.Nightshade.

Spence Academy: Class Of 1895

Victoria held an eyebrow raised at Ben, still surprised by his odd behavior, especially as he just stood there after she had dismissed him. Putting her right elbow on the arm of the chair, she rested her fingers lightly against her cheek as she watched him. She could see by how he rubbed his neck he was feeling embarrassed now, which only made a small smirk grow onto her face.

"Oh yes, dear Jack," she replied to his question, her eyes pulling away from his handsome face as a girl giggled. Her smile fell immediately, not thrilled that this girl had drawn attention away from her. Her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at the girl, it nearly turned into a glare. But before Ben could see her rude facial expression, she lightened it and looked back at Ben with a passive look.

"I might as well get him out as well," she added, removing her elbow from the chair and stood slowly, smoothing out her dress as she did so.

Forgetting herself, Areta broke out giggling at the young man's incredulous tone. He sounded slightly amazed that she thought his singing was lovely, a little humored even. Areta immediately decided that she like this person, whomever he may be. In her mind, anyone who could laugh (albeit, inwardly) at himself like that was a good person to be around.

Regaining her composure, she glanced at him again, attempting to cool her features and look impassive, but she was unable to control her giggling. "Forgive me, I only meant to spare your feelings", she began, "for in fact your singing was everything you said, if not worse. But, what you lacked in tune you made up for in gusto, that is certain!"

Areta bit her lower lip slightly, cursing herself for not being able to come up with a witty remark. "Bullocks..." she muttered under her breath, gathering her hair up once again to braid. She toyed with the idea of asking him to walk back to the castle with her, but then dismissed it when she imagined her mother scolding her for being 'unladylike and too forward'.

Ava

After realizing her giggle was heard by the two students having a conversation, Ava suddenly dropped her glance. She felt her face turn a slight burgundy due to the slightly lingering gaze of the boy. She wondered what his name was and what he was like. She slowly lifted her head to observe the boy more, but was then distracted by the burning glare of the other girl next to him.

This bothered Ava slightly. She did not know the girl and was a bit peeved at the idea that she was staring so openly at her. She did not mean to offend anyone by her laugh, she really meant for only herself to hear it. It seemed to Ava that the girl was intimidated by her. But then this thought made Ava laugh hysterically inward. Why would someone so beautiful be intimidated by a little girl like her? Especially since she was the youngest here at Spence and probably the last one the boys would go after.

As Ava continued walking down the stairs, her thoughts turned back to the intriguing boy. She liked the fact that he didn't mind using fowl language. She had never swore in public before, but in her mind was a whole different story. Ava could not get the amazing gaze that emanated from his unusually colored eyes. She continued to replay the happenstance while she went looking fro breakfast.

Allister

After having his fair share of biscuits, Allister finished his conversation with Brigid and decided to head outside to find his hawk, Lena. The bird was a gift from his grandfather right before he passed away. Allister was only 10 at the time and has bonded with Lena since day one. He taught her how to carry things from one place to another, sort of like his own private mail carrier. But Allister also liked having her around to talk to and entertain himself. He always kept a special treat for her, mice. She absolutely adored the taste of the little rodents which occasionally found their way into Spence's halls.

Allister had written a letter for his sister earlier that week and was tying it to Lena's leg. Allister confided in his sister about most things in life. Since his father was always off on duty and his mother at one of her formal affairs, he and his sister were each other's companions. She was off at a different boarding school learning "proper etiquette" for the ladies of the day. To her it was just another description of ****. Allister always found himself smiling at his sister's jokes and stories of her days at her school and he told her his own as well.

Something caught his eye as he watched Lena fly off in the distance. Was it a girl or a ghost? He could not tell. What ever it was it was heading to the stables. Allister decided, since he had nothing better to do, to go and see what this illusion had in store for him.

I'll join!!!

Name Alec Ben Hoovenier

Appearance: has a scar-looking birth mark across his left eyelid, and it seems to draw attention. stands at 5'11", is quick and agile. doesn't shave too often, so he has scruff. brown long hair to about a little above his shoulders.

Personality: can I develop it?

History: never had a dad, moved alot, blah blah blah, big *** story he tells no one.

Other:

-Animal Stats-

Name: Hunter

Species: dog

Breed: blue heeler

Color:blue

Other:

sorry, I can't post pics :( stupid parental controls...

I'll wait for nightshade to reply to my pm before I post.

OOC: sorry it's a double post, I've waited three days...

BIC: "There you go, nice perre!" Alec's fencing master told him. It was a duel, and they had yet to get to First Blood. It had been an hour, and they were both exhuasted and annoyed by Hunter, who was barking uncontrolably. "Okay, let's stop here," Alec dropped his guard, relieved. "You are dismissed."

"i will stick around, Hunter has been wating for a stick to chase." Alec glanced at the dog, who was staring at the sky as if a stick will suddenly come out. Alec doubled over, gasping for air. Fencing for an hour like that can wear someone out.

"Okay, but don't be too long, my friend. Everyone needs to eat sometime. You are going to starve yourself if you keep this up." Alec rolled his eyes, hoping that he didn't see.

OOC: Gahh, sorry I've been gone for so long...I've been really busy and had no muse when I tried to post. Is everyone still here to keep this going or is it too late? :confused0024:

[[Just keeping them short and sweet until things really get going again.]]

Allowing her nimble feet to carry her delicate form ever closer to the barn, Cadence took a quick glance behind her to see if anyone else was around. Dark eyes landed upon a boy that was quite a ways back, but they did not spy anyone else. Ducking inside the small side door to the stable, she breathed in the heavy scent of horses and hay as her eyes slowly adjusted to the dim lighting.

-----------------

"Then maybe I shall see you outside," Ben said somewhat dismissively to Victoria with a small, polite smile. He turned his lean body around and walked towards the doors that would lead him away from the large room. Moving through the doors with a slow grace, he followed the hallway around and ascended the stairs until he reached his room and a very happy canine companion.

Edited by .Nightshade.

Not sure where I left off in here...hm....I shall go look! And attempt to post, though my brain is fried after exams lol

When Ben dismissed himself quickly and without much warning, Victoria's pretty little face fell and she watched as he hurried away. She huffed out a bothered sigh and then pulled her skirt up enough to where she could walk without tripping, yet not enough to show any part of her small feet or ankles. She didn't really need to go get her dog, he managed very well in the room for long hours at a time. It would be nice to let him loose for a while, though.

Trudging up the stairs, she headed up to her room, her eyebrows furrowed a little as she was frustrated by how she had been dismissed so casually. Hopefully Jack would get that off her mind and calm her a bit. Reaching her room, she opened the door, not having to search long to find the fluffy companion.

"Hey Jackie," she said soothingly, picking up the happy pup and holding him close to her body in one arm. Petting him with the other, she walked out of the door and then shut it. Walking down the stairs again, this time slower, she wandered carefully as she thought of where to take the dog.

----

Deciding he might as well head back inside, Rylan found the path that wove it's way back towards the grand front doors, knowing he would find something of interest in the school. There were people outside, but none of them seemed very into the idea of making a casual conversation with him. Hands in his pockets, he looked down, his wild red hair blowing in whatever direction it pleased. He felt a bit lonely, but had to keep his spirits up since it was only the morning. That didn't mean the rest of the day was going to be so boring too.

Watching the girl collapse into giggles, a wide grin broke across Tristan's face and a moment later he began to chuckle as well, amused by Areta's amusement, "Don't worry about my feelings, my ego is abnormally large and I'm told that it could stand to take a beating every once in awhile," Tristan told her with a grin. "In any case, I'm glad that you enjoyed my gustful rendition of Hallelujah," He nodded. Tristan often made up words, playing with language so that it suited his cheery and random personality, a fact that frequently annoyed the teachers at the Academy.

As he heard the girl swear, Tristan's smile only grew. A girl that swore was definitely not the dull unimaginitive sort of person that Spence seemed to collect. "Do you have a name or are you going to play Rumplestiltskin and make me guess?"

---

In the library, No?lle's book tumbled from her head for what felt like the millionth time, the cover hitting the hard oak floors with a resounding smack that echoed through the empy library, startling the timid girl even though it had happened several times already. Disheartened by her inability to curtsy just right, something that No?lle was absolutely positive would get her expelled from Spence Academy which was sure to cause her grandmother to disown her. She would be stuck cleaning or cooking or having babies or whatever people in the lower classes did.

No?lle pressed her lips together and shoved the book back onto the shelf then slowly headed towards the door. Her face pink from her efforts in the library, the fragile girl straightened her defeated posture and pulled the heavy library door open. Slipping back into the hallway, No?lle started towards the dining room for breakfast, hoping that a cup of tea would make things better.

After Hunter had his fill, Alec took him to his room. "Don't worry, Hunter. I will be back soon." Hunter has been very attatched to Alec for a couple years now, and it started when he went on a trip to the New World. He didn't stay, he couldn't live without Hunter.

Alec changed into a more formittable outfit for being seen in public. He has been known as a gentleman here at Spence, even if that word doesn't exactly match his personality.

Alec hasn't eaten since breakfast yesterday, so he was eager to get some. the short distance from his room to the food seemed longer than it was. HE loaded his plate untill he had trