Sign in to follow this  
Ivory Annie

New Romeo Pictures

here are some new pictures of my romeo man....his color is confusing the heck out of me thats for sure!!! and hes in one of them ugly stages, its so funny cuz riley NEVER went through an ugly stage, but this poor boy jumps out of one right into another!!

ok, here he is, he is now almost 6 months, now he doesnt look very big b/c we had an episode of strangles and he had to be weaned early and has had a pretty rough start now, but hes on calf manna and corn oil and other things to help him grow!! but hes sweet as ever....

ok, pictures

2003_0523horses10-10-080011.jpg

2003_0523horses10-10-080009.jpg

2003_0523horses10-10-080001.jpg

here he is playing with a stick, lmao, silly boy

2003_0523horses10-10-080005.jpg

and heres mamma

2003_0523horses10-10-080003.jpg

2003_0505straightahorseshow0001.jpg

I don't think Romeo looks so bad and Annie looks like she is snoozing in that last picture just grabbing a quick nap. It is funny how some foals do go thru ugly stages. I have one filly that I swear she never looked right until age 3, but I knew she had it in her to look great she was bred right, it just took awhile for it all to grow together. What surprises me is his color I can not tell from the pictures just how much white hairs he has on his body, but he sure is taking his time roaning out. There is a roan yearling colt down the road from me and he is more white then colored on his body.

yeah, we were at a fun show and annie was taking a nap between classes, she always does that! lol and romeo dont really have alot of white hairs on him, which is funny cuz for awhile he had a ton, and now they are all gone!! i guess hes jsut going to keep me in suspence forever!!!

[Jump] Romeo is sooo cute! In the third pic, he looks to be built just like Annie. She looks good too.

yeah, he looks like annie, lets just hope he bulks up like his daddy a bit, my grandma goes on and on about how sweet he is and how different he is then riley was, you see riley had a bit of an attitude problem, not with me, but with anyone she knew she could get away with it with.....so she was constantly nipping and bullying my grandparents and anyone other then me....with me she was a perfect angel....go figure, lol but romeo doesnt nip my grandma has taken him out of the field before to lead him around and they are just very impressed with him.....i plan on keeping him a stud for awhile to help him bulk out, NO BREEDING, i repeat, NO BREEDING just a lil longer before i geld him so he can muscle up.....that is as along as he remains with this attitude, but my old gelding in there already is teaching him and keeping him in line, ole kojak is a good old teacher thats for sure!

so we dont forget, heres a picture of romeos sire, who passed away on valentines day.....romeo was his only foal this year....he was bred to a few other mares but none took but annie....so romeo has a special place in alot of peoples hearts, alot of ppl loved blue, he was an extrodinary horse

meandblue003-2.jpg

5-11-07005-1.jpg

4-29-07031.jpgmeandblue001-1.jpg

4-29-07028-1.jpg

4-29-07027.jpg

horses12-21-06008.jpg

i really miss that horse.....

He looks like he might to look like his daddy, give him time. Colts go through gangly/ugly phases. I have a 2.5 year old colt that is just now finally starting to fill out so give him time.

I think the roan hairs he had are just gone because he is getting his winter coat. They will come back when he sheds in the spring.

He's cute, even in an awkward stage.

I'm no color expert, but I'd guess he's a Smokey Black. Bet he got a cream gene from his dam. His sire sure was a handsome guy. What a loss.

I hope Romeo does roan out for you -- then he could be called a Smokey Blue Roan. I think that would be very cool looking.

Awww... Romeo is such a cutie! Just give him some time... he will even out, and fill out. I also think it would be so cool if he turns into a smoky blue roan for you... but right now, he looks like a smoky black. Which is pretty cool, too.

He's going to be awesome! I wish you and him very many happy memories!! [Huggy]