Sign in to follow this  
redneckcowgirlmn

Who's Naughty, Who's Nice Holiday Card List!

PM sent! [smiley Wavey]

And if you don't mind me stepping in to help clarify in case some are a bit confused as to the rules regarding the card exchange :winking:

The basics are pretty clear cut. Age limit 18 and older, no minimum post count limit.

As for the details......yes, the purpose of this exchange is to send (and receive) cards to everyone on the list. And yes, send to everyone. I highly recommend including your email address in the information given, because sending an ecard does count for sending a card out, and is free :winking:

Buying and sending actual cards through the mail can get costly for as many people as end up on this list. I've spent around $20 on postage alone for the card exchange (I send real cards to all on the list)......that did not include the cost of the cards. (Nor the cost of postage and cards to friends and family not on the HC list.....that pushed my postage close to $40)

That is why including your email address is important, especially since these lists tend to grow every year. Some people either don't have the extra money, or can't justify spending the extra money on sending cards to people they don't personally know, but they would still like to participate in the exchange. But they can pick out and send an ecard or two and still participate.

I've gotten lovely, personalized cards in the mail. And I've gotten hilarious ecards. But please make sure if you are choosing to participate to send a card to everyone on the list! Many people take the time and energy to send cards to all involved, whether they "know" those people or not. It is only fair to do the same.

If you would like to pick and choose who to send cards to, then kindly opt out of the exchange, and only ask the people who you want to send a card to for their address. But if you are in the exchange, send to all involved.

Stepping down off my seldomly used soapbox now. I just wanted to make sure that people understood this isn't a list you get that you can pick and choose who your friends are from. I've seen in the past some people not receive as many cards as others from the exchange, and that's not cool. I just like to make sure that it was clear. There seemed to be a little confusion the last couple years during the organizational process.

Edited by BarnBarb831

20/21, depending if you want to send CJF a separate card or not, lol! (We can share! I know he doesn't post a lot, mostly only to tease me, or when I bug & bug & BUG him to post something on the hoof threads...) [Crazy] But some of you know him from real life.

I think I scared people away with what I posted [Duh] I didn't mean to scare people away, I just wanted to make sure that people understood that if they can't send actual cards to everyone, they can send a free ecard.....it still counts as a card :winking: But just to make sure you do send a card out to everyone :happy0203:

HI guys, the count is up to 27... but I've gotten a couple without a name on them... just a screen name. (Pm'ed those people back...)

I don't know of the post office will deliver cards addressed to HC screen names or not. (I have gotten mail addressed to my dog before, with big writing across the front, "Does this person live in your household? If so, you need to come in & add them to your list at the Post office of who can receive mail in your box". (MY postmaster does NOT have a sense of humor!) [Crazy]

One year we got a card that had our names and the critters, all of them! Our mail lady loves horses so she bought the horses treats and made some homemade cookies for them. She set up a little Christmas tree at our driveway and put the presents under the tree. All it said on the packages was "Santa Mail". Very sweet lady!

Bumping again, 28 so far, (luther, you keep bumping for me... but you're not on there!) [Question]

Just a side note, I will be pm'ing the list to everyone on my list, on the 15th of Nov. If you need it before then, please let me know! Saving your pm's to reply to... as far as I know there are no restrictions, other than being 18? No post minimum, or anything like that.

Thanks, you guys, y'all are great~!