Sign in to follow this  
TracyA

Dressage Chit Chat #23

Timely post. Of course I havent had time to read anything but Boos post on this page...

I need to vent. Selfishly. Sorry.

LONG LONG story short, this great relationship I have with my mom is going downhill fast. She constantly underminds me, disrespects my and my husbands wishes on ways to handle our dog, talks about me behind my back to family members, and basically lets me know that if she doesnt agree with how I do something, Im dispicible, of course, she does that without saying a word.

A lot of you would say so what, ignore her. Well it is a little hard to do that when you share a house with her. Yes, I put myself in this situation so I could have more, like having my horses at home, living in a nice neighborhood, etc. But my husband, myself, my step dad, and my mother all had an agreement that we are all adults and we ned to respect each others wishes. I dont tell them how to treat their dog. I dont tell them how to treat their grand kids, how to spend their money, etc etc etc. They do things that I dont agree with but guess what? I keep my mouth shut b/c it is none of my business.

She is the queen of passive aggressive. She plays the perfect, innocent, sweet little mom and no one would ever believe she makes comments like she does or what her motive is. Of course, Im the royal you-know-what b/c I call her out on it, regardless of who is around.

What started all of this tonight? I was working with our dog on down and also to be quiet and stand while I hold his face, look at his nose, eyes, teeth like the vet would (he has issues with you restraining him and is starting to get a dominance issue). He was getting fussy and whiney b/c he wanted to play and not work on obediance, which is exactly when he needs to be worked with. I was working on the down aspect, and when he fussed about it, I pushed down on his shoulders and said down, and he growled, snarled, and bit at me. Generally, we push him down and say no and if he keeps nipping we grab his lip and push it into his canine tooth (per trainer). But that is when he is playing. This was a bite of aggression, so my natural reaction was to pop him on the nose. Probably not the best reaction, but nevertheless, it happened.

She comes out of the house and starts ripping on me saying Im beating the crap out of the dog, Im abusive, etc. I told her what happened and she said well maybe he just wants to play. And I tried to explain to her that was exactly what happened and he is a dog and he must obey. BTW insert part about parents who treat their dogs like people. That way be ok for the little lap dog, but not for a dog with dominance issues who will one day be over 75 lbs. A dog is a dog. Just like a horse is a horse. You cannot let them think they are equal with you. I explained to her that he cannot learn that whining or growling will get him out of doing what is expected and that biting is not the answer when he doesnt want to do something. I told her that all it takes is him snapping at my 2 y/o nephew b/c the dog doesnt feel like dealing with the kid, and he can cause serious damage, or even kill him! Of course, Im over reacting (according to her).

This is probably the 4th time we have had the same conversation within the last 3 months. And this just shows me how she is going to be when I have kids. I am not going to have someone else tell me how to raise my kids or disrespect me by disregarding my wishes on how to treat my kids. I am not doing anything illegal, immoral, etc. It is just different than she would do it.

She is in the mind set to give them what they want. Trust me, she raised me. You throw a fit, she gives you what you want. And she did me no favors in that respect b/c it is a rude awakening to find out that isnt how the world works.

I told her this time that if this (her yelling at me b/c she doesnt agree with what I do/say) happens again, Randy and I are moving out, b/c I will not be treated like this and I am not going to totally reshape my life (not have a dog, kids, etc) just b/c I dont want to deal with her actions. I will simply leave.

All this does it show me how she is going to be when we do have kids. Im not having it. She had her chance to raise her kids/dogs/etc. It is now my turn.

Then we get into how she treats me when others are around, esp my brother. My brother and I get along great. I love my sister in law so much. She is JUST like me. Could be more my sister than my brother is my brother. I love my nephew. There are no qualms between us.

But when they come down, my mom treats me so nastily. Jealous of it? No. Im hurt and upset that I am being treated differently than others. I am not below anyone. We are all equals and deserve the same respect.

She talks about me, just loud enough that I can hear, and then when I confront her about it, acts like she said nothing or who me? oh I was just joking and tries to play innocent.

Last Tuesday, we all were going to take the grandkids to the zoo. I drove seperate b/c my kidneys were hurting and I wanted to be able to leave if I got sick (btw I spent Xmas eve morning from 1230-430 am in the ER with a horrible kidney infection. Then on Xmas day I fell down the stairs and severely bruised my tailbone due to being on pain meds. I also started my period the same day and then came down with a cold. Yep I had a great week). Well I was only like 5 mins behind them (had to stop for gas) and when I get to the zoo entrance, my mom is ushering everyone into the entry gate, not even waiting for me or calling me to let me know they were going on. Lord knows if I was my brother, or someone other than me, she would have waited. And again, this isnt jealousy. It is just that it is hurtful to know that you get treated differently.

