Sign in to follow this  
Magnum Girl

Aqha People

A recent post has got me wondering, and I really have no idea how this works... but.

If I know a horse's AQHA number, would it be possible to find her? Or follow up on her or something? When I sold her, they had intentions of breeding her, etc? I'm refering to my first horse, and I'd really like to know where she's ended up... What kind of information could I get from searching her number, if any really?

you can get alot but it does cost money. you see if she been shown, bred and what she had if bred all owners including her current if they all transfered her in their name. pretty much anything you would need to know about the mare

Ditto to Tampa. If you have her number, and if you are an AQHA member, you can search ownership records. You can also search produce records if you know she's been bred or not. If you are a member, you get $10 monthly allowance, and each time you search for something on the horse, it can cost you some money. The most I've ever paid is $3, cuz I usually research pedigrees.

Hope that helps. :winking:

You can get quite a bit of information over the phone.

The number is --- 806-376-4811

Give them her registration number and ask who the current owner is. They will tell you that much and they should tell you how many foals she has had. They give out addresses but not phone numbers. So, you have to search the internet phone listing to try to find the current owner or you have to write them a letter.

You can also ask if they are current members or if their membership lapsed several years ago. If they are current members, you have a lot better chance of finding them. I tracked one owner down by calling the horse Vet in their town and, sure 'nuff, he knew them and their phone number.

I have tried to find several horses with little luck because the current owners never transferred them. A couple I REALLY wanted to find were still in my name and I had sold them 8 or 10 years earlier. They had been passed from owner to owner and no one bothered to transfer them. It is real frustrating.