wrangler

Ryan Gingrich

I know..I know I complained about him before. I just happened to run across yet another of his show's on RFDtv last night. WHY DOES THIS GUY HAVE HIS OWN SHOW??????

This guy has awful timing, the methods he is using are going to get him or someone else killed.

For example: The rearing Warmblood in last night's episode. The horse rears straight up and strikes. By looking at her, you can tell she doesn't have any respect and she's a busy minded type horse. She needs to learn where she belongs on the ladder and you have to get in her face a bit.

Back that girl up and MOVE her feet.

He uses WEB halters and trys to push 1200 lbs of horse around. Sometimes he uses his little stick and sometimes he pushes the back.

Let's take a 1200 lb unrespectful horse and place her between ourself and a fence thus confining her. Now I will ask this busy minded horse with a quirk bump between her eyes to take 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

I am pulling my hair out folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Duh] :confused0024: [bang Head]

AwWwwwwHH mannnnnnn!

I haven't watched that one yet, but I recorded it last night. I have watched a few of his shows and it is SO edited, you really can't tell the why of what he's doing. I'm pretty good at picking out the what and why things work when watching other clinicians, so I know it's not me.

I have pretty well written him off as a trainer for me to glean anything from.

I ran acroos that Gingrich guy a few years ago in Jax Fl at the Horse Expo.

He had a thoroughbred soooo pushy and as he was talking ther horse was rubbing on him and pushing him all over the place with his itchy head! This after the horse had repeatedly reared whenever he asked him to stop. He couldn't even get the horse to standstill withour repeatedly rearing.!!

The guy says; "Who here thinks this horse is acting disrespectful?" The crowd was hesitant but my hand shot right up. He looked me in the face and said; "NO, This horse isn't disrespectful, He's just confused."

I stood up and said: "NO, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO'S CONFUSED!" As I climbed down the bleechers and walked out of his demo.

The people who put these things on aren't horse people so they don't know he's a fraud.

HECK, HE ISN'T EVEN AWARE THAT HE'S A FRAUD~~~~!!!

I didn't see that one last night, but the night before there was this one lanky fellow with a spooky colt that was not helping the colt any the way he was using a long whip with a plastic sack on the end of it.

He never did get the colt over kicking at it or shying all over the place.

As you say, lack of timing and knowing when to push and when to ignore and leave things well alone.

We are supposed to TEACH, not pick at a horse until they give up or get the best of us.

I have talked to Ryan a couple times thru emails and such. As well as the people that he has helped with their horses on his show. He does have some differant ideas that is for sure. I have explained to him that he needs to change the way his show is aired on RFDTV as of now no one has a clue what the hec' he is really doing or why. I know they wanted to do something differant then the same ol' training show differant trainer, but it is not working. I am all for new methods of training and I have used his basic control methods on my horses. The folks he has helped out on the TV program that I have talked to are very grateful for his help and direction, but you could say they would say that of any good trainer that would finally fix their horses issues, because those folks did not have any clue.

Personaly I prefer to use Clinton Anderson methods of ground training but I do like Ryans tendency towards kindness and to be honest until he shows me more, I can not judge what kind of trainer he is.

Anyone can get a show on RFDTV if you pay for it lol. I dont think that station does a whole lot of censorship or screening or anything lol. I have seen some pretty scary stuff on there for sure! I dont even watch that station anymore...

..... GAHH I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! I watch it and crack up... I am glad I 'm not the onyl one out there who thinks he is a fakeeeee [Not Worthy] [bang Head]

Audrey Mae- I think Karen and I need our own show!! Two buckaroo gals with knee high boots and long braids! Now that would be a sight!! LOL!!

Omg I can so picture it now [ROTFL] I think that show would be HUGE with the male audience lol. I think you might really be onto something, I think you guys could make a killing. Don't forget about us common folk when you are millionaires! I dont know if you two are huggy or not, but give her a hug for me anyway please! LOL

I watched the guy once. That was enough. Disrespectful mare who pulled away from her owner time and time again. He used a short little lead rope...naturally she pulled right out of his hands.

Seriously basic stuff, and he just doesn't seem to clue in. [Duh]

You know cutter I sure am glad my husband doesn't come on here otherwise I'd have to sell all my horses and keep the only one that doesn't make the poo but just cleans it up. LOL

You know cutter I sure am glad my husband doesn't come on here otherwise I'd have to sell all my horses and keep the only one that doesn't make the poo but just cleans it up. LOL

LOL Spiderstyke could you imagine an entire stick horse rail class? heheheheehee

Cutter- I will ride a stick horse with you. The gal Karen that I was talking about is a reining trainer. She's the one I went to Vegas with for the High Roller Reining Classic. We had to ride stick horses in the Coyote Ugly bar down there AND wear pink cowboy hats. So we rode a few reining patterns in the coyote ugly bar, complete with spins and rollbacks!!! LOL!! :ashamed0002:

Hmmmm.....I can just picture that and all the whoots and cat calls for two silly girls riding stick horses in a bar. Did you ride to "Save a horse ride a cowboy"?

