Appy_jumping22

Some Spotted Induglence...calorie Free Chat! Come On In!

As requested by Robertbel, here are some pictures of my "kids."

First is Spots, my Appaloosa Sport Horse gelding

Spots' Stats:

Reg. Name: Look at the Spots

Show Name: Quantum Leap

Job: Godfather of Equine Mafia (aka semi-retired)

His birthday last year:

n188300341_30252027_643.jpg

Back when he had a "real" job, not the greatest pic, but the only jumping pic of him I have on my computer:

n188300341_30220731_2233.jpg

After his "hair cut" this fall (roached his mane and body clipped him):

n188300341_30304396_1870.jpg

Still thinking he's a stud:

n188300341_30304410_9073.jpg

Plotting some kind of trouble while looking innocent:

n188300341_30304411_9972.jpg

Mr. Personality, he's "singing":

n188300341_30304385_6094.jpg

More coming!

Edited by K. Blue

Next is Indy, my OTTB,adopted through New Vocations.

Indy's stats:

Reg. Name: Here Comes Bunny

Show Name: Indulgence

Job: Police informant (she like to squeal); hopeful hunter

This spring:

n188300341_30253521_4649.jpg

n188300341_30232554_8036.jpg

This summer:

n188300341_30286675_9591.jpg

Did you say something?

n188300341_30286687_6737.jpg

Some of my kids getting along:

n188300341_30304399_494.jpg

Cranky appy doesn't share well:

n188300341_30304405_4280.jpg

K.Blue ornery so how was I suppose to find this just telling me GHT. I went to your profile and looked under posts and there it was. Now Sweet Hannah there she listed it for me with my name. She doesn't show her good looking horses off enough either. It seems I have to go around on bended knee pleading with you gals to show me your good looking horses. Why is that? I know you just like to have a guy beg right? [ROTFL] By the way as an owner of a paint out of a retired track thoroughbred I forget what the O stands for in the OTTB. SO enlighten me Ole' knowledgeable one. Ha! By the way I lve the thoroughbred. That is what I am hoping the paint will look like in another year or so. Except with big spots. Ha!

Edited by robertbel1

Oh, you know we like to have a little begging every now and again, it keeps our confidence up! You don't want everything in life to be too easy, do you?

Thanks for the compliments. Indy is an off the track thoroughbred (aka ottb...almost looks like there should be an extra "t" in that, but who knows). She raced once and made $66. This mare basically fell in my lap. I'm hoping she'll turn into my $500 wonder pony. We'll see how her training progresses this spring. I hope to get her into the show ring this summer at the latest.

Spots is my "Mr. Reliable" now. I've had him for over ten years, picked him up at an auction I went to looking for a western saddle (never have purchased that western saddle...yet). He was my hunter, equitation and jumper horse, competed him up to 3'6", jumped him over 4' at home. You want to talk about a handy horse, it's Spots (and no, I didn't name him). I'm hoping Indy will follow in his hoof prints, minus the navicular.

Hey K Blue! Love the pics! I am new around here but New Vocations is a site i go to alot. My old BO got two mares from there. I remember seeing Indy on there! Glad she got such a great home! I have a soft spot for an appy though! I learned to ride on a POA that looked like your guy...just alot shorter! You definitely need to show them both off more often!

OK like the English use to just not against people right? [ROTFL]I suppose he even cuts cows too?

Edited by robertbel1

He does just about everything (including many things he shouldn't, but you can't tell him that).

Spots has a cow phobia. One of his previous owners tried to teach him how to rope, but was a yahoo and just ended up ruining his lounging abilities (not that he really needs to be lounged).

We're trying a few different treatments to help him along and he went barefoot on Sept. 25 and seems to be handling it very well. My check book prefers it as well, $20 for a trim as apposed to $235 every 4 weeks for shoes. He was a barrel champ back in his day as well. Now he prefers to go over the barrels.

ArielMarie, welcome to HorseCity and thanks for the complements on my horses. New Vocations has some great horses and they run specials all the time trying to make room. They offer a great service and I've been very pleased with Indy.

taire, you would have to post the pic where I had to kick his little tush for not cooperating, lol.

Beautiful horses K.Blue. I love seeing everyone's pictures. Spots sure hams it up for the camera! I feel lucky if I can just get both ears pointed in the same direction!

I just came back to see if any more pics were posted. K. Blue I cannot believe you didn't jump me and let me know that my post came up twice. On the other hand I was talking about me begging for you girls with your horses. Soooo you liked the double beg didn't ya? [ROTFL] By the way cutie ya didn't answer my question is Spots ok now and you can ride him or is it still too serious to ride? Come on now and tell your bud.

You can never beg too often. :winking:

I still ride him, but mostly leasure rides and some trail riding, but nothing like we used to do, at least not yet. He's getting better and better every week as long as he doesn't over do it in the pasture.

Thanks, Mrs. O!

