redneckcowgirlmn

The "i'm Fat & I Ride My Horse Anyway!" Chat Thread!

I'm going to join too. I'll have to post pics (actually I think there's only one) later, as I can't get into photo bucket right now.

Hello, my name is scapoose, and I too have a ghetto booty. :ashamed0002:

I'm trying to lose weight, because I can't fit said ghetto booty into the show chaps, and I want to show next year. But as everyone knows...it's tough going.

I've always struggled with my weight, dad didn't help make it any better by calling me fat a$$ and trying to limit foods. So of course I just sneaked (snuck? Sneaked? neither sounds right!) it all in the house! I look back at what I was in high school, and think, "Darn, I was hot!" Sadly I never realized it then. It's really bothered me a lot lately though. Have been going out with some of the people who work with my hubby, and I swear I am the only "non trophy" wife. I really HATE being the fat one. [Me Cry]

But yeah, I ride, and work my butt off every day. And still that ghetto booty refuses to go away! Here is Slider and I. He's 15.3 1150 and I'm 5'9" and ?? lbs (honestly don't know!)

Edited to remove picture, because I'm afraid Paca Paca is going to come beat me up, and she knows where I live!! [Crazy]

Edited by scapoose

Krista - Thank! [Huggy] Wow! The house came together quite quickly, but I'm sure not fast enough for you and Chris. (How is he doing?) When does he get to come home? (I'm just full of questions.

Scocpse -

I swear I am the only "non trophy" wife. I really HATE being the fat one.
Don't put yourself down!!!! You aren't fat. There was a recent study done one men being shown pictures of run ways models or pictures of women with booties like J Lo you know who they picked to be more attractive. That's right the women that looked like a woman. You are a trophy and should think of yourself as one.

I think your all just gorgeous!!

I've struggled for over 10 years back and forth. I am 5' 10", and now 170 (15 to go to goal). I was at 200 my heaviest. I LOVE weight watchers. It's the BEST program out there, and you can eat like a real person.

It's all about the choices.

WW is a lifestyle, it takes time to adapt (I'm still trying!!).

100_1414.jpg

A little secret, pose BEHIND your horse, it'll take off 20 pounds! [ROTFL]

102_1653.jpg

If your even thinking about joining WW, I'd really recommend it, it's AWESOME!!

The recipes are great (my husband even loves it), the products are really good, and the accountability keeps you on track! You can even do it online!!!

Never mind my fat face, it's always like that!

Edited by trails4me

Well, I'll join.

My name is Kim,

I'm 45, mother of one boy who is 29, yep had him young. 2 wonderful grandchildren. 5'4" tall, and weigh 156. I've always been an emotional eater. While married, I weighed more then I every had in my life. I was a wreck. I left my ex in February 2007. Since then, I've lost over 50 lbs. I started taking better care of myself, and started liking myself again. I have a 15.1h paint, named Paint. He never seemed to have a hard time carrying my fat @ss around, but of course, I always worry that I'll break his back.

I don't like to have pictures taken because of my weight. I do have pictures of me when I was younger, looking thin, and remembering that I thought I was fat then also.

I'm now wondering if you all feel the same as I do, when you look at a picture of yourself, don't you think that you look worse then you really are?? I think as women, we tend to criticize our bodies way to much.

I did not do anything special to loose the weight I've lost so far, I'm just happy for the first time in a long time and will not let anyone make me feel bad about myself ever again. (I do that to myself, thank you very much) I've worked very hard to get where I'm at today. And still working on my self esteem.

I thought you all looked wonderful in your pictures and hope that I have the courage to share mine with you all one day soon. I also try to remember that it's whats on the inside that matters most, not on the outside.

Kim

[ROTFL] a redneck ghetto booty?! I love it!

lmao, thats bout all i could think of to call this massive thing that follows me everywhere i go... :confused0024:

My hips are wider than my shoulders... :ashamed0002:

BUT - I use them quite well [bat Eyelashes] :winking:

hehehehe

I've always struggled with my weight, dad didn't help make it any better by calling me fat a$$ and trying to limit foods. So of course I just sneaked (snuck? Sneaked? neither sounds right!) it all in the house! I look back at what I was in high school, and think, "Darn, I was hot!" Sadly I never realized it then. It's really bothered me a lot lately though. Have been going out with some of the people who work with my hubby, and I swear I am the only "non trophy" wife. I really HATE being the fat one. [Me Cry]

That just breaks my heart [Huggy]

But, maybe they look at you and are envious too. Your smart, talented, pretty and happy. They just might be thinking the same way.

Be careful who you admire, they're more screwed up than you think!

BTW, your not a fat a@@, your just normal.

