Sign in to follow this  
AquaIce

May I Ask Some Opinions On A Horse?

I can PM anyone pictures. I only have four of them, and they aren't taken at the best angles, but I want to see if she looks structurally sound and if you think that she's over at the knee or not. Also... are her pasterns ok? Not too long?

I sure would appreciate any other things you might point out. This horse is a long ways away from us, but she is supposedly broke to death. Even a 5 year old handicapped child has been riding her. And in the pictures it looks as if she can be ridden with just a halter and a pair of reins.

Thanks to anyone who can give me an honest opinion! [smiley Wavey]

Edited by ChaunceyBlue

Sorry guys... had to be gone, and then was busy all day.

Uploading pictures now... will send PM's shortly.

Thanks! [smiley Wavey]

Thanks so much for your opinions you guys! They are greatly appreciated.

I have no idea what she is. She is just a grade. Might have had papers before, but there is an awfully complicated story behind this mare. She is for sale because the lady has lots of cattle that she needs to buy hay for, and can't afford to buy hay for this horse.

A girl rented pasture from this lady for this horse. At first she was out there frequenly, and then one day quit coming. Didn't pay pasture rent. Lady called over and over... no returned phone calls. Finally called the sherriff, and he said to send her a certified letter, and if she didn't return it in 45 days, then the horse was hers.

So, she did that, and this girl never returned any phone calls, didn't come out, didn't reply to the certified letter. This lady ran into this girl in town a few times, and every time the girl saw the lady, she turned around and went the other way. The lady knows the girl fairly well, and she thinks that this girl just can't afford the horse, so she dumped her at her place.

After 45 days, the sherriff said the horse was hers. And so she is just trying to sell her for what she has into her, which is pasture rent that the girl owes her for, shots, and wormer and a little hay.

So, we can get her for quite a bargain. She says she really likes the horse, and would really like to keep her, but just can't because the hay must go for their cattle first... and they can't afford to keep her around as there is a hay shortage and so she doesn't even know where all the hay is going to come from for her cattle.

She has a handicapped child, and even this child can ride this horse. That is all the information I know of on her. I thought I'd go check her out this next weekend. I've asked for pictures of her without a saddle on, and if I get any from her, I will certainly PM anybody who wants to see them.

Thanks again everyone!! [Huggy] I truly appreciate it. [smiley Wavey]

You guys will soon have PM's. She sent me pics of her with no saddle. Please tell me what you think of her. And be honest....Thanks!! [smiley Wavey]

PM's sent!!

And I will gladly PM anybody else the pictures if they want to give me some opinions as well. Just let me know.

Thanks!! [smiley Wavey]