Sign in to follow this  
Wild Horse Feathers

East Coast Boarding School

OCC: Jeezz you people are fast, sorry i was so confused with this last night I didn't bother with it, but its all good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raine grabbed her hot chocolate never being a person for coffee. It made her very hyper and hard to handle, so she tried to avoid it. Raine scanned the crowded and looked at people, memorizing all of their faces. That was one of her amazing abilities is that she could remember a face any day she could also remember names after only hearing them once. Raine watched as a slightly tall guy followed a very dancer like girl. Her movements were very small, but graceful, showing that she was a bundle of energy and that Raine was going to have to meet her. Her attention followed the guy until he walked in the door and left her vision. Raine stared at the door for a few more seconds before tearing her eyes away and continued watching the crowd her mind catching details about everyone. "We got some cute guys this year." Raine said quietly so that only Cotie could hear her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aiden looked at the clock and saw that he still had almost a half hour before the meeting began, so he made his way to his room. The chain on his jeans rattled as he walked, annoying him slightly. He didn't know what his room mate was like and really didn't care unless they wanted to be his partner in crime. He did want some one to hang out with this year, he didn't like being the out cast that girls only came to because he portrayed the bad boy image. He walked down the hallway and when he finally got to his room he opened the door to find his room mate now their and unpacking his stuff.

"Hey." Aiden said smoothly, he was good with keeping conversations. Keeping them from becoming awkward was a whole different story. "I'm Aiden."

James stood feeling thirsty, and wanting to maybe talk to a few people since Ashtyn had grown silent. Walking to where people were getting drinks, he passed the two girls (Cotie and Raine), smiling at them as he walked by. "Umm..I'll just have a water.", he said laying down a dollor twenty-five. "Thanks.", James grabbed the bottle opening it to take a swig. The liquid felt amazing instantly making him feel like himself. James stopped by the two girls smiling. "Hey, I'm James by the way. New to this school, so maybe one of you would like to help me around sometime?", he asked having his grey eyes on both of them with a grin on his features.

Raine looked up quickly at the guy that had just spoken and had to resist her jaw from dropping. The guy was drop dead gorgeous.

"Hi" Raine said simply pretending to not be entranced by him. "I'm Raine. Yeah I can show you around if you like." Raine said getting up slowly her skinny jeans and tight red tank top flattening quickly. "Cotie you want to come?" Raine asked and turned from the guy winking at her, saying that she should come. Raine knew that she would say something stupid unless Cotie kept her on track.

Keeping the smile on his face, James watched at Raine asked her friend to join along. He smirked inwardly because he was more intrested in her friend but James would see if Raine perked his interest. His steel gray eyes noticed that she was in good shape, small but tone which he liked in girls. "Seeing as how big this school is we just all might get lost.", sarcasm dripped softly but

James was trying to joke around with the two girls.

Raine turned and smiled at the guy hearing his attempt to make a joke. Raine noticed and saw his eyes almost trained on Cotie, she smiled. Raine always had low self-esteem and knew that no guy would look at her, she had excepted the fact. "Come on Cotie, it beats sitting there all alone." Raine said and winked twice, hopefully sending the right signal to Cotie to let her know to get up and come with them.

James watched as Raine was trying to get Cotie to come along, which he hoped she would. Waiting patiently his eyes wondered around to see other people conversing or just sitting there. This school year was going to be interesting and James knew it, which made him smile. Maybe he could let people get close, he made a pact that he would try but didn't promise anything.

(should we wait till she gets on?)

Jiggling her feet tediously, she watched her brother's roomate, Eli, enter and take a seat near her. Her gaze was soft when she realized he recognized her, not that he would forget her after only twenty minutes. She rested her elbow on her knee and then her chin her knee. Her gaze moved to the clock and she groaned softly when she realized that they had twenty minutes untiil the meeting started.

