Sign in to follow this  
shadowsalty

Texas Peeps!

I know there is already a thread for Texas People but I think it might be easier if I start a new one for a couple questions that I have.

Next year I'll be going to college at Baylor in Waco, Hopefully. I was already accepted and it's my first choice and everything just have to figure out how to pay for it.

So I was just wondering, what are the average costs of board, lessons fees, training fees, etc around Tx. I mainly do eventing so that is really what I will be looking for is an event barn and trainer, or if not that Hunter/Jumper or Dressage. I just kind of want a general idea to know what I should be expecting, if I can afford it and whatnot. Also if there is any trainer or barn that you suggest please let me know!

Thanks a ton!

:)

I'm no help because I'm at a college in the boonies, so I pay $50 a month for board. I can basicly forget lessons, there's no one around here that teaches them.

If I remember correctly, Baylor has a rodeo team or some sort of equestian program. In which case, it would be best to look them up and try to contact the coordinater of that and see what they have to say. I talked to the head of the rodeo team here and walked out of his office with names and numbers of about 15 people that I could call for boarding. They can also get you in touch with other members/mentors of the program that would be willing to help you, people that know the area.

Other than that, I don't really have any other advice. Best of luck and enjoy Baylor, that's where my dad graduated from.

:smileywavey: