Sign in to follow this  
CathyJ

Is A Rear Cinch Necessary When Trailriding?

CTA, It wasn't me (or you) who turned this into a debate--I felt ganged up on when the responders all said that little narrow horses couldn't carry a rider up a hill. I beg to differ, that's all.

Didn't you see where I said "Whatever works for you is good..."? I meant it.

Guest cowpony01
Big bootied girl, needs big bootied roly horse ..... [Jump]

Vickythesexyrider.jpg

I'm sorry I just had to throw this in and gonna change a word or two in the song......

"Big bootied girls (and horses).........you make my rockin' world go round!!!!!!" LOL!!!!!!!! [ROTFL] [Crazy] [Duh]

This will tell ya all about the rear ( flank ) cinch.http://www.western-saddle-guide.com/flank-cinch.html

Hey AB, was reading these things and yes, you definitely want the front and back cinch connected. That is unless you're going to play a cruel joke on someone and want to see how long they can stay on when the horse starts a buck a roo rest. The strap between the front cinch and rear cinch keeps the rear cinch from sliding back towards the horses privates. If slippage occurs the rear cinch will take on a new name, called the buck strap. You can easily view the fast moving effects of the buck strap in most bucking horse videos.

hey yah i alway ride with one and would never go without i was the one who metioned it to start with. the wording just sounded like you were against it..lol my bad coulda read it a lil better

I rode my bros gf's arabian balistik 2 day without a rear cinch in the arena (my first ever not riding with one) an it felt so weird to ride a trot of even a lope the back kept flipping up. The worste part is hes are realy fast stopper like a reiner and man i cant count the number of times he almost launched me over his head. im riding him again 2morrow so hopefullly i get a rear cinch it just feels to weird

Thanks guys for this information!!!

I've never really thought about using a rear cinch, till now. I don't know anyone in Austria using them. But after I've read all the pros, I'm going to order one right away. I do a lot of Trail rid?ng in steep terrain. Billys saddle has a 3/4 rigging position, and no place to attach a rear cinch, but my Hafis saddle has a 7/8 rigging position and his saddle also seems to come up in the back easily.

So, you can always learn something new, right? :happy0203: