Sign in to follow this  
deequeue

Wow, I Guess I've Been Away Awhile

Well, it's been a while since I've been around...I haven't decided yet whether I like the new "look" or not... [surrender] Anyhoo, lots to read and catch up on..

In the meantime, Jag has been sold. He was my WB/PaintX, and we're finalizing the deal as I type this. He's staying in the barn (at least for now--trainer thinks the gal who bought him will move eventually), and she just loves him to death. Looks like a good match.

And I'm now horse-shopping again. I'm actually looking for a draft cross, no taller than 16.3, quiet & calm personality and a just-do-it work ethic. Hope it won't take too long, I really want to get back into competition again.

Take care everyone---I'll try to get caught up as quick as I can!

DQ

Welcome back! I'm finding some percheron-morgan crosses in the area who seem nice. One is a giant of an athlete in our barn who is a very talented individual. Eli isn't for sale, though, and right around 18Hh at four years old. There's a six year old in the area doing training/first level at the local shows who looks nice too.

I hope the deal with Jag goes through and works well for all involved! I'll see you around the boards. I haven't been on all that much lately either. I'm juggling a new part time job with school starting up and job hunting for when I graduate next spring. Fessor is doing well. Since I've been a bit stressed lately, we've been spending some extra time on the trail where I will relax. :) We had mediocre results at our first level recognized debut, with scores in the mid-fifties percent. Not too bad, but I need to learn to relax more and stay out of Fessor's way. We have plenty to work on. At least we didn't embarrass ourselves!

Good luck in the horse hunt.

Tracy

Thanks Tracy...glad to hear Fessor's doing well. Sounds like you've got alot going on too, so just take it as you can and put one foot in front of the other.

I may be going to see a 4 yo draft X on Tuesday, depending on the status of this audit from H*** that I'm up to my elbows in. He looks pretty fancy in his picture, but you can't tell much from a pic.

Thanks for the good thoughts...I'll try to get back here when I can, too.

DQ

Good to hear from you! I saw your QH's picture in the QH magazine last month:-) I was like, hey, I know that horse!

Good luck on your horse hunt...I love my draft cross...he is very easy to work with and train. I have had him since he was 6 months old and have done all of his training. I would have a whole barn full!! He did training level this year and did great. Keep us posted on your search!!

HI DQ! I've been away for awhile too (okay, a LONG while). Sorry to hear about Jag. I think the last time I was on here you were talking about selling him because you just didn't seem to get along with him. It sounds like he's got a good thing going though and you'll find that perfect horse!

I think you'll get used to the new look pretty quick. I HATED it before, but now, I forgot what the old one even looked like!

Good luck on finding a new horsie! Horse shopping can either be a pain, or a fun time, so I hope you have fun, fun, fun!!

[Jump]