Sign in to follow this  
MondaesMom

Has Anyone Else Ever Stapled Their Finger With A Staple Gun?

So, I was going wild with the staple gun today while helping to set up down at the fair and, of course, I stapled my left index finger just below the cuticle. Since I didn't feel like hunting down a band aid at the time, I taped it with a piece of masking tape so the blood wouldn't get all over the bunting and banners I was putting up.

I just took it off and it looks a little hamburgerish right now. Do you think it's too late to put anything on it? It's a little swollen.

Hubby used to work in mobile home manufacturing. He did that lots.

He says about a week to heal and drawing salve the first night, neosporin after that.

Feel better!

No, but my husband shot himself with a nail gun thursday. :) he's actually all right now, no pain.

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

Owww! Hope it feels better soon.

I stapled my thumb to a stack of paper once with one of those power staplers. My boss was not appropriately sympathetic. I'm sorry, I don't remember how long it took to heal. I was 12 or 13 and working for a friends' step mother at her shop. Obviously it hurt though or I wouldn't even remember having done it!

NICE! Real nice! I now have Diet Pepsi all OVER my computer screen! [ROTFL] Sorry! I hope your finger feels better! [Huggy]

Last month I stapled my hand while working on getting the gun unjamed. Yep right in the palm of my hand & it took about 1-1 1/2 weeks to heal up.

If you are going to soak the finger just use warm water that should help draw anything out then use antibactirial ointment. You should be right as rain in no time.

I had a friend who did that. In her defense it's a wonky staple gun that doesn't really clearly state which end the staple comes out of.

She got her finger right in the middle joint. Luckily didn't puncture it, but they took her to the ER to have it removed and looked at. Took 3 nurses and her mom to let them NUMB it - not pull it out - numb it. Once it was numb she watched them take it out.

Anyway, because of its location it took a couple weeks to heal. Our trainer at the time was getting after her to close her fingers in a lesson one day, like really getting after her. We took a break and the trainer went to get a drink over where her mom was sitting. Her mom mentioned it to the trainer and the trainer goes "jesus christ, tell me when you physically can't close your fingers child!"

This might sound stupid, but it does work! Wrap a piece of black electrical tape around it. It draws the crap out, and it heals a whole lot faster.

Really, honest, it does work!!

Ok, so I talked to my shoer and he didn't have any of the stuff Bethany suggested, but he suggested an epsom salt soak. So I did that. BTW, it burns! Then I trimmed the loose skin off. The swelling's gone down quite a bit and I took the band aid off after I came in from grooming and feeding.

It didn't really hurt so much right when I did it. Probably because I was so mad at myself for doing it because I was mad at a situation and not paying attention. So now it's just oozing a little and burning at the contact with air.

Thanks, Shel, glad to know that amused you! ;P Actually, I'm kind of proud of the boo boo. In a perverted sort of way, I've always enjoyed it when I've gotten injured doing something. I guess because I figure it's real proof that I was doing something worthwhile! [Crazy]

Cari stapled hers at Region I in the beginning of June.

The nail just finished coming off and her new nail catches on everything. [surrender]

Go to your local farm supply store to get drawing salve (TSC has it with the hoof care and topicals) or to a drug store. Mom use to buy PRID drawing salve at the drug store in a little orange can. It's the same stuff in a smaller can for human use. It works great for drawing out splinters that you can't get a hold of.