Sign in to follow this  
SpiffyZippy56

Olympics Chat

I have everything TiVo'd and have been watching the live feed online, just wondering what everyone thought about what they had seen so far. i have seen alot of kick and yank, jerk and force riding so far. i am kinda sad and disappointed by this :(

yea i've been doing the same thing!! i just watched Phillip Dutton's test. It was realllly nice, besides for the flying lead changes. a bit unsteady. But Connaught looked very focused, i guess because he's very experienced. He is a great rider! I watched Gina Miles go last night and that test was flawless!! Gorgeous! [Not Worthy] I've seen a lot of good tests, but a lot of the horses are very distracted, but i'm not blaming them. It's very distracting in there.

I can't wait for XC!!!

i am watching dag albert right now and he has had a good test as far as being one of the quieter riders i have seen. he forgot where he was in the test though, oops!

I'm so not into watching the Olympics and I usually end up forgetting about them! Today I had the morning off and my husband was watching Sportscenter and then Olympic stuff. Just as I'm heading out the door he says: Look! Horse stuff! lol So yeah I got to see today's Dressage.

I LOOOOOOVE Becky Holder and Courageous Comet. I was thrilled that I got to see their test today. Really a great ride! She rides so well and Comet is such a gorgeous horse!

I was impressed with the Chinese rider on the grey as well. It was kind of sad his horse got spooky in that one corner cuz I thought his test was looking pretty good til then. He really settled back and had a decent test though. I'm still figurin out Dressage and actually SEEING it helps so much! lol

Thank goodness for Satellite and the Internet!! [Yay]

I am catching up on the feed online since I don't have Tivo... [Me Cry]

I've missed it so far... mostly because my Direct TV only have half the channels since I came home from my trip. I better call and get all my channels back. [Crazy]

I thought everyone did fairly well. Becky Holder I loved watching her test. There was a rider before Phillip Dutton ..There seemed to be somthing wrong with his ear and at one point her threw his head up and left it up there all down the short side and kept twiching and just seemingly POed. What was up with that?

www.nbcolympics.com then click equestrian on the left and it will take you to a page with all the results, various highlight videos, and when it comes on, there will be live xc coverage. the only thing is there is really no sound or commentary. there is someone typing a little commentary you can read though :) i watched most of the dressage live yesterday, seeing as they are only showing 4 or 5 rides on tv

I thought everyone did fairly well. Becky Holder I loved watching her test. There was a rider before Phillip Dutton ..There seemed to be somthing wrong with his ear and at one point her threw his head up and left it up there all down the short side and kept twiching and just seemingly POed. What was up with that?

i think it was shane rose. they werent really sure. i saw it yesterday on the live feed and then today on tv, one of the commentators thought something was up with the right ear, but i havent heard anything else. did anyone else see mary kings ride? AMAZING!

Poor Amy and Poggio! :( So sad. I hope they're ok.

So sad! I was screamed "Noooooooooooo" when it happened- I love that pair!

ETA- Almost looks like he tried to bank it.

Edited by aeris

So sad! I was screamed "Noooooooooooo" when it happened- I love that pair!

ETA- Almost looks like he tried to bank it.

hahaah i know!! i did the same thing... so sad! i wish they would have gone better, they were looking fantastic. He looked reallly fast & strong though. coming in a bit too quick & chipped i think?

anyways, Gina Miles' ride was fabulous!! Only 16 time i think. Really awesome! So that puts her in 2nd place behind Clayton Fredericks and Lucinda is in 3rd with her amazing little mare! How awesome would that be if Gina got an individual medal in her first olympics!!!!!!

Im enjoying my small tidbits that I see in the highlights.

It's GREAT to see how well the Australians are doing.

And poor Shane Ross - you could just see his face DROP! Horse just got a bee in his bonnet. Such a disappointment.

Is anyone else confused by the schedule? 2 days of dressage. then one day cross-country, then one day stadium? Please tell me I'm wrong because if I'm not, the people who did dressage on day one have an unfair advantage over those who competed dressage on day two.

[Question]

I couldn't believe how no one made the optimum time for cross country though. Like, the best time had 15.6 time penalties: that's ridiculous. I wasn't too fond of how technical the course was and how little fly fences there were.

But, that is another story...lol.

I was extremely disappointed to see Amy fall and Becky falter - I totally expected her to put in another accurate ride like she did at Rolex. Gina on the other hand, really brought it. I think if she jumps clean Stadium she's got a medal in the bag. I'd like to see Phillip get up there too - Connaught jumped beautifully. As for Karen, she was clearly upset at the end of her XC but gosh... Mandiba is just so young. I thought he did great for his experience level.

Did anyone happen to see the 18 year old Chinese rider who fell? Before that fall - man did he have a beautiful ride going.

Gina is a star in my eyes. God, I love that horse. If she jumps clean stadium, she WILL medal.

It was complete heart break to see Becky have that stop. And I was very upset when Amy fell, too. Although, I was expecting it for some reason. She just looked "off" to me when she started her ride.

I LOVE the way the Chinese rider was going. That fall was very unfortunate. He was thoroughly upset, but he's only 18...he's got lots of Olympics ahead of him! Did you know that he was the only eventer EVER in China's history?

And let's talk about Pawel Spisak. His dressage test was awesome. He rode that XC with such grace and precision. I like him...a lot.

I've missed the Olympics!! No Tv. My laptop doesn't like to connect to the wireless (brand new laptop to...as of Feb 26th this year) and the desktop boggles done every time I try streaming it [bang Head] [bang Head]

Pawel Spisak... hes a good rider. I think i caught some of his XC round the other day and they looked good. I watched his SJ round today and they had an AWESOME ride. His horse is a great jumper. Mark Todd had a really good round too. I didnt catch any american riders though.. i left for the barn right after the first like 10 rides or so. Does anyone know how they're doing? I hope especially Phillip and Gina do well!! I think they have a chance at a medal

Pawel Spisak... hes a good rider. I think i caught some of his XC round the other day and they looked good. I watched his SJ round today and they had an AWESOME ride. His horse is a great jumper. Mark Todd had a really good round too. I didnt catch any american riders though.. i left for the barn right after the first like 10 rides or so. Does anyone know how they're doing? I hope especially Phillip and Gina do well!! I think they have a chance at a medal

Was he the second rider on xc (or early on)? If so, I have to agree- very, very nice rider.

What a bummer about Phillip, but go Gina!!!! I guess this makes up for that E at Rolex a few years back. :tongue9:

GO GINA!! I'm so excited for her...

I only got to see the show jumping, but I belive the US ended up in 6th.

But then I read omn COTH that Phillip Dutton got DQ for having bell boots that were to heavy? some new rule or something. So I don't know if thats true or not.