Sign in to follow this  
Joplins Jets

Empower Horse Feed

It is meant to be a supplement. I found it at my local feed store - they have it for one customer with major show horses (halter - big time, and she wins on the national level.)

I have fed it - it adds shine fast. I never fed more than about 1/2 pound per day.

I liked it and will probably feed it again closer to show season.

If I posted the photo right - this is a photo of Roanie on the supplement - I just brushed the dust off of her and combed her mane and tail and took the photo - I think she has a fabulous coat and the Empower made a big difference. (I should have washed her socks.)

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii207/m.../Roanie-627.jpg

Empower is not a feed it is a top dress. you feed 1 -2 lbs of it a day. It is made to be fed with another feed.

But is good stuff. I have always had good results when feeding it.

Goodluck :grin:

It's a fortified and balance fat suppliment. Most people feed it in addition to a feed such as Safechoice, Vitality, or even a senior or junior horse feed. It does add shine and conditoin (particuarly over the topline), and is also great for weight gain. It's an extruded formula, making the nutrients extremely availble, as well as making the product shelf stable about 3 times longer than most other formulas.

I have used it in the past on our show horses (don't have anybody showing right now), and fed it at a rate of 1 cup (about 1/2 pound) per day for maintenance. When I recommend it as part of a weight gain regime, I recommend 3 cups (1.5 pounds) per day for an average sized horse.