Blake's energy level allowed her to sit for another ten seconds before she had to stand up. Her small frame was up in a flash and she moved smoothly fom the room, past Eli towards the stand that everyone seemed to gathering around. She ordered a large bottle of water and smiled warmly at the others that were there.

She wasn't in the mood to chat and she knew that at least one of the girls had to be her roomate or mates so she'd get to know them later. Her bouncy gait brought her back into the Dining Hall where Brody had gotten caught up in a quiet conversation with some random guy.

Blake walked easily up to Eli and sat down beside him. There was something about his quiet mannerism that allowed her energy to settle and her mind to center. Even sitting she hardly came up to his ear and she turned so that she was facing him completely, her tiny frame fit solidly in one chair, facing any way.

"Enjoying your first day?" she asked softly, almost teasing in her mannerism. Blake flicked her fingers through her hair, pushing her bangs completely away from her willowy face so that she could watch him clearly with both eyes.

Eli's gentle gaze shifted as the girl stirred in her seat, and followed her as she left and soon returned, his deep blue eyes hinting genuine interest in her. He felt himself grow anxious as she took a seat beside him, quickly throwing his stare to the floor beneath their feet. However, sensing she was about to speak to him, he looked back up as she turned toward him, eyeing her lips as she spoke, thankful that he had caught the question. He paused, unsure of how to communicate with her. He figured it would be best to explain his situation before further interaction. He twisted in his seat to face her, his gaze shifting back and forth between her bicolored eyes. Slowly, he lifted a hand to his ear and shook his head, his eyes fading a bit with a mixture of emotion. Eli was afraid of rejection, especially from such a lovely girl. He was embarrassed of his handicap, and his cheeks soon filled with color as his gaze sank to the floor.

Blake watched him carefully, not knowing how he would respond since she had yet to hear him speak. Her hair scraped back across her frosty skin, covering the blue eye once again, blearing her vision slightly. She watched his gesture and her eyebrows crinkled curiously as she attempted to comprehend what he was trying to communicate. Understanding caught within a moment and her eyes sharpened immediately.

"Oh. I didn't know," she replied, feeling stupid almost immediately. He couldn't hear her.

It didn't seem as though he were that comfortable with his lack of hearing. Blake wasn't that sure if he couldn't hear at all or if he could hear some things. She tucked her legs under her, getting more comfortable until the meeting started. Blake waited for him to look up at her again, she was fairly certain that he had to read her lips.

"Can you hear anything?" she asked softly, talking as if she were talking to a normal person.

Eli looked back up to catch the girl's response. He still had yet to learn her name. A gentle smile turned up the corners of his mouth as he tried to reassure her. Eli was never one to accept pity or remorse from other people. It wasn't her fault he couldn't hear. He watched her lips as they moved again in question. He shook his head again. His hands fumbled about in his lap as he resisted signing, having become so accustomed to communicating with other deaf students in his classes, and with his grandparents, who were not deaf, but knew sign language. Eli struggled to find a way to talk to this girl, surprising himself with his eagerness to speak to her. His eyes met hers longingly and he opened his mouth to speak, but could not make a noise right away. After many years of being silent, it was like trying to ride a bike or learning to tie your shoes all over again. Eli tried again, still not able to contemplate why he wanted to communicate with her so badly. "Sorry, what is your name?" His voice was low and raspy from lack of use, and his words seemed to ride the vowels more strongly than the consonants as they slipped slowly from his lips. His eyes widened slightly as the vibrations from his throat traveled through his chest--it had been so long since he'd felt himself speak.

Edited by kpark

OOC: Wow, you guys are fast. It sucks that I can't be on at the same time as everyone else, I'm homeschooled so I'm on during the day, then I have to work up at the barn in the evenings from 5-8 o'clock, so yeah. it sucks. Sorry!

And Luckie, most everyone is unpacked and stuff and now they're all in the Dining Hall waiting for their orientation.

BIC: Cotie watched as another boy walked over to their table. Hazel eyes widened as she saw what was on his lower lip. She had a thing for boys with facial peircings. She just didn't like them, they scared her a little. Okay, a lot.