Then, the next night, she calls my cell (btw folks, I live up stairs in the same house!) to tell me "We are going to dinner at 6pm. Are you going?" and I told her yes. Then she hangs up. Well I guess she didnt know that I was in the hallway on my way to the bathroom, so I could clearly hear everything she was saying down stairs. So shes talking to my brother and SIL and says with a snarky tone "If shes not ready to go at 6, too bad, we're leaving her".

What in the world?! Why the animosity (sp). Why so nasty? If my bro or sil wasnt ready, they would wait. Heck, I WAS ready before them. Not that it matters.

Those are just 2 things that have happened in the last few days. I could go on and on and on. She just makes comments about me, negative ones, to members of the family, and makes me look bad. Shes the type of person that no one would think she would ever do anything mean or wrong so if she is saying something negative, it must be true.

Yes it doesnt matter what she says. If its not true, then its not true. But its hurtful. And its mean. And its coming from my own mother with whom I have a very close relationship. We live in the same house. We are all basically room mates. Yes I put myself in the situation but if she is the only one not respecting me, how is that my fault?

We both got upset and said nasty things to each other. She tells me I act just like my father (with whom I have no relationship) and I told her if I was Chris (my dead brother) then she wouldnt treat me the way she does.

I just dont know what to do. We cannot afford to move out. And I dont want to lose the relationship I have with my mom. But I cannot keep having this arguement every month.

It has become more and more frequent since we got our puppy. He is showing signs of dominance. We are following the advice of professional trainers on what to do and what not to do with him. They had their old dog, Malika, and she was very dominant. She would attack the other dog, the cats, and even snap at us. She was 65lbs and part Pitt (and I love pitts but it lets you know shes a big, thick, strong dog). They let her think she was a "people". And b/c of that, that is why she would snap and attack. They are lucky she never did that to one of the kids. But that was their dog. They made their choices in how to raise/train her. But this is our dog. And we are not doing anything wrong to him but we are treating him like a DOG.

It is just frusterating b/c this just shows how she will be when we do have kids. And how can we resolve anything if she wont even respect us regarding an animal?

I dont even know if this makes any sense. There is SO much more to this situation that I cant even put it into words.

Randy is so upset that I am upset and that she wont respect our wishes with the dog. Ive told her to not even touch him or take him out of the kennel but that never lasts. Im just a nasty you-know-what b/c I tell her not to let him jump on the patio couch, or to not let him put his paws on her or to climb on her. It is just SO frusterating.

There is obviously more going on than just the dog. But it always seems that the dog is the thing that triggers everything else.

I cant even properly think right now. Sorry. This probably makes no sense.

[surrender]

Edited by KrazyTBMare

*whew* KrazyTB, what a mess. You said that your relationship with your mother has been very good in the past. Do you know what has changed? How long have you been married, and could it be the fact that you are now a married woman? Has something else changed? It doesn't necessarily have to be logical, but discovering what has caused the change might help solve the problem.

I'm sure that there is either a financial or some other reason that you're living with your mom that makes moving out difficult. I seriously think, though, that you and your husband need to move out and not share a house with your mom. It might seem impossible, but see if you can make it happen. Living in a hateful environment is not good for anyone. Best of luck to you. And in the meantime, you might try talking to your mom at some point when you are NOT in the middle of an arguement. Start out by telling her you love her and you always felt she loved you and thought you two had a good relationship. And then ask her why she's become so hateful. If the discussion starts to deteriorate into a fight, just say "I didn't want to fight; I was hoping to heal our relationship." And walk out.

KrazyTBMare- When you move out, things will get much easier, I PROMISE. Granted, things won't be perfect, but they'll definitely be better. After you move out, you'll be able to have that privacy that you NEED. Just be careful; don't do what I do- Don't tell Mom everything that happens in your life, such as what you fed your dog for breakfast, what you're making for dinner, what your dog did at obiediance school, training problems, FINANCIAL PROBLEMS (or anything financial for that matter), etc. Set up those boundaries early. When you have contact with Mom, keep the conversation light and happy. Don't bring up mishaps. DON'T bring up disagreements that you have with your husband and his family. Don't bring up problems you're having with the kids... Just keep it easy going with Mom. This will get better after you move out.

