Sign in to follow this  
BEARCAT

My Mustang And I - We Did It!

Some of you might remember my little Mustang, adopted as a "wild stallion" from the BLM 2 years ago. He is now 5 and I have done 2 Pair Paces with him, but this was our very first time on course all by ourselves!

Boy, this was a long one!!! Over 30 jumps on a 17 mn course.

He was great and we jumped mostly the Beginner Novice fences. We sailed over all the fences (my goal) - no refusals or anything. He was a very good boy and went over everything without batting an eye!

This was a trotting pace, but we did a bit of everything - canter, gallop, trot, walk (he got a bit tired in the middle...) and of course, get a drink from the creek we had to cross.... We ended up 2 minutes over time, so not too bad really. I was really proud of my little guy!

Here we are, all dressed up and ready to go.

336542252.jpg

336542280.jpg

The professional photos aren't up yet, but there should be some good ones going over the jumps.

Thanks - and yes, of course, I got him gelded right away before I even brought him home. Way too many unwanted horses in this world already... At that holding facility alone, there are over 1000 mustangs waiting for adoption... for about $100!!

WTG Bearcat! I was trying to find you after we finished, but didn't see you. And then we left out pretty early. Didn't stay for the announcements. We had to get back. So unfortunately I have no idea how my riding partner and I did. LOL

So nice to meet you I wish we could have chatted. I remember when you adopted Riot and wow the two of you have come really far! Riot is gorgeous!

Hi Driftin'mom!!!

How was your guys'round??

I didn't see you afterwards either -too bad. We were parked under the tree, since we were the first ones to get there! (My friend was riding early in the A division...

Our round went well. Jumped every jump. And the horn on my stock saddle never got me. LOL

Jordan got VERY hot. She is a very competitive horse. If she sees a horse in front of her - she thinks she needs to get past them. LOL So my partner, who had run this before, was in front, and I had to hold Jordan the whole way. If I had let her loose we would have been off like a shot. She didn't balk at any of the jumps though. And she was really getting into it - Ears forward and lifting her front end nicely. Like I said - No idea of what our time was. Or how many deductions we had, but Boy oh Boy, was it a blast!!!!

I did jump a combination of Class B and C. So I was very proud of Jordan.

I am so going to do it again next year. [Yay]