She felt his eyes on her, and it made her uncomfortable in so many ways. She's never had a guy look at her like that before, so she wasn;t quite sure of what to do with herself. Listening to him ask if she and Raine could show him around, she realized she was jumping to conclusions and he was probably a really nice guy, and not to mention good looking. But until she found out for sure she would keep a safe distance.

Smiling as Raine continuously winked at her, clearly wanting Cotie to come with them she continued to sit stiffly in her chair, for some reason not being able to move. "I...um...what about the..." she tried to say something, but it came out all wrong. Deciding she would just make a complete idiot of herself is she sat there rambling like that for much longer, she stood up revealing her embarrassingly short five foot frame. Her legs were shaking. Why were her legs shaking? Why was she so nervous about a really good looking guy with a lip ring who wouldn't stop staring at her?

OOC: I'll post for Ashtyn later.

Edited by Wild Horse Feathers

Kaity decided that it really didn't matter if she was at this stupid thing or not. Zipping up her hoodie half-way she walked out of the Dinning Hall, rolling her brown eyes at the guy she was looking at earlier. If he wanted to be a butt, then so be it two could play that game. Being new here, Kaity didn't really know where to go and she had memorized her classes so there was no need for that peice of paper. Turning right, Kaity thought she would just head back to her room.

---

James watched as Cotie stumbled over her words, making him feel somewhat bad for her. Taking his eyes off her shaky movements, James turned towards Raine. "So how long have you been here?", his question was to both but James didn't want to stress the blonde out.

Thatcher looked up, kind of scared. "Please don't sneak up on me like that. I'm a bit jumpy. I'm Thatcher." He said, trying to make friends. It was his first year, it would help to have friends. "Hey, you got any Advil? I've got a splitter headache." Thatcher said. "And there is something going on in the dining room, and I'm new. And kinda confused." He winced at the pain of his headache, and saw that Aiden was looking at him funny for that.

Aiden looked at the kid, who had identified himself as Thatcher weirdly. "Well you better get used to people sneaking up on you, they do it a lot here. And I think..." Aiden said and dug into his bag throwing things left and right until he found the bottles of Advil that he carried with him. When he was young he hurt his back from falling out of a tree and every once and a while his back would bother him. "Aha here." He said and tossed the pills in Thatcher's general direction, his head was still stuck in his bag digging around. "Oh yeah there's a meeting in the dining room about rules and all that fun stuff, you got about 10 minutes to get down there." Aiden said into his bag, not really caring if Thatcher heard him or not. He pulled out a balloon and grinned, he had some unfinished business with some one last year and the other girl got the last laugh so it was his turn to attack.

OCC: Wild you have a PM

Edited by Twizzler

Cotie kept a safe distance away from James, keeping Raine in between them. She took a deep breath and felt bad for being prejudice. She usually wasn't the type to be like that. Plus, he seemed like a really nice guy.

She walked over to the other side of James, so he could stand next to both of them. For conversation sake. She didn't want him to have to talk over Raine. "This is my third year," she informed him with a wide smile, starting fake and turning real. He was really hot once you get past his lip peircing. "Is this your first year here?" she asked, sincerely interested.

Brody stood carefully with his lanky build, glancing around the filling dining hall and frowned when he saw his sister talking to his roomate again. She would be the one to make friends so quickly. Heading out of the dining hall, he glanced around amazed at how everyone had already found their little groups. At home, he had had his friends, but he didn't make new ones easily so this wasn't going to be a fun year.

He shifted uncomfortabley towards the drink cart to get a soda and ended up getting handed hot chocolate. His blue eyes became irked but he understood that it was a coffee cart so they didn't serve soda. There was something bothering him, other than their normal things, but nothing that was too intense.

Glancing at his watch, he frowned when he realized that there was still ten minutes to go. Taking a seat by himself at one of the benches, he allowed the sun to warm his bare arms, and sipped slowly on the hot chocolate.