Word to the wise, don't burn a bridge with Mom. When it's time to move out, try to do it in a positive way. Leave the home on good terms. Even though your mom has been a negative aspect in your life right now, you WILL need her. You STILL love her. You WILL forgive her. You WILL move on. Things WILL get better. [Huggy]

IMO, it's worth it to move into your own apartment, even if it means having to work extra hours, riding less, finding someone to lease your horse, finding a cheaper board (no full care)... even giving up your horse entirely. Your privacy, sanity, and marriage deserves better. Look into reduced cost housing, if need be. I know of many highly educated individuals who got great deals on nice apartments simply because their income qualified them for the special housing.

Edited by Sylves

First let me start off by saying 3Day, you don't need to worry about having kids right now. If and when the time is right, you will know it. I did not have my son till I was 31!! In fact, he was born on my 31st b.day.

Sylves, you sound to me like a great Mom. But you do have to stick to your guns. In other words. Be consistent and be fair. You are doing great.

Now, I said consequences, not natural consequences. I don't know what natural consequences are!

Rio, I think your consenquence of taking food away and child cleans floor is very good! You stick to it and you stay consistent. You make the bad behavior unpleasant and the good behavior is rewarded. Works for kids and animals. You are being an excellent Mom and I think as long as you stay consistent and will get easier.

So let's say I am on the phone and my two year old son is tapping my leg and crying and having a hissy fit because he wants my attention. Of course he only does this if I'm on the phone. I ignore him. That's right, flat out turn my back on him and ignore him. As long as he is not in dire, and I mean DIRE need of anything, I ignore him. My friend on the phone says "do you need to go and take care of your son?" I say "that's exactly what he wants, so no, I am not getting off the phone and reinforcing his bad behavior." Pretty soon, my son stops and goes back to playing. When I get off the phone, and that is when I decide, not my 2year old son, who is the adult here? Thank you very much, I say to him in my very firm, stern tone of voice, "young man, come here" he comes to me and I proceed to tell him that his behavior was unacceptable and he is not to act that way when I am on the phone. It is very rude to interupt, hence he will now have to sit in time out for 2 minutes. They say a minute for every year. He may cry, pitch a fit, throw a hissy, to bad. He will sit in time out and I will ignore him while he is in time out. He does not and I repeat, DOES NOT get attention for crying, whining, temper tanturms, hissy fits, rude behavior, etc..... Because I always ignored his bad behavior at home, I could take him in public and never worry about him acting up. I ignored him at home and later there would be consequences for the bad behavior, like time out, or taking away a favorite toy or book for a time. How long would depend on the behavior. You take away a priveledge and you get their attention. When he was being good I always told him I sure like the way your sitting and playing so nicely right now. Or I like how nice and quiet you read your book while Mommy was on the phone. Reward, reward, reward the good and do not tolerate or reward the bad. Stay consistent and fair and always let them know what you expect. If he were reprimanded for something I always, always explained why what he had done or said was not right and how he could make it better, then I would tell him his consequence. Do you know, to this day, he has only gotten in trouble twice at school over the last 8 years and both times he came and told me first, what happened, why, how he felt about how he had handled it, weather he was right or wrong and he knew he had not handled it right. I never had to say a word, just be there as his Mom and listen and let him know I love him. I have learned that consistency is truly the key and to always let your expectations be known.. That does not mean everything is cut and dried, black and white, straight cut, but consitency sure helps. Sometimes we as parents certainly have to be flexible and you have to weigh in all the factors, but for a child to be well behaved it starts at home. What you think is adorable is truly obnoxious out in public. Parents to not tell their kids why things are the way they are. For example, we are in a restaurant and the kids behind us are standing up in their booth and peering over at our table and being very loud! Holy smokin toledo, the parents think their loud, rude, child is cute!!! And they don't do anything about it! If my son did that he would have been firmly sat back down and we would explain to him first off, you don't stand on the furniture, 2nd, you don't stare at other people, it's rude, especially when they are trying to eat and 3rd, when we are inside we use our inside voice. We do not rough house and act like we do when we are outside playing. We taught our son, there is a time and place for everything. Or how about the parents that let their kids run all over the department store like it's a freaking play ground? Cmon folks, nobody else thinks your little Johnny is cute. Get a grip on him and teach him some public manners and how about courtesy and respect for other people? Like the world does not revolve around YOU!

So to sum it up, firmness, consistency, and explain and teach. The children don't know, they have to be taught and the parents are their first teachers!

