Sign in to follow this  
Heidi n Q

Trouble With "search" Feature...

I am logged in, but when I enter a subject to perform a search it says I "don't have permission" or I am "not logged in". Will you please tell me what I am doing incorrectly and how I can get this featture to work for me?

Heidi

The search feature has been disabled due to a bug we found yesterday. Once the patch has been applied, the search feature will be re-enabled.

Thanks for your patience.

I get the same message if I try to click on someone's recent posts.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Edited by mrs

I have this error if I try and see today's active topics. I emailed admin with no reply.

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

If I log out of my account I can use that feature, just not when logged into my account!

The search feature has been disabled due to a bug we found yesterday. Once the patch has been applied, the search feature will be re-enabled.

Thanks for your patience.

Admin has replied in this thread!! She has stated that they have found some software bugs and have turned the features off until the software company puts a fix in place. At that time, they will turn the features back on.

I saw that they have replied, however my problem was not with 'search' and was resolved if I logged out. Which is why I posted my query. :)

Okay - I was just looking at it from the view point of someone that works for a software company. :smilie: Many times the features are intertwined. When you have a bug in one area, it affects others. Such as the query that runs to compile a search list can, and usually is, the in the same set of queries run for other items such as active topics (because this actually is a search). To me, her reply answered both questions, which is why I referenced it.

If you logged out and back in and it fixed the problem, then that is good information for Amy to know. However, if your problem is solved, I have to wonder why you would post for an answer. :confused0024: I may be misunderstanding this segment also.

Slight misunderstanding yes. If I stay logged in then I don't have any access to this (and the search too, so it's probably all connected) but if I log out and STAY logged out then I can search as a guest. The problem only seems to occur when logged into a username!

Has any one had the same trouble with "new posts"? It doesn't work for me either. I even have trouble "searching" for people when I know their name. They don't exist, some times even using the advanced search.

Searching of any kind is glitched right now. So even using the advanced feature isn't going to help.

Unfortunately right now patience is the only thing that you can do to help things along.