Pig sulked and Symphony went back to eating and Tryst went back over to the pig... So the pig got up and made a small charge at her to run her off! LOL She didn't want to get blamed for messing with Tryst again!

deedeeleft917.jpg

Deedee looked a bit dehydrated.. not bad but not as perky as I am used to seeing her. No snot of other signs of trouble so we put her and Delite back into the stall where she will hopefully sleep in the shade. She's really friendly but still has an impish twinkle in her eye.

deedeeright917.jpg

Dandy is full of himself. He is back at Angi's so Hayden can do some work. She seems a bit off at a trot since her last trim but her angle was off from NOT letting Gabe trim her before she had Dandy. Jamie got er done on labor day without a single sit down or rearing. Dandy was a good boy for his feet too.

dandyblossom.jpg

Jamie is due back the 29th to do Delite, Deedee, and Tryst. (and Sassy, and Sera if he has time)

[Jump] Wow, I missed some pics while I was gone! They are all growing and looking beautiful!

Tryst is adorable with her high socks and I love the line down her back!

Thanks for the updates [smiley Wavey]

Ok so I know folks will want pics again but I have been working and commuting and the weekends go by So fast! but I will take some soon.

Dandy is 5 months old tomorrow on saturday! When did that happen? He leads nicely, is still very friendly. He is on a 4 week trim schedule and exhibits none of his moms dislike of farriers. Hayden is doing better with our Lancaster farrier. She let Jamie trim her without much fuss so he was able to do a quality job since she was not rearing, flipping over, laying down, or shooting backwards.

Dandy is however still a pistol when it comes to the other horses including grownups! He is doing great, Hayden is in good weight and seems to have no trouble keeping up with his nursing (although sometimes I think he is a bit aggressive about nursing.)

I walked them back to Lauries on Sunday because she is ready to wean Maverick (Trysts Pali half brother who is 6 months) At first the boys will stay with the other mares and babies and the moms will spend their days in the pen next door, and nights with the boys. When we take the moms away completely the boys will still be living in the same pen with the mares and babies they are familiar with, just mom won't come back that night.

I am not worried about Hayden or Dandy we have already been tying him to work with mom and letting him out to play without mom. Tryst and Symphony are more attached to each other. She plays with the other babies a bit but they are rarely more then 5 feet apart. Of course tryst is still young (2 1/2 months) so I hopefully won't have to worry about weaning her for a long while.

In fact she got halter "broke' today/ I was at work but I was told Angi was in rubbing her with the halter and had a hand around her shoulder when Tryst decided she didn't so much like it and went to walk forward but Angi didn't move her hand off her chest so Tryst.. whom and I am told did so absolutely without any fear being involved, kicked at Angis head and darn near clocked her! (Angi turned her head and had put up a hand which did get clipped by Tryst and was up by her face, at about 5'5" at the time. ) So she is a calculating, bold little terrorist in the making! She got haltered and had hissy fits before throwing her self to the ground and laid there with no intentions of standing up until Angi started playing with her ears! I really wish Beth had taped it. Mom of course loved me from the day I brought her home as a two year old, but lets her opinion be known.. and does it without kicking at peoples heads.

[Jump] Glad to hear everyone is doing well! So glad to hear that Hayden has decided the trimmer is not the devil incarnate [Crazy] And yes, those little boys do get a little aggressive with their nursing.

Sounds like a good plan on a hopefully easy quiet weaning.

Wow, Tryst sounds like she has her own little mind already! [ROTFL] Throwing little temper tantrums. So glad she did not connect with Angie. But she is evidently pretty athletic if she can already kick that high!

Pics when you can, you know we love them :grin: Thanks for the update!

Oh, any word on Dodge?