Boy, were sure hard on ourselves.

Edited by trails4me

Ok, so perhaps because of a recent personal event, I've been extra sensitive lately... Paca Paca just emailed me and reamed me out for posting here! :tongue9:

Thank you for your kind words everyone..I obviously self esteem issues..This has actually been quite a hard post for me to deal with. And from everyone who "knows" me...I don't usually let much bother me!

Hi all! [smiley Wavey] I am 47 and have 1 daughter that is 19 with a 18 month old son. I have always been on the heavy side. Since May of this year I have lost 42 pounds. Still working on it, I make my goal 10 pounds at a time and give myself 1 month to do so. I am at a plateau right now but not gaining so I am happy. If I just make it through the holidays without gaining I will be happy. Sitting at 262 right now. I like to trail ride. When I was younger (15 to 25) I rode every day for hours. Of course at that time I was only 160 to 180. Had a kid and the rest was history. I have been trying to get back into riding in the past 5 years. I have gone through 3 horses in that time. Now I have one that I feel confident on. So I am actually getting out to ride.

Here is a picture of Chico and me about 3 1/2 years ago. I carry all my extra weight in my belly as you can tell. Chico was 14.3 hands.

Chico.jpg

Here is Charlie. I don't have any pictures of him with me. Let alone any recent ones. He is a "Happy", Appaloosa Haflinger cross. 14 hands.

IMG_1507.jpg

Edited by goatmom

I'd like to join in [smiley Wavey]

I'm 5'5" and around 180. But I get justification because I quit smoking in February :rolleye0014:

I am going on my first official group trail ride this Sunday, on my (daughter's) horse. My trainer's Mom, who is 63 years old and one of the most beautiful women I know, is going with me. Don't tell my daughter, she's going to be out of town with her new boyfriend and his parents :tongue9:

Well, I guess I should join too. I have some weight I need to drop. I have done Weight Watchers and lost some weight. Later put it back on. I have always been thin.. even after my 5th child I wore a size 3-4. I had gained some weight in the last few years after having a hysterectomy.

I'm 5'5" but have a small frame. You couldn't tell it now with all these extra pounds! LOL I'm not sure what I weigh exactly but I'm wearign a size 16 in jeans :shocked:

I have a habit of starting a diet and loosing 5 or 6 pounds and then I just quit trying.

I still ride all the time. I wouldn't give up riding just cause I'm fat...LOL

I don't want to be fat but I also hate dieting..LOL I love to eat. I like to cook too so that doesn't help.

I don't have very many pictures of myself. Seems like I'm always the one holding the camera. I have this picture from about 3 years ago. I'm about the same size now, give or take 5 pounds. Seems like I got this size and I don't get bigger, but don't get smaller either.

101_0396.jpg

Here's a pic taken of me a few weeks ago...

menShawnee2a.jpg

Edited by trailhoss2

You go Paca girl. [Huggy] Scapoose, I have faith in ya girl. You can do it if you try. [Huggy]

I'm 46 yrs old, and am 5'3" tall. My weight fluctuates a lot. I've been as high as 200 in the winter, and I usually get down to 180 by the end of June. I'd like to stay 180 in the winter and keep dropping from there. I'm not doing so good at it tho.

I'm kinda scart to go home. I been out walking with the Swiffer every day for at least an hour. My skinny jeans are staying loose. [Yay] I actually need a belt on one pair. Not as nice at home tho, and from what I'm told it's a skating rink there. Not good for walking. Not much to do exercise wise thru the winter back home. No gym to go to or anything like that. I play volleyball twice a week, and that helps some. However, the neighbor has an empty coverall this winter, so I plan on making use of it, even if they don't. :happy0203: My goal is to stay limber enough that I can still get on my horse without a pail come spring. It takes me all summer to get there, then fall comes and no time for riding, then nasty ol winter and I get out of shape again. I hate that.

Keep it going.I thought I was the only one around.I am 33,have three kids.I am5'9" and about 255.I ride a beefy 14.2 dun mare or I just got a 17 hd foxtrotter.Try lifting 255 up on that.It works.I'd like to post more but it is getting late.catch ya tomorrow.WE NEED A NAME!

Well I am gonna have to get in on this..

I am 5'8" 210-220 average.. got down to 200 this year when my meds made me sick.

Disabled, geniticaly i have 2 boys.. but i am not mom.. i do love them though.