I think it a much fitting song for that kind of riding. And how did you do perfect circles with all those tables? [ROTFL]

LOL Spiderstyke could you imagine an entire stick horse rail class? heheheheehee

We used to do that! I made some stick horses with old socks and next thing you know, the 4-H leaders were offering classes, drill team and just about anything they could think of as fun fillers at our shows. It was a hoot! They told me I was four beating once in a pleasure class. I complained...how could I possibly be 4 beating when I only had two feet??? [Crazy]

Ryan Gingrich??? Too many commercials, too little assertive training techniques, too much to try to understand what he is trying to do??? I'll stick to my Clinton Anderson methods, thanks.

Just saw this thread and had to comment. I saw one of his shows on RFD the other day and couldn't watch 10 minutes of it. It made no sense and it seemed like he was not communicating with the horse at all. I'm glad someone else feels the same.

That's it! I just have to start my own show. Real Horses for Real People with Real Timing and Feel!!!!

In my show we will have special visits to see Cutter, JG, Greyhorse, Smilie, Historyrider, Cheri and Bumper and learn some of their methods too. :happy0203:

First I have to pay off all the debts from my horse magazine that I started when the economy fell to part. I am the master of timing on a horse but NOT the master of timing when it comes to business. LOL

wrangler ,

where were you yesterday to watch the show . ??? I had a sick bull , around 1,400 lbs , and Megan was helping me . So I have an 8 yrs old gelding I just started , and had 18 rides on him . I'd roped some little calves on him , so I thought , well , I'll use him to doctor the bull ..... nobody ever said I was sane :0)

He's a big horse , so I knew he was a good bet to hold him , so I headed him - Megan heeled him . We laid him down , tied him up , and doctored him . You'd have thought the horse had like 4-5 months of riding , he worked like a champ . I took lots of time , never let him get jerked on , and let him learn to handle working a rope .

anyways for your show , I will bring the minature ponies , and we'll round pen them with the short panels . Cutter will feed her stick horse lots of shavings , as we need to work the ponies first .

JG- Your too funny. I still need to send you your wedding present. Things have just been a little hectic around here with the moving out and all. Shoot me an email or PM when you have time.

In my show we will have special visits to see Cutter, JG, Greyhorse, Smilie, Historyrider, Cheri and Bumper and learn some of their methods too.

Method??? What Method??? We're supposed to have methods???

Oh, hey, yeah, I do have one...

Get horse to stand. Put one foot in the stirrup. Sling the other one over the horse's back. Put your butt in the middle.

Works every time.

They never air those shows when I'm awake around here. I keep checking RFD, and all I find is Big Joe Polka. I don't know who's paying to get that show on the air, but they are getting took.

This is halarious hahaha you guys are to much. I got my horse free cause he bucked everyone, owner didnt want him and he was an escape artist . At the time I was watchinging Chris Cox on TV .I also have an understanding on training animals . IT ISNT THAT HARD ,JUST BE CONFIDENT PATIENT AND CONSISTANT . Sorry got side tracked . What were we talkng about? Oh Ya Gingrich . I get the impression ,not knowing his background , that he thinks he has confidence till he's under pressure . He appears to get confused and uh SIDETRACKED .

i AM NOT EXPIERIENCED AS YOU ALL are but I learned from you all and C.C. and the aussie . My ride is doing great , he's not acting up he's healthy msuclar and fun . Guess what I am saying is my lessons came from here and it worked I am gratefull to all of you beyond all . Now I have a new challenge , ponying another horse who needs work. You all ready?

He probably got the show cause of his looks.

I wonder how many women watch the show to watch him???????

I know someone that Luffs him and watches religiously.

Her hubby (non-horse person) thinks that Ryan is a great trainer.

Cause she tells him so. :grin:

It is nice to know that others were disappointed by the content of the show.

And looked beyond the eye candy.

That Gingrich Guy, as I like to call him;

he's like a pretty horse with no mind:

You can sell him to anyone but after they know him for a while;

He no longer look so pretty. [Crazy]

I have seen several of Ryan's RFD shows and in every single one of them he clearly demonstrates, WHAT NOT TO DO!!! I think his apparent bumbling ineffective manner is done on purpose to demonstrate how you get into trouble with horses if you do not understand them. His wild approach with horses pulling away from him, the "horror" music playing in the background are all just a marketing ploy. His philosophy of "it?s the horse not you" ploy is again a sort of weird reverse psychology.

His presentation of him being a nice guy is played up with his "Hey look everybody, I am a nice guy...look ...look I even have a charity I support" is an old ploy... but it works on the weak. Again I think he does it to deflect critics, using it as a shield. (You criticize me you criticize my charity...my god the horror).

So in conclusion, yes he is not a very good example of a equine handler, he has now known show experience, he has no background in working for successful trainers, but he is entertaining and very funny. Take him with a grain of salt (make that a whole box of salt) and when you get serious about your horse run to one of the real horse trainers out there, and by that I do not mean just Mr. Anderson and Mr Cox, both of whom are tremendous and have brought a new level of understanding to the industry but there are a lot of really good horseman out there. Just look a the competition ?100 mustangs, 100 days? competition. These people take wild, unbroken horses and in 100 days are riding them around bridleless. So look around your area they are there and well work getting real information and tips from to make your horse safe and functional.