alp3206

My Dog Is So Odd Because...

He can be fully asleep and if I sneeze, he wakes up and runs out of the room. He HATES to hear people sneeze.

Add your own!

(Can you tell I'm procrastinating?)

My dog is so odd because when you rub her belly she lifts up a back leg like a male marking a spot. We have no explanation for it. It seems almost involuntary because she did it even when she had a herniated disk.

Three vets and Hubby still get a kick out of it.

My dog is so odd because she smiles at me when I come home from work. Ears pulled back flat on her head, eyes scrunched closed and teeth from ear to ear. She snakes her head back and forth while doing this, it's pathetically funny.

Was opn a trail ride a few years ago and we crossed paths with a group of people getting out of their van to go on a hike. Sydney saw the kids, started smiling like a goon and walking towards them for some love. They parents started screaming, I about wet the saddle. It was the first time she had done it to anyone other than me. Had to yell at her to get close to me, she thought she had done something bad, has never smiled for anyone else since. I'm happy, she saves them for me.

See how cute she was at 5 weeks?

Sydney

I have an older Weimaraner that talks to me. When I pull in my driveway he comes to the car door and stands and howls until I open the door. He howls the entire time I am getting out of the car and until I get in the front door. He has a very animated personality.

Because it takes her 5 or 6 repitions of a new commercial to realize that the doorbell is on the TV and is not real. She had no problem with this until my father installed surround sound for me. I never realized how many commercials featured doorbells until that time! Please tell me why a motor oil commercial needs to have a doorbell ring?? [bang Head]

My dog is so odd because he lays on his back to chase his tail. It is the funniest site to see 80 lbs rolling/sliding around trying to catch his tail with his feet straight up in the air.

Hmmm do we have to choose 1 thing? lmao. My Catahoula female has 4 pups that we have left to sell, and even though they are in a pen she cannot get into, she keeps taking all her food over to them and trying to push it through the chicken wire to feed them! She'll also play fetch. ok nothing strange there lol. She will play until she is tired, then when we throw the ball for the male, she'll steal it from him and try to hide it. I guess she figures she's tired so no more ball throwing for anyone!

Dianne

Oh I thought of another one!

My male beagle is very odd. If you tell him "Super Beagle" he will race around the couch until he gets up enough steam to "fly" off the end. This usually results in him thudding into the entertainment center.

Also if you tell him "Clean Beagle" he will run into the bathroom and hop in the tub and sit there waiting for you to give him a bath.

[ROTFL]

Honey's dog is so odd, she won't sit on the hardwood floor like a normal dog... she'll sit ON the other dog, to keep her girl parts off the cold floor! If the kids are laying on the floor watching tv, she will stand over them, to get them to scratch her teats. Or Nurse, we're not sure. (Friend brought a baby over, baby was sleeping in the carseat, we were gabbing, baby woke up & started to fuss... SuperMom Wannabe dog trots on over & straddled the carseat to try to Nurse the baby! Friend was a little freaked! [ROTFL] )

My dog has a plethora of eccentricities...I'm sure having me as his person hasn't helped. LOL

Some of the more charming ones...

-When my alarm goes off in the morning, he comes from wherever he's been sleeping and jumps in bed w/ me for a few minutes of cuddle time.

-He knows the difference between going to work and going to the barn. IE: If he thinks I'm going to the barn, he tries to bust out the screen door. If he thinks I'm going to work, he just stands in the kitchen as I leave. By the time I've locked and closed the door, he's back in bed.

I suspect that he has figured out which is which by the clothes I'm wearing.

-He has figured out how to get giant sticks in through the doggy door. I'm talking 3ft +. He grabs the stick in his mouth by one end (not in the middle), then turns around and goes up the step and through the doggy door BACKWARDS and drags the stick through. (then woodchips it in my office)

My dog is odd cause when you yell at her to stop begging and got to the other room she will. However, 10 minutes later you can see her nose just to side of the corner so that she can still smell the food [Crazy]

My mom's dog Patches will "roo" when you walk in the house, out of the bedroom, down the hall. She's just a weirdo. Plus when you get her "baby" she gets all wide eyed and nuts.

Now Annie being the baby that she is. Will smile and snake her head if she's done something she knows is a no-no. Trying to get out of being in trouble of course. The other thing she does is when she does those "silent but deadly" things..lol she freaks out like what was that and runs out of the room. lol

Oh my dog Mikey loves, loves, loves a just used towel or wash cloth, he stands waiting for them and then grabs it and runs off and then rolls all over it repeatedly. It's so funny to watch! He also loves those poofy shower things, if he can steal one of those he's in heaven, rolls all over it!

Mikey will also wind himself up so much that he runs onto the bed, jumps off races into the sitting room catapults himself off the couch and races back to the bed, then suddenly he stops laying on the bed just staring at you, he always can make me laugh, lol.

I loved all of wonderful behaviors, too funny. The best I have is Abbie will play catch with herself if you won't, she throws the ball, slinging her head, the goes and gets it, brings it back and all over again. She will keep this up for quite awhile, checking with you to see if you don't want to join in.