I also have a loud, authoritive voice that can scare the dead! I used to drive a school bus and let me assure you, I never had any trouble with the students on my buses!!!! At the same time, students know, and I work at a high school now, be honest and up front with me and I will be with you. We respect each other and everything is cool! I treat them like people and I am honest and up front with them and you know what? They like that and they don't give me any trouble! In fact, we have fun!!!

So that is my 3rd novel of the week. I hope it helps some of you to understand. My sister is the same way and her son is getting ready to graduate from University with a law degree and a 4.0 grade average!!! She is milder than me, but still firm and consistent and I truly respect her for it!

As for my son, I believe he tells me thing and confides in me, he even tells me when he likes a girl, because I have always been up front with him and besides consistend and fair, I have always communicated with him. He asks a question, as long as it isn't something he really doesn't need to know till he is older, I try my best to answer him. We even had THE talk!!!! I thought I would be embarassed, but he handled it very maturely and made it easier on me. Since they had to learn all that stuff in school anyway, I wanted him to hear it from his parents first! Oie ve' the things we parents have to do!!!!

I wouldn't trade being a Mom for anything in the whole world. It is really a learning experience all the time. You learn a whole lot about yourself and you learn patience, loving, nurturing, when to just listen, and that it is not all about yourself in this life!!!

Ok, I gotta go get my son in the shower. He's outside playing with his Dad!!!

Wow, my mom and I and getting on each others nerves, and I've been home 2 weeks. We have a great relationship, just can't imagine living with her all the time. I need my dad to diffuse, I think. Lol. Well, school starts next week.

And my major rant of the day . . . .

You know, the $5k grand slam that I work my (and Riley's) arse off for, and then won?

The company who sponsored it backed out and wont pay the prize money.

So much for my show plans this spring, and working toward a saddle . . . .

ARGGHGHGHGHGH

Is that even legal? Did they not sign a contract or something? Totally bogus. That REALLY sucks. Im sorry.

So today, Im at work, feeling like crap as I had my ultrasound on my kidneys yesterday and my left one was SO tender. When I got home, it kept hurting. I hardly slept and it hurt all day.

Well Im in the dark room doing xrays, when the receptionist comes and shows me this huge bouquet of sun flowers. Turns out they were delivered for me.

I call Randy to see if he sent them. Nope. He said my mom better have sent them or he has an arse to kick (whoever did lol joking).

Turns out, it was my mom. I went to her work during my lunch break (its like 5 mins from me) and we hugged andappologized. She knew I had a rough day yesterday and was hurting and we both felt bad for being nasty to each other. This weekend we are going to talk about the things that are bothering us and try to get to an agreement.

So other than my left side killlllllling me, Im ok. I am going to the Drs at 12:30 tomorrow b/c I cant head into the weekend knowing I only have 2 pain pills left. I dont want to go back to the ER. And I want to know the results of my blood work and my ultrasound. From what Im reading and others who have had stones, it seems I would have a stone but my urine last week was totally clean. So I dont know. All I know is it freaking HURTS. [surrender]

Aw, that is so nice of your mom. She loves ya, and you know it. It sounds like your living situation is difficult to say the least, but the fact that your mom is showing that she cares will definitely help things.

I wish you luck that the conversation is anger-free, calm and productive. I also hope that you feel better soon; kidney infections are down right awful. You are in my thoughts and prayers. [Huggy]

You are absolutely right Boocoo. Not worrying about them :) Hehehe I wish I had you as my bus driver when I was a kid! Man there were some naughty kids. I was so thankful when I started driving to school.

That sucks KTS! Sorry to hear about it.

Shantel- AWH Hope things work out for you and your mom. Good luck! Hope you feel better soon too!

Ugh college starts back up again on Monday. BAH! I'm thinking about switching majors again? Is that a bad thing? haha. Though I'm not sure if I want to graduate when I'm 26....hmm. We shall see, I would really like to pursue an accounting degree.

Scotch went down to the vets today. Located problem..or so we hope...and it is his hock. He is going back down in a week to re-check and get injected. Keep your fingers cross that this will sort out the problem so we can have our lesson w/ Scott H. at the end of the month.

Well, the weather is crude here. I am supposed to go ride at the trainers (one of her horses), we'll see how the roads are. I was in the barn till 9 last night getting a load of hay. *sigh* Shelby is supposed to go to the trainer's on Friday, but now I see it is supposed to be 10 degrees...ahg! I hate Winter!