-----

Blake watched him shake his head and nodded slightly in acceptance. That meant that if she wanted to talk to him, she'd have to talk slowly, or at least not as quickly as she normally did. She wasn't fidgeting the way she normally did, there was something soothing about how quiet he was. Watching his lips twitch into a smile, she grinned to herself. She liked when other people were smiling.

Realizing that she was pretty much staring, she lowered her gaze to the hands that she had folded into her lap, fingers picking at her nubby nails. His voice surprised her. A lot. Blake glanced up as soon as he began making a noise and she listened carefully, commiting the voice to memory, it made life easier knowing who everyone was before she turned around.

She was so caught up in following the waves of his voice that she barely caught what he asked. Hadn't she already said that? Oh. He probably hadn't heard her. Well, seen her lips move.

"Blake," she said immediately, a smile following her words.

James walked with the two girls as they lead him out of the Dinning Hall, seeing Cotie on the other side of Raine but evetually she came to his side. "Yeah, I'm the new guy. Not many people are warning up to me. I think its because of my looks or the lip ring. Oh well thats their problem.", he shugged. It really was if they could get past the attitude, then James was sure that the lip ring wasn't a biggie. "Wow, three years. Whats it like here. Oh my name is James by the way.", he leaned smiling at Cotie.

Ashtyn sat in his chairs, arms crossed loosely over his chest. He watched James leave him to go talk to a couple girls. Typical. A guy walks away from another guy to flirt with a couple girls. He shook his head so his dark hair fell over his face, the way he liked it. He could barely see anyway, so what's the point of showing his eyes? Everyone seemed to be terrified of them anyway. Although no one here at this school has said anything, or even acted as though they scared them. That worried him a little. His eyes were kind of a defence mechanism for him. If he didn't want to talk to someone he would simply give them a scary look, and they'd walk away.

Everyone seemed to have their own little group of friends. Not that Ashtyn cared, but it would be nice if some accepted him the way he was for once in his life.

Getting bored with walking around and feeling a little defeated, Kaity found herself back at the Dinning Hall. Her brown eyes looked around seeing a guy leave with two girls, Kaity snorted. Typical dude. Looking around again, there was seat open by another guy,(Ashtyn) smiling Kaity decided to sit by him. After all he did look bored, her feet took her about two steps and then hesitated. What if he was a jerk? A chill ran through Kaitys body as some of those thoughts passed through her mind. It was now or never, shaking the dark thoughts Kaity took the seat. "Hey is it ok if I sit here?", Kaity asked putting on a shy smile.

Eli, still a bit baffled by his own speech, was still able to catch her name. Blake, he mouthed, his thin lips curving around the name in silence before forming a genuine smile. He lifted his right hand from his lap and begin to sign each letter of her name, slowly, so she might understand. Once he had formed the e shape, he offered his hand to shake, grateful that she had finally introduced herself so he could understand. His smile had contagiously slipped into his deep blue eyes as he looked to her, awaiting her response.

OOC: Bah, sorry it's so short. Spanish homework blows. :P

Ashtyn felt vibrations in the air, telling him that someone was close by. He pushed his hair away from hisr right eye and saw a young girl standing in front of him. He smiled when she asked if she could sit next to him. "Sure." He continued sitting, but pulled out the chair next to him, hopefully sending the message to her that he was not a bad guy, though it may seem. Most times he would ignore someone if they walked up to him and asked to sit right next to him, or he would flash them a glance of his horrifying(sp?) eyes. But he felt rather dumb sitting in a room full of people, alone.

Edited by Wild Horse Feathers

"Thanks.", Kaity barely spoke seeing him pull the chair out. With a small smile she sat by the guy, hoping she wouldn't start shaking with fright. Kaity really hated be shy and such a wall with people. Playing with her hoodie, Kaity racked through her mind to say something else. "I'm Kaity by the way.", she whispered still looking down at her hoodies hem.

