Tuckaway

What Colors Or Special Tack To You Use ?

I went to a rodeo the first part of this month. And I noticed many horses decked out in special colors or bling tack.

I thought that would be a good topic to ask here?

What colors or special tack do you use to give your horse that special set apart from the others look?

I run in all leather tack.

ProRider saddle.

Cowboy Decor Barrel Racer Brestcollar.

TexTan bridle with a tender touch.

Classic Equine ESP: Felt Top pad

SMB Elites on all 4 with black overreach boots in the front.

Tan and Black quirt.

Black barrel reins.

post-30020-1219239961_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rein_Of_Fire

Leather tack here... everything else Purple &/or Black. Black SMB#'s, black over reach boots, purple & black pad, shirt, (oh, just got a new pair of purple front boots for the mare...)

I was trying to decide what color goes well with the blue roan... but purple seems to go with both of the big horses... and just looks cute as heck on the lead line pony for the kids, lol!

july08003-1.jpg

(Makes it easier to "Borrow" something from one horse to another as well without looking like a total dork... we save that part for the actual riding.)

I run in a light leather barrel saddle.

Bright purple pad, bridle, pro choice boots, tie down, && purple breastplate with black felt lining on the inside of it.

my reins are purple and black braided barrel reins.

and my bit has purple shanks on it.

DSCI0869.jpg

jgdjgdf.jpg

On my good horse we are all leather. Alamo medium oil barrel saddle. Browband headstall with texas star conchos and a chain combo bit. Breastcollar that I put texas star conchos on. Leather tie-down with the year we won it and barbwire stamped. All purple Ortho Equine saddle pad. Purple SMB 2's with black Professional choice bell boots. Black whip.

On my prospect its a custom Triple Creek saddle in medium oil with nail heads and iron cross conchos with a purple ostrich seat. One ear leather headstall with a Wasson gag bit. (Am saving for a custom beaded headstall). Custom Triple Creek breastcollar that matches the saddle. Nylon tiedown. (haven't found a leather one I like). Puple and black Classic Equine ESP saddle pad until I can get the custom 5 Star. Purple SMB Elites with black bells.

I have a light and chestnut colored barrel saddle with pink fake ostrich seat and stirrups. I have a black headstall with silver hearts on it. (I had a black saddle before so I got the matching headstall only to have the parents buy me a different colored saddle. No complaining here though!) I have red and black barrel reins but they are faded so they kinda look like pink and black to match my saddle. :happy0203:

My saddle pad is a black SMX Air Ride- Dad wouldnt let me put a pink saddle pad on my gelding.

My SMB 2's are turquoise.

So pretty much "my colors" are light pink and turquoise.

My mare is getting a new breastcollar. Its a teal acid-wash cowhide. Looks so cool! Here is a picture (it isnt done yet!) Pictures dont do it justice!

Money020.jpg

Money021.jpg

Money022.jpg

That's gonna be awesome! Who's making it, you?

Love the Corona bottle next to it, lol.

That's gonna be awesome! Who's making it, you?

Love the Corona bottle next to it, lol.

My friend is making it as my b-day/ christmas present. I am helping though.

Its a bud light with lime bottle. lol.

Time to shine-- thats amazing. If/ when i ever get back in to running, i hope i can make or find something like that. Would def. set me apart from most others i know.

I ride in RED[/color] Red Bridle, red reins, red saddle pad and red breast collar. I need to buy red boots.

Sorry, there off of my phone

09-18-08_1905.jpg

09-18-08_1908.jpg

09-18-08_1906.jpg

I ride in a Guffy barrel saddle... Its pretty used but has a great chestnut brown sort of coloring. I ride in training tack, which is a nylon breast collar and headstall (lime green!). For shows I use a leather breast collar and headstall with hunter green reins. I want hunter green for shows, it looks great on my chestnut mare. my saddle pad varies, i have a brown one and a black and silver one. My gallop boots are black, and I can't decide if I should go all black or all hunter. I just love the run, not really what we look like...

i runn in all tan oiled leather... my saddle is a billy cook, with burgandy SMB elite boots and those really awsome new patterened bell boots. my bridle and Chest plate are the Weaver swaroski Crystal in pretty in pink... My Breakaway mare runs in a aqua green color with matching pad and all 4 SMB elite boots in the aqua color

Ok i have a solid white barrel horse and I run him in colors like blue, black, and red.. Im tryin to convence my mom to let me run him in hot pink because it would look good, but she keeps sayin no because he is a geldin.. I have a leather TT barrel saddle that is light oild and has a black seat and star conchoes... But good colors would be flashy colors that would stand out like hot pink or lime green.. Thats why i really want to run my horse in hot pink is because it would stand out in a croud.. But go with all leather tack.. I have leather saddle, two leather bridels, leather tie down, and leather whip.. SMB II Elite boots are good... colorse like hot pink and lime green with black bell boots...

I ride with a light chestnut saddle with pink ostritch seat, lime green reinsman tacky too saddle pad which I ADORE, and it depends on what mood i'm in, sometimes I ride with my lime green leather colored headstall and pink reins, or my hand painted(by me of course) leather headstall and breastcollar with my initial on them.

Hmm this is the idea of my tack

l_38b962688b0a4c98b3e2a47747799522.jpg

I depending on the reins, tiedown strap, and saddle blanket under my saddle pad or saddle pad itself.. I have

-black smb's

-turquoise CE

-lime green smb's

OR

-black/hunter green CE

all my bell boots are normally black or matching lol

i will use 5 star or classic equine saddle pads. nothing else.

i ride in a mossy oak camoflauge pozzi pro racer saddle with a hunter orange saddle pad and reins.

my headstall and breastcollar match my saddle.

my boots are bright orange.

and my horse's boots are hunter orange.

i also have red saddle pad and reins and boots for my other horse.

i ride in a mossy oak camoflauge pozzi pro racer saddle with a hunter orange saddle pad and reins.

I'm so jealous! my room is a camo theme!!

Oh my gosh that sounds awesome. Do you have any pictures? Sounds really cool!

my saddle is leather with sky blue ostid(SP) saddle seat and sky blue stars carved in and then the head stall is leather with Texas stars on it and the reins are sky blue N white barrel reins and the boots are hoot pink and sky blue :D 4 summer n buck and lucky has the same only the colors r red and hearts not stars :)

ok i ride a sorrel gelding i just won a saddle in the possum snout junior rodeo association. it is a light tan i just got a new brest collar and headstall with texas stars on them i am getting blue and purple reins for christmis. My smbs are purple and my bell boots are blue. My saddle pad is black. not really that fancy but it looks really good!!!!!! :happy0203:

I use a

black western saddle

lime green - breastcollar, headstall, tiedown(when needed) polo wraps

I have a lime green saddle pad, but I also ride with a brown one on top, I'm wanting to get a thicker pad or another lime green one.

I also have boots lime green, I plan on getting bell boots.

I ride in red/black combination.

My saddle is even a mahogony tint to it. Don't know what you'd call it.

My boy's halters are even red and black.

me.jpg

Okay, I finally got my NEW tack!

Weaver Leather Texas Star Headstall & Breastcollar \/

smallerheadstallbrestcollar.jpg

smallerheadstall.jpg

Saddle Blanket By Cashel \/

smallerblanket.jpg

Circle Y Trail Saddle (it's fits him real good thats why I use it for barrels lol) \/

circleytrail.jpg

And top to it off I use either white milepost boots or black smb 2's. : )

Edited by dudelover4eva