I started back to school this week. It isn't bad except that the driving has been bad each day. I have them at an "offsite campus" that is closer, so at least I don't have to drive downtown everyday.

3-day-I have changed my major a million times and have a Bachelor's of Business and an MBA that I don't use; now I am in school to be a vet tech. Do what makes you happy and what will help you get a job. There are no jobs here. Really depressing here with the economy. Properties not selling, businesses closing, places going bankrupt. On a positive note I got my Qualified Rider Award yesterday...did you get yours???

Shantel-Glad things are working out at home. It will. Families have disagreements, but it will be okay. How is Layla?

Sylves-How is the weather there? Have you been snow and iced out too?

Rio-How has your week been? Have you made it out to the barn?

Boo-Are you going to try for a trail ride this weekend?

Okay, hope I didn't miss anyone. Have a great weekend. I am going to go test out the roads.

Equispirit Trailers

Oh, I won't be supporting any trailer company soon, lol! One of these days we will <sigh>, but we'll be sure to stay away from Equispirit trailers!

Beck, let's just say I won't be riding anytime soon... Way too much ice. I'd really like to get on him again... Would like to use my new tall winter boots that I bought at Christmas... Oh well. :-)

3day, I am glad you are hanging in there with college and I hope you get Scotch figured out.

Beckham, didn't get to go on the trail ride. Our weather is whacky and it was 83 one day and 40 the next!

I did go to my first "real" clinic this past weekend. It was on a 10,000 acre ranch owned by a former major leauge baseball player and run by his parents. They do guided hunting trips and have two lovely lodges on the property, which are 4 miles on same property from the barn!!! His mom rides GP dressage and hosted the clinic in her lovely dressage facilities. Our lodging, in a lovely guest house and all meals were included, for a price of course! So it was really fun, because all the clinic riders, auditors and clinician all ate all our meals together. We all got a chance to really get to know each other and everyone was very supportive of everyone else.

The clinician was David Blake. http://www.davidblakedressage.com

He is out of California and was/is phenomenal!!!!! I was so impressed with his teaching and riding skills and his training approach and philsophy on dressage. He was very astute as to what each horse/rider combo needed, from the uppler level riders all the way down to the Intro and Training level riders.

I have never been more proud of Beau and I don't think I have ever ridden better and I was/am battling a sinus infection! Sat. we had the most superb ride and David told me he thought Beau was a lovely Dutch WB out there in the warm up ring and then I came in for my ride and told him he was an Appx. QH. He said he has a lovely trot, good canter and really liked him. Thought he was "cool". We had the best ly ever and even did ly at the canter! Sunday my ride was good, but by then I was suffering a slow death from my sinus infection. But still proud of Beau and our rides. I got a lot out of this clinic and will definitely ride with him again!

I am giving Beau this week off while I get better and our weather is going to turn nasty again. Then back at it by the weekend, I hope!

Beck, let's just say I won't be riding anytime soon... Way too much ice. I'd really like to get on him again... Would like to use my new tall winter boots that I bought at Christmas... Oh well. :-)

Are you in that area with the blizzard warnings?

Bekham, did you get your Regional qualification certificate yet? I have not got my QR award yet. Maybe today?

And good for you sticking to what you want to do. Vet. tech school sounds awesome.

Are you in that area with the blizzard warnings?

YES! Hubby was driving in it yesterday on his way home from work. He thought he wasn't going to make it home...

Edited by Sylves

I was let go from my job today.

It sucks.

Nothing I did wrong. He just wants an assistant with more experience.

He was nice about it. But today was my last day.

Add this on top of the kidney infection, falling down the stairs, cysts on my ovaries, and the huge fight with my mom.

[Me Cry] [surrender] [Me Cry]

I was let go from my job today.

It sucks.

Nothing I did wrong. He just wants an assistant with more experience.

He was nice about it. But today was my last day.

Add this on top of the kidney infection, falling down the stairs, cysts on my ovaries, and the huge fight with my mom.

[Me Cry] [surrender] [Me Cry]

[Huggy]

No warning, no nothing? Oh Shantel, that really is a blow, particularly right now. *super big hug* That is one tough bump in the road but it is no blockade---when you get up tomorrow it will be a whole new opportunity to search for a job, reevaluate, think temporary versus permanent, etc.

That sucks, Shantel. :(

Some pics from our region's awards ceremony:

My sis and I in the dorm before we left. (I'm in black).

aaawards.jpg

Dinner!

awards.jpg

Winner!

aawards2.jpg

4th place musical (not bad for only showing 2 times! The girl next to me was champion at NAYRC last year)

award.jpg

WTG. Congrats on your awards. You and your sister look amazing.