I used to be a tow truck driver and mechanic. so i still have a lot of muscle over fat.. the hardest to loose honestly.. and after 2 c-sections and 3 knee surgeries i have had my fair share.. my dr currently wants me to have a back surgery.. am terrified.

i have ridden since i was oh bout 2 years old according to my mom.. she says i rode before i walked. and was riding by myself at around 3. didnt learn to ride a saddle till i was oh bout 16, and not very well.. do better now, but still cant get the hang of it. i have ridden english, i love my aussie, hate western saddles.. (specially after the knee surgery) and tend to just putter round the pasture without a halter or bridle.. he goes where he wants most of the time, but he is a good boy.. never had a gaited horse till this past year and a half, and wont go back.. couldnt if i wanted..cant handle the trotting. my mount and best friend is a almost 5 year old gaited gelding named Daniel. he was 14.2hh when i got him, and is now 15.1hh. I hope he dont get any taller. I usually use a car, truck, stump, fence, step, or something to mount from..but i still have enough strength to mount form the ground into a saddle if i need.. currently i use a natural ride bareback sadle.. best thing i ever traded for..

I was the skinny kid all my life, even through both pregnancies.. after the youngest and a few bouts of severe depression, and weight lifting more than most men, i am a bit of a chunk.. ugh go figure..

so here goes,

this is right after i had this young man.. he is about 8 weeks here.. give or take..

Danielnmommy.jpg

last november when he was much smaller.. this is at a dog and pony show, height regulation no taller than 14.2hh

IMGP0519.jpg

and these are me and he now

100_4895.jpg

100_4651.jpg

100_4115.jpg

daniel is my chunky boy..though he didnt always be such.

100_2036.jpg

Edited by kitten-kat

I totally agree with everyone that Weight Watchers is a great program! I lost 62 lbs on it a couple of years ago. These pictures were taken when I was at my lightest, I believe it was right around 262.

Snowfeildside3.jpg

Snowfeild2.jpg

I spoke with my doctor yesterday about my weight. I'm so concerned about the risk of diabetes (it's in my family) and heart disease (my grandfather died of a heart attack) I've decided that it's time to do something drastic and permanent. She is referring me to a dietician at the hospital, and I'm really going to work my butt off over the winter (hopefully literally! Lol!) Next summer when I get my horses moved home, I'm planning on hitting the trails with Connor on foot. I think it will go a long way to improving my health, and it will also help with his manners, and I'm hoping it will also help him get used to the trail (I'm hoping he will be my next trail horse) I'm hoping to lose about 120 lbs over the next few years.

Krista - Thank! Wow! The house came together quite quickly, but I'm sure not fast enough for you and Chris. (How is he doing?) When does he get to come home? (I'm just full of questions.

You're totally right, it hasn't been nearly fast enough, lol!! It's going to be a looooong two weeks before I can move in, that's for sure! Chris is doing great! He's having a great time over there (for anyone who doesn't know, my other half is in Afghanistan at the moment on a civilian contract) He's got quite the social life over there. He won't be able to get home for Christmas, but he'll be home for three weeks starting around the 26th of January, another three weeks around the first of April, then his contract is up on the 7th of June. It will be so nice to have him home!

While rooting around through my photobucket albums, I found a few videos of Belle and I last summer if anyone would like to see!

th_aug12-07022.jpg

th_aug12-07021.jpg

Bridleless

th_Aug19-07017.jpg

redneck yes the filly i have got is the one that i found out is N/H. so far she has showed no signs knock on wood and i have stressed her alot lately ecspecially moving barns and introducing the winter blanky.

is it normal since i have put on weight that i feel uneasy sometimes in the saddle. I use to barrel race and everything now that i have not rode in a year and packed on pounds i feel uneasy at times.

at the barn i am now i have permission to ride her horses but they havent been rode in a while and i dont feel like gettin tossed. I might throw the bay i am interested in buying in the round pen and see how she does then i might just hop on.

Krissy i admire you i am built just like you and i wish i had the confidence like you to show again. you go girl and i love your mare

Hey Krissy!! My fellow islander!!!! I now living in NB......hows it going over there in PEI...I havent been home for over a year now [Me Cry]

Can I join this post?? Im 5.5ft and 180# :-(

You go Paca girl. [Huggy] Scapoose, I have faith in ya girl. You can do it if you try. [Huggy]

I'm 46 yrs old, and am 5'3" tall. My weight fluctuates a lot. I've been as high as 200 in the winter, and I usually get down to 180 by the end of June. I'd like to stay 180 in the winter and keep dropping from there. I'm not doing so good at it tho.

