Sign in to follow this  
qhridinGA

Some Of You May Know

Some of the family stuff (brother) is still going on, but I am doing my best to not think about that. But I am watching my old dog, get more feeble by the day, last night, he slipped and fell down the stairs. I think he is getting senile, cause he is starting to get up at night and walk around and seems a bit confused until I get up and find him and he follows me right back to bed. It breaks my heart. He is still happy so it isnt time for him yet.

But the heaviest burden is my Grandfather. I have kept it pretty much to myself, but I figured I would share it. He was in the hospital a month ago, and his heart is giving out on him. In January he had to have a pace maker put in, then again a month ago, he had to have some stints put in. He is too old for bypass. For the last month, he is doing OK, but not great. Come to find out he has a blockage in his leg. But the end of last week, Grandma and Poppy went to eat mexican. The next day he got sick. He has been running from both ends for the last 4 days and day before yesterday he had to go back to the ER. Not to go into details, but its bad. They have no rooms in the hospital so he is on his second day of just staying in the ER. I hope they can have him a bed today. He either has EColi or Salmonella poisoning. I am very worried that his already weak body wont be able to handle it. When I asked him if he wanted anything at the hospital last time, his only response to me was "Time". He told me he is trying to hurry up and get his airplane done before he leaves us. He is reengineering a WWII airplane to fit larger men. This is one of the most brilliant men I have ever met.

When it rains it pours, eh? [Huggy]

I'm so sorry....

Still, don't forget to take care of you. I don't want to read about YOU being in the hospital cuz you've worn yourself out with worry.

Hang in there....and lots of jingles and well wishes coming from MI. [Angel]

When I asked him if he wanted anything at the hospital last time, his only response to me was "Time".

Oh Pinky that's so sad, time is the one thing you can't give him. [Me Cry]

I'm sorry for your heavy burden. [Huggy] [Huggy] [Huggy]

All I can say is enjoy the time you have with Gramps and Rowdy.

And please call me if you want to cry/vent.

Oh man Pinky [Huggy]

I wish there was something any of us could do.

We can definitely be here for you, we can do that.

Good thoughts for Poppy [Angel] [Huggy]

You know, it is kinda one of those things. I know that my dog and my Grandparents cant live forever. I am trying to remember that to prepare myself for the inevitable. But it doesnt help it any. I dont really have alot of family. But he is probably my favorite.

When I asked him if he wanted anything at the hospital last time, his only response to me was "Time". He told me he is trying to hurry up and get his airplane done before he leaves us. He is reengineering a WWII airplane to fit larger men. This is one of the most brilliant men I have ever met.

Oh my goodness, my heart aches for you and your family!! [Me Cry]

I am so sorry for all of this that you have going on. It is SO hard on us to watch members of our family slowly slip away from us, animals OR humans. They're all the same and equally as hard. [Huggy]

I am so sorry, buddy....If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I'm always here for you. If you need to talk, I'm always here. [Huggy]

Love you. [Huggy]

Can they transport him to a bigger hospital?

I am so sorry for your stress and heartache. I hope it all looks better soon.

Prayers from Okieland.. [Angel] [Angel]

Edited by Tuckaway

I am so sorry my friend [Huggy] [Huggy] [Huggy] I wish there was something I could do to ease your burden some [Huggy] I love you buddy, give me a call if you want to talk. [Huggy]

Pinky,..I am so sorry you are hurting!

Prayers for you and your family!

[Huggy] [Angel] [Angel] [Huggy]

You know where I am. You know I'm here if you need to talk. You know if there is anything, anything at all, I can do... I'll do it.

Lots of prayers from my part of the woods.

[Angel] [Angel] [Angel]

char

[Huggy] Pinky I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope your Poppy pulls through and can get his plane finished. "Time" If only there was as much as we needed. And the old pup, as long as he is happy. [Huggy]

I am so sorry to hear this. I am thinking of you. Don't forget to look after yourself.

[Huggy] Oh V, I am so very sorry to hear about your Grandpa [Angel] Just spend as much time with him as possible. He sounds like a wonderful man.

Sorry to hear about your dog, it's so hard watching them get feeble [Huggy]

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers [Angel] [Huggy]

I can't help you with your grandpa other than to offer my prayers but there are some things that might help your dog. When my old Katie-dog, started to act that way I started giving her Co-Q10 which seemed to help. (about 100 mg). Also a good joint supplement and Rimadyl. I liked the Foster & Smith level 3 joint supplement. It was a bit pricey but really helped her. There is also a drug for canine senility that may help, I believe its called anipryl. Check with your vet. [Angel]

[Huggy] I'm sorry things are so rough right now. Please take of yourself. Many prayers and wishes for your Grandfather and your doggy. [Angel]

I need to get the dog looked at probably. But working 50 hours a week and they give me a hard time if I ask for time off when it isnt planned. Sigh. I am going to go and pick him up some pills I think though, on my lunch break. But what can they do for a 12 year old rottie.