I got hired there in Oct. I was in the 90 trial period. In Fla, you dont have to give an excuse in the first 90 days (employee or employer) for leaving. And any time in your career, you dont have to give a notice. He just told me that he needs someone more experienced as Ive only been out of school for 1.5 yrs. He said I would make the perfect assistant with experience, which comes with time. He said it was a very hard decision and it may even end up being the wrong one but that was his decision in the end.

KrazyTBMare, I am so sorry about the bad news. You are going through A LOT right now... When we get hit with so much at one time, I assume there's some REALLY good reason...

My husband lost his job last year; we hung on for a year while he did a couple adjunct teaching positions to help make ends meet. Now he has a permanent job. It ended up that losing the job in the first place was a blessing in disguise. It got him out of the corporate world and into academia (where he wants to be...)

KTS, that is one NICE dorm- WOW! Our dorms were not even half as nice as that room! Congratulations on the awards ceremony!

Hubby just announced, "Okay, I'm officially tired of Winter," as he was booting up to shovel snow. It's snowing outside.... err. We're ready for Spring.

Edited by Sylves

Hi Boo! Yup, I finally got my Regional certificate in the mail last weekend. It doesn't take much to excite me:-) I have had it take various amounts of time for the other certificates. One took months and one shocked me and came in 2 weeks. I think it depends on how busy they are:-)

Lucky you getting to go to a nice clinic. The weather is miserable this weeK...and I can't type because the cat keeps rubbing my hand!) It is supposed to be -5 on Friday. I did get to do some ground work with Shelby for a few minutes today. She won't stay out, so she comes in early and the boys get her field too. Your clinician looked good...any pics?

Sylves-Your weather is heading our way...ahg, it stinks!!

KTS-Glad you had fun at your banquet. I am really bad, I never join our local GMO, but I am this year! I want goodies too.

Okay, my battery is dying!

I just got home from the barn. I think it was a little TOO nice today because my horse was really tired when I get on him. I have a hunch that he was playing hard with his buddies :P

Super ride though, the canter wasn't the best but the transitions got better and our trot work was wonderful. Trot-halt transitions are coming a lot easier and he's really starting to bend well in the lateral movements so I played with some half pass and it's so easy for him it's sick.

Then I went to leave the barn and there's two of the barn owner's horses standing in the yard, and once they see me they book it to the other side of the barn, right into an empty turnout field luckily! So I trapped them (they weren't pleased) and went up to the house to tell the owners what happened. Apparently their kids had fed the outside horses and forgot to chain a gate properly... I'd imagine the kids aren't going to have a fun day tomorrow :P

And, all I've got to say is "thank goodness we didn't get hit with all the tropical storms and hurricanes that the South had to withstand." I'll take a blizzard over a hurricane anyday.

Beck, have been able to ride much?

Shantel, that is just bizarre your boss would lay you off after that long? To weird if you ask me? Something else is going on? Perhaps someone who used to work for him wants to come back or something? Totally not cool!

Beckham, my Rider performance certificate was in the mail yesterday and my patch. What to do with the patch? Hmmmm????? Yeah, the clinic was awesome even sick as I was. I am going to ride again with him in April, but somewhere much closer. One lady told me she got pics, but they aren't digital. She said she would send them to me and then I 'll take pics of the pics so I can post them! :grin: If that doesn't work, my hubby will come with me in April and take pics. He is usually my best photographer anyway!

Hope everyone's nasty weather clears up soon so you can all ride. Our weather is cold, but no ice or snow. Still, after being this sick I am waiting to ride until Sunday, when it is supposed to warm back up to the 60's and I have Monday off!! yeah!!!

Shantel-My computer died last night before I got to say anything to you...it sucks today, but everything happens for a reason. You will be better off in the long run. I had something like that happen to me and it ended up being the begining of some great things that happened in my life. You will be fine; I know it.

Boocoo-I framed the patches with the certificates until I can think of something else to do with them:-)

We are under a Winter storm warning and I was quite shocked at how bad the roads are right now. Everything is starting to close, so I am hoping my class is cancelled tonight...I hate going out in this crap!!

Beckham, I thought about framing the patch w/ the cert. also. My hubby says he'll get me a nice jacket and I can put them all over the front like race car drivers do!! [Crazy]

Your weather sounds crazy. I wouldn't go out in it if I were you! Just stay home and stay warm!!!