I'm kinda scart to go home. I been out walking with the Swiffer every day for at least an hour. My skinny jeans are staying loose. [Yay] I actually need a belt on one pair. Not as nice at home tho, and from what I'm told it's a skating rink there. Not good for walking. Not much to do exercise wise thru the winter back home. No gym to go to or anything like that. I play volleyball twice a week, and that helps some. However, the neighbor has an empty coverall this winter, so I plan on making use of it, even if they don't. :happy0203: My goal is to stay limber enough that I can still get on my horse without a pail come spring. It takes me all summer to get there, then fall comes and no time for riding, then nasty ol winter and I get out of shape again. I hate that.

I think I'm an oddball [Crazy] I gain during the summer, and lose it over the winter??

I promised myself, this year was the last. I'm getting to goal and STAYING there!! I was at 147 when I hit goal last time, and I just went nuts from there and back to 188. I LOVE the treadmill!! I had a rough week, and put on 3 pounds so its back to business today!

I too started riding young (I was 6 months old when they put me on) and started on my own by 2-3 years old. My parents couldn't stop me, and never tried.

I'm gonna be 41 in January, so enough of this yo yo stuff!

GREAT THREAD!!!!!

I just want to say that when redneck started this thread yesterday, I thought "uh oh, hope this thread doesn't go south" instead it's a warm supportive sharing session of beautiful women that ride. [Not Worthy] I forsee this thread being one of the ones that last forever, the one that everyone keeps coming back to, sharing and being supportive of each other.

That being said, tampabarrelracer I hope I don't insult you but I've got a couple of good natured, strong horses, if you ever want to get your booty back in the saddle give me a holler, I'll take care of you.

Hi ladies! I'd like to join this thread too.

I'm 5'0, and currently weight 206, down from a high of 262. I've lost 55 lbs on WW in one year. A life long emotional eater, I've always been chunky and have the 'ghetto booty' as well. My weight really ballooned when DH got thyroid cancer. Fortunately he is doing very well and I took control of my eating habits.

My pictures of me on my girl are on another computer, so will post them later. Dolly is a 14.2 hand, 23 yr old Arabian mare. She is a super sweet girl and loves to go out on the trail. I do think when I was at my top weight, it was difficult for her to handle my weight, so we did lots of ground work and walked together. Now she is doing fine with me.

All of you ladies have such beautiful horses that you obviously care a great deal for. Looking at the pictures of you all with your horses, I see truly beautiful women enjoying life!

Mornin' ladies! I'm goin' yard saleing! See ya later! Have a nice day!

Good morning Ladies! It's Friday [Yay] Happy dance.

Krista - So glad that Chris is coming home for a visit even if it is a short one. I will keep praying that he stays stafe.

Kitten-Kat your boy has grown, and he is so handsome.

after the youngest and a few bouts of severe depression, and weight lifting more than most men, i am a bit of a chunk.. ugh go figure..

Ugh, been there. Depression sucks. And if you've never truly experienced it, you don't know how much it sucks.

I've been overweight most of my life as well, it started after I got my tonsils out when I was in 2nd grade or so. And the depression never helped. People can be very cruel. My highest was probably 200, I stopped weighing myself at 198. So I did probably the worst thing I could do, which was starve myself. Luckily when I moved out of my parents house it just kind of melted off. I didn't have to listen to them taunting me, and I could buy healthier food without being ridiculed. To this day they sneer whenever I buy anything lite or organic.

So I think I'm about 150 right now, and so much happier! I would love to lose another 15 or so, just cuz I hate my thighs [Crazy] I always said I lost the weight for my horse. He was the only one who was there for me.

I went about it the hard way, so kudos to all of those who are trying it with weight watchers etc. Support is so important! And you all are beautiful, inside and out. How much you care for your horses is proof enough!

My horse and my hero: These are from this summer. We are both 21.

000_0034.jpg

chiprun2.jpg

And now I have the pleasure of bringing up my next little partner, Rio!

000_0024_00.jpg

I for one am glad that "Red" started this. I now don't feel like the only one. [Huggy] to everyone of you. I normally don't care what other people think of me, but sometimes I do. At the last trail ride I was on I had so much fun. People were watching me as I was getting ready to mount using my giddy up step. I told them all to turn around and not look until I said ok. You know what? There were several there that wanted to know where I got my step. They didn't even dismount for the breakfast, they had someone bring them their food and ate while still in the saddle. And no not all of them were heavy. I think I should get a check from the giddy up step people for all the promoting I do.

I want to get down to at least 230 by next summer. I know that is not alot, but by taking it slow it will stay off longer. My true goal is 175. But to think of what that would take would just make me more depressed and we all know what happens when we get depressed.

Krista has helped me. I love to read your posts and see your pictures. Bella is a beautiful mare. The two of you are good together. I want that with my Charlie. Good luck with your move and I hope the next 2 weeks won't take to long.

Gotta go, have to do some work since I am here.