Mudder

Where Did My Pm's Go?

When you get a pm, and reply to it, without saving it to your sent folder, by checking the box under the message window before you send your reply, you will never see that pm again, unless someone sends it back to you in a reply. So if you want to keep a pm you send, then save it to your sent folder. Saving to your sent folder, just saves the pm, nothing else.

If you want to know if someone has read your pm, you must check the box under the message window that says, track this message, before you send the pm. You then go to where it says message tracker, and it will tell you if the pm has been read or not.

You can archive your pm messages as well. By clicking on archive messages. You can send your pms to your email addy, so you have a copy of them. I suggest sending them as HTML page.

You do this all from where you get your pm's.

Is everyone having this experience? Is anyone not having this experience?

I ask because all of my PMs stay right in my Inbox unless I delete them. If this is NOT happening for regular "member" accounts, then I need to know and will do what I can to correct the problem.

Again - who else is experiencing this issue with disappearing PMs?

No, Amy you have misunderstood me. Nobody is losing any pm's. At least not that I'm aware of anyway. On the old system when you sent a pm it automatically was put it in your sent section, and from there you could open it again, and know when someone read your pm.

With this new system, when you reply to, or send a pm, without saving it, or tracking it, you don't get to see the pm again, unless someone sends it back to you as a quote in a reply. Nor do you know if someone has read it, unless you track that pm.

Members are wondering where the pm they sent went, cause they couldn't see it in the sent folder, nor anywhere in their pm message center. Nor did they know if it had been read. I was trying to explain why that happens. I guess I didn't do so well with my explanation . :ashamed0002:

Edited by Mudder

I am missing PMs that I had in my stall before the software was changed over. I have my older PMs, but more recent PMs are missing. Help?

I am really sorry, but at this point, I'm not sure if it is possible to recover anything else from the old software.