Our fall road ride:

n188300341_30319495_9831.jpg

Headed to the stop sign:

n188300341_30319496_125.jpg

n188300341_30319497_427.jpg

And one of him with taire before she chopped off her hair in 2006. She was entertaining him and trying to keep him from rolling after his bath:

n188300341_30134676_6848.jpg

OK K. that was very entertaining and educational. [ROTFL] SOme what strange but enlightening for stop signs and such. I will commend you for letting us see Taire with her pretty long hair in a silly position. Bet she would love it knowing she is on a thread bent over making faces. [ROTFL] So what does she look like now. Don't tell me she cut it off above her shoulders. I hate when gals have pretty long hair then just whack it off real short to save time. I know it takes too long when it is that long but it looks so nice darn it and not many gals let their hair get that long because of being professionals in the work place. I am relieved to hear Spots my man is good enough to travel. So what is the prognosis long tern on navicular I always thought that was the end of every thing? Edited by robertbel1

Thanks snowy!

Taire might grace us with a picture of her "after" haircut. She can't get too mad at me, I'm just her roommate. In her defense, she donated her hair to Lock of Love.

For the navicular, it depends on how far progressed it is. There are some different treatment options, and more are coming available with advances in technology and research. The most severe option is nerving, but that is usually a last resort. The process has greatly improved since it came around, but it is still frowned upon in many industries. We tried him in several different bar shoes, natural balance shoes, with and without different types of pads, injections and finally went barefoot. He's doing really well barefoot, much better than I ever thought he would. There's a possibility that he'll come back to w/t/c and some small jumps. He had a quarter crack in February 2006 when an abscess came out the coronary band instead of the sole, so that really affected him.

Really I just listen to him and see what he wants to do, along with all of my vets (this horse has better health care than my parents).

OK K. that was very entertaining and educational. [ROTFL] SOme what strange but enlightening for stop signs and such. I will commend you for letting us see Taire with her pretty long hair in a silly position. Bet she would love it knowing she is on a thread bent over making faces. [ROTFL] So what does she look like now. Don't tell me she cut it off above her shoulders. I hate when gals have pretty long hair then just whack it off real short to save time. I know it takes too long when it is that long but it looks so nice darn it and not many gals let their hair get that long because of being professionals in the work place. I am relieved to hear Spots my man is good enough to travel. So what is the prognosis long tern on navicular I always thought that was the end of every thing?

Oh, don't worry, she told me that she put the picture of me up. I actually had about 11 or 12 inches cut off and donated 10 inches to Locks of Love.

this picture was taken the day after I got it cut n1427130014_30006318_3804.jpg

taire I have heard of that and I think that was a very sweet and grand thing to do. Ya still look nuce and didn't get chopped to what I feared ya might so all ends well.Ha! Ya still loked still with Spots though. [ROTFL] Of course it wouldn't do for some one to catch me with my two the way I take on with them. They might lock me up.

K. I use to spend a lot of time on the horse forum as I am a firm believer in bare foot trim. In fact both mine were constantly breaking and cracking hooves. I quit calling my farrier and started doing some of the rounding and shaping with only a rasp every week or so. I also added Biotin supplement to their diet and they have not broke or cracked a hoof in so long now I can't remember so it does work.

Edited by robertbel1

I agree that Taire's tail is gorgeous. [ROTFL] Sorry Taire I am just in one of those silly winter moods.Ha! I just couldn't help myself. But I just noticed the time and need to go feed my ornery gals before the sun is down and it is colder. Catch every one later.

Edited by robertbel1

i haven't been able to get my hair that long since. Now that it's shorter, I get it cut more often because it gets too heavy. I'm a lazy hair cutter, it's a good year when I get my hair cut more than once or twice.

Alright ya pretty gals get out of bed the day is wasting and the horses need fed. [ROTFL]

First while I think of it, Taire what is the story of your name with the seperation between the letters? Fess up I won't tell. [ROTFL] Do you mind that I made Taire out of it?

Edited by robertbel1

What beautiful horses. Everyone has to have a job whether it's tattling or plotting. And your spotted horse isn't cranky just demanding the respect he deserves. You give those young upstarts an inch and they'll take a mile.

First, you may take the underscores out of my name, or you could just shorten it to T, I wouldn't mind. Now, the story behind my name, it's very long and complicated, so I'll get started with it. If you say it really fast "taire" it kind of sounds like Terri, which is my name.

Oh T just when I was all set for some thing mysterious and you make it easy and sense. So are you staying warm and not freezing like me? I moved to an old historic civil war town to watch over my Mother who was showing signs of dementia. Wasn't here a year and she had to be put in a nursing home for her own safety. Now I am living in a two story home built in 1890 to be close to her on the same street and she isn't there now. Ha! I am waiting for the economy to return so I can invest in a home with acreage for my two ornery horse. I hope it is back by next spring or summer.

Edited by robertbel1

I'm just sitting in my room waiting for K.Blue to come back. She's hauling her horses home today since winter break starts middle of next week. I promised to meet her at the barn in case her kids gave her any trouble. My side of the apartment stays a few degrees warmer than K.Blue's side so I don't have as much trouble staying warm as she does. I hope this economy turns out soon. I graduate in May and am going to need a job!