Sign in to follow this  
sdoside_cali

Sadly I Have Come To The Decision That I Must Sell

Sadly I have come to the reality that I just can not afford Pilot right now. With recent car troubles and less pay at work I am barely scraping by every month. It is one of the most difficult things for me to do especially since he is my first and I have wanted a horse all my life, but I just do not see any other way around it. Hubby at least though has said that after we solve our money problems in a couple of years I can look for another one.

Oh I am so sorry that it has come to this...Hope you find a forever home for him...You need to do what is best for everyone..... [Huggy] I know this must be very hard....

I feel really bad for you. I am soooo sorry to hear this! [Me Cry] [Huggy] You can't lease him out or give him to a friend with a contract of giving back? Maybe if you do sell him you can have stated in the contract that if he is to ever be sold you are the first option?

Edited by xcanchaserchicx

[Huggy] So sorry to hear that you are having difficulties. Maybe a lease could work?

Sending you a pm.

[Huggy] So sorry to hear that you are having difficulties. Maybe a lease could work?

Sending you a pm.

Sent PM reply

BB Blue has suggested leasing. But how does that exactly work? Because I do worry so much as to what kind of home he would go to.

So sorry. I have been in the same exact situation and once gave away a horse. TO a very good friend with the understanding that when they got ready to get rid of him I got first offer to get him back for free. He had him about 5 years and then I got him back. I had him another 10 or so and then had to have him put down from old age complications. He was 27 and I had had him since he was 1 year old. Just a thought.

So sorry to hear that. I do respect you so much for doing the right thing. If you do go with a lease, you could keep him on your property so that you know what home he is in.

I am really sorry to read this, I always thought you two looked so good together.

I hate it that you have to sell him.

BB Blue has suggested leasing. But how does that exactly work? Because I do worry so much as to what kind of home he would go to.

It wouldn't be out of the ordinary to do interviews and ask the prospective leasers where they would be keeping them and go out and look. You could make a "application" and have them give references and such to make sure they are going to be responsible owners. If you google "lease agreements" you will find some sample lease agreements and you can kind of make your own from there.

I've had to sell or give away horses that I loved three times in my life and it hurt each time.

If it comes to needing the money and you must sell. Just remember that you get to pick the person that you think will give your horse a good home.

[Huggy]

Kat

I am in the exact same boat. I just placed my first ads for 2 of our horses this week. If I think too much about it I cry.

The bad thing is the market is so bad right now it is really not the best time. Sucks all the way around.