MissMotherNature

I Can't Believe Its Been A Year Already.

A year ago I lost my little baby Faith to an unknown cause. Just thinking and missing her. It dosent help that it was on my birthiday [Me Cry] . To anyone who remembers her she was on this board a lot last year she was born in April 07. ugg now im having issues with her mom she is having a lot of lameness issues.

MVC-004F-1.jpg

Rest in peace my sweet baby girl

Awe, I remember her. I didn't know she passed.

[Huggy] 's for you. It must have been rough with being on your bday and all. [Huggy]

and [Angel] RIP Little Faith [Angel]

i am so sorry, i lost a foal 3 yrs ago at two days old. she was born on my birthday and died two days later. i still think about her often.

again i am so sorry.

I remember baby Faith. So sorry! I've lost two babies... one in 2005 and one in 2007. I still think of them often, and wonder all the time... "what if?"

Your baby was so pretty! I'm so sorry you lost her, and that it was from reasons which were never really found out. [Huggy]

As far as the lameness issues with your mare... have you had her checked by a vet? It wouldn't be a bad idea to take her to a vet and have her hooves X-rayed.

Long story short... one of our mares, Dixie, was suffering with lameness issues for a long time. We bought her gimpy (previous owner told us a stone bruise)... ha ha. Anyways, finally we decided something else needed to be done... as our farrier that we had at the time wasn't being much help either (oh, she'll be fine...blah, blah, blah). Well, we found out she'd foundered in all four feet, and the vet told us to put her down on the spot. After all the time, money...etc, that we had put into her, I couldn't accept that, and finally got him to give me the name of somebody.... anybody who would look at her.

She is now on the road to recovery!! She will soon be able to go barefoot... she has NO gimpiness... NO lameness anymore... isn't sore at all, can walk, trot and run ALL with no pain!! It's WORTH it! This is a mare who just early this spring could barely hobble across the pasture on soft grassy ground. Her eyes and ears always told of pain... and now her ears are always alert, and she is raring to go.

Anyways... I know this is just Dixie's story, and that all horses are different... but it is SO worth going to the vet. Don't alwasy LISTEN to your vet, though. If we had listened to ours, Dixie would be euthed right now instead of being ridden by my daughter every chance she gets. But, at least you can find out what is wrong... and go from there.

Good luck!! :-)

Edited by ChaunceyBlue

so sorry, I lost 2 foals 3 years ago. Mare aborted 4 months early, and an orphan i took in on her death bed, she was starting to come out of it and a month later I found her 10 min's before her last breath.

They'll always be in our hearts, as she will be in yours. again sorry.

have you had a chiropractor or equine massage therapist look at you mare? maybe it is a issue with her back and not her feet. I knew a mare that had that issue.