[ROTFL] That reminded me! My pug will play with his Frisbee by himself.... picks it up in his mouth, and with the whole no nose thing, covers his own eyes.... & crashes into things! You would think he'd figure it out ofter the first five or six times.... [Crazy]

Duke is odd... when I come home he has to find something to carry in his mouth. Whether it's a stick, a plastic bottle, yesterday it was one of my horse brushes. He doesn't want you to take it from him either, he is perfectly content with it. But it's funny he gets so worked up if he can't find anything like he's sad.

Duke is odd... when I come home he has to find something to carry in his mouth. Whether it's a stick, a plastic bottle, yesterday it was one of my horse brushes. He doesn't want you to take it from him either, he is perfectly content with it. But it's funny he gets so worked up if he can't find anything like he's sad.

Oh my gosh, Mikey does the same thing, lol. Usually with him it's shoes, he's got to have a shoe in his mouth when someone comes in the house. If he can't find a shoe he'll use whatever is handy, lol.

Burke is actually the odder of my two. His weirdest thing is that when he is excited, he must have something in his mouth. He doesn't particularly care what is in his mouth, it just has to be something he can carry. So, if I get home, he grabs the first thing he can. Sometimes it's a dog toy. No biggie. Often that's not available so it's a sock, a papertowel or a leaf. Leaves are good as he can almost always find one of those if he's outside. If he truly can't find anything else, he will grab your hand gently and try to carry that around!

He looks like such a dork dashing around trying to find something to grab when he's excited. And then carrying his leaf around all proud. I don't know why he needs something in his mouth as he does not fetch, nor ask you to throw anything. :confused0024:

Edited by ExtraHannah

My dog is odd because she will lay on her head but in the air. That's her sign she's looking for attention. She'll also growl and bark playfully.

02-09-08_1428.jpg

SEE? I told you... LOL

My dog is odd because the sound of my laptop clicking shut causes her to start racing back and forth across the living room leaping for joy. She will even come out of a deep sleep when she hears the click. After a minute or two she will stop, look at me then go lay back down. Still can't figure out why she does it. I have even tried to join in on her game, but she looks at me like I am an idiot then goes back to her kennel.

aww those are so cute. i dont have a dog but can i share some of my cat?

Talia loves to run through the kitchen and slide across the room on a throw rug. also if shes laying on the bed, and you pull on the blanket she will jump up and try to "catch" it as it moves. she also loves "upside down kitten" i shout that and she will flip over for a tummy scratch. she also doesnt lay down. she falls over.

i think my cat is wierd.

Because it takes her 5 or 6 repitions of a new commercial to realize that the doorbell is on the TV and is not real. She had no problem with this until my father installed surround sound for me. I never realized how many commercials featured doorbells until that time! Please tell me why a motor oil commercial needs to have a doorbell ring?? [bang Head]

My dogs do this whenever they hear a doorbell on TV, which is odd because we have never ever HAD a doorbell. And they never do figure out that it isn't real. They still freak out every time that pizza hut commercial comes on.

My dog is so odd because he freaks out and snarls at his own butt every single time he farts. As if someone snuck up behind him and goosed him. He is almost 7 years old now, you would THINK he would have figured out by now that those sounds are coming from HIM!

My dog is also so odd because.. well... just look at him! What about him ISN'T odd? His chest is completely bald. His face looks like it is made out of left overs from an old hobo. he has a butt afro. His ears are bigger than the rest of his head and his skin is covered in weird "old lady" type age spots. Oh, and his teeth (of which he only has about 9) stick out every which way and when he sleeps his tongue falls out of his mouth and sticks to the side of his nose. So, yeah, there is not much about this dog that isn't ODD. (But I wuvs him SOOO much, he is my heart doggie and is just the bestest dog EVER!!! And I think he is BEAUTIFUL!)

nigel1sm.jpg

"butt afro!" [ROTFL] [ROTFL] [ROTFL]

I'm serious! Not only does he get a butt afro, but then his butt afro gets cat hair stuck in the tight curl of what little hair he has. So he ends up with more cat hair on him than dog hair.

In that picture he hasn't had a hair cut in over a year. Tonight I am going to pretty him up and trim his face and butt afro so he can be handsome again... plus I'm tired of picking cat hair and dust bunnies out of his butt-fro.

Arthur, My Cairn Terrier is odd because he cannot recognize when someone doesn't like him.

Millie my Molly Mule hates his little guts (as she does all dogs) and yet, he goes right to wherever she is whenever he gets loose. (Thank God we have noclimb and he can't get in the pasture).

Millie has already chased him, done the Mule version of THE MEXICAN HAT DANCE trying to stomp his little brains into the ground, and habitually pins her ears and gnashes her teeth at him as he sits wagging his tail on the other side of the fence.!!

I can't get this site to upload a picture [bang Head]

He's just as cute as he is dumb, but he is very loved (except by Millie!)