Raine seeing James more interested in Cotie then her slowly began to drift away from the 2 feeling awkward. When she was far enough away she turned quickly and took off in a slight jog hopping to escape the 2's eye sight before either of them caught it. She didn't know why but James made her nervous and fidgety, much like when storms came. Rain walked into the crowded room and took a seat in the way back corner and turned on her Ipod. She let her head bounce to the rhythm of Guilty Pleasure by Cobra Star ship loosing track of the world around her.

"It's okay here. Not bad. But I've never been to school before here, so what do I know?" Cotie cringed, not meaning to say that last part out loud. Watching Raine practically run away, she felt the need to run back with her, since she didn't know James at all. But she kept with the strange boy as they conversed.

Cotie leaned against a nearby wall and crossed her arms loosly against her chest. "Oops, I guess I didn't properly introduce myself. My name's Cotie." She smiled and held a hand out for him to shake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashtyn could tell that the girl who just introduced herself as Kaity, was very nervous around him. Was it him or her? Was she nervous about most people? Or just him? Looking down at his lap, thin fingers played with the zipper on his hoodie. "Ashtyn," he looked back up at her and tilted his head slightly sideways so he could get a full veiw. She was wearing a blue shirt, good. He would never lose her. Thinking turning his head might be a strange gesture to Kaity, he decided to explain his situation before going any farther.

"I'm blind in this eye," he pushed his black hair away from his face, to reveal a bright red blind eye. "And I can only see the color blue in this eye." He pointed to his right eye. "I just thought I'd tell you that, in case you were wondering about my strange body language."

James watched as Cotie stopped at a wall, turning to fully look at him. Hearing her introduction he smiled taking her had and shaking it once. Not hard though James knew how to use his strengths. "Nice to meet you.", James smiled letting it touch his gray eyes. "This school looks nice, I mean if you have to trap kid in a castle.", he let his sarcasm drip from his lips.

---

Kaity heard his name saying a few times in her head, just to make sure she remembered it. Looking up she pushed her bang out of her brown eyes to see Ashtyns odd colored ones. "Wow, your eyes are interesting.", Kaity whispered. Feeling like she was being rude, Kaity felt the warmth of a blush rise to her cheeks. "I mean..in..a good way you know. Not like the freaky kind of way....I'm not saying your a freak..its just that..", snapping her mouth shut, Kaity felt like a freak. Why did she have to be shy and have to ramble on everytime she was around a guy, or anybody. Looking down Kaity played with her hoodie again sighing to herself.

"Thanks ...What's with the balloon?" Thatcher asked, seeing Aiden pull one out. He popped the pill in his mouth, not caring whether or not he had water. He chewed pills, even though he get's the disgusting taste, he kinda liked it. He started to unpack again, getting his guitar. It was a Sunburst color Les Paul with a wammy bar. Wondering where he could put it, he had a wierd face, trying to decide.

"Revenge" Was all Aiden said and saw Thatcher pull out a guitar, "Best place for that is under the bed, that's where i have mine." He said and walked into the bathroom and began to fill up the balloon, he started to get antsy about the age old war that took place every year between him and her.

Cotie tared at her and James' hands locking with eachother, almost forgetting to let go. Remembering quickly, she dropped his hand and ran the hand that was before grasping James' hand through auburn-red hair. "The meeting should be starting about..." she glanced at her watch. "Crap, five minutes ago. I'll catch up with you later, what's your number?" She blushed slightly. She's never asked for a guy's phone number before. Compared to the last few minutes with him, she felt strangly comfortable with James.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashtyn listened to Kaity babble on, trying not to make herself sound like a moron. "I get what you mean." He shrugged. "I'm used to people thinking I'm weird, so your not the first one." He didn't know why he was being so nice to her, he figured he probably just felt bad for her not having anyone to talk to. Resting his elbow on the table, then his chin on his hand, he watched as an important looking man walked into the center of the room.

"Attention everyone! Orientation is about to begin."