Sign in to follow this  
Cheyenne&Gizmo

Loads Of Pictures!

well i left for 2 weeks on hoildays, and i come back to not horses but ELEPHANTS [shocked] !!!!!! they have gained a ton of wieght. so we are off to the vet on sunday to be ultra sounded, if they are in foal (which they both better be or i am having a talk with scooter!) how do i get them to loose wieght? can i just cut back on the amount of food if it is still really good quailty???

on to the pictures there are lots!

First is Cheyenne...... she was looking sooo great after i weaned luna from her, and now she is monsterous! i think that cheyenne was bred June 22 23 24 2008

Cheyenne2watter.jpg

Cheyenne3water.jpg

Cheyennewater.jpg

Cheyennewatermarked.jpg

Pepsi.... i think that she she was bred sometime in may... but i am not sure..

PepsiWaterMarks.jpg

Pepsi3Watermarks.jpg

Pepsi2WaterMarks.jpg

MORE COMING DON'T POST

Shorty shows how fat he is better than the mares do! but he is starting to look very old! i am thinking i might have to put him on some joing supplements over the winter, becuase even today that was very cold for aug, he was clearly very stiff...

SHortyWater.jpg

and lastly Scooter, who was sooooo in shape before he rocked... i don't think i have ever seen him this fat!

Scooterwater.jpg

and finally the whole gang!

Theholeclan.jpg

thanks for looking... and any help with their weight that any one can give me would be great... Shorty is finally looking good as his hips and spin arn't sticking out, but he has one large belly, and i just don't know how to get the mares to drop weight if they are in foal becuase i don't want to jeperdize the foals health!... we have really good quailty hay would it work if i just took them off the pasture and fed controled hay?

They look good.

I'd let them stay a little chubby, with the cold weather were having, and the cold winter i'm expecting, it wouldn't hurt them to go into winter with a little weight.

But I think they look Awesome, Cheyenne's absolutely gorgeous...

Aww... they are all so cute looking! I agree that a little extra 'fat' won't hurt them at all with the winter coming up. WOW! I can't believe that WINTER is just around the corner! Where'd the summer go?!

Have you kept them all up on de-worming? That's about the only thing that *I* know of that could cause a belly like that. You have to make sure that they are de-wormed against tapeworms, too. Not all de-wormers get all the worms.

Anyhow... the two mares look like they are preggo. [ROTFL] Ha ha... and when is your gelding due?? SORRY! :ashamed0002: Couldn't resist!

They're all gorgeous! I LOVE minis! [Jump]

Aww... they are all so cute looking! I agree that a little extra 'fat' won't hurt them at all with the winter coming up. WOW! I can't believe that WINTER is just around the corner! Where'd the summer go?!

Have you kept them all up on de-worming? That's about the only thing that *I* know of that could cause a belly like that. You have to make sure that they are de-wormed against tapeworms, too. Not all de-wormers get all the worms.

Anyhow... the two mares look like they are preggo. [ROTFL] Ha ha... and when is your gelding due?? SORRY! :ashamed0002: Couldn't resist!

They're all gorgeous! I LOVE minis! [Jump]

thanks Chauncey... i don't really know when shorty is due.. It must have been a accidentaly miss hap i really don't know how it happeed!!! [Duh] but they are all up on de worming... i have used Quest Plus in the spring and i used Ivermetin Gold last month and in november i will use Quest Plus again... i think it was all the alfalfa that they got out on!!!!!

thanks for the comments on them, i love them too!

Edited by Walking On Acid

[Jump] They are all gorgeous elephants! I think they are all beautiful and I too think with winter coming on, I wouldn't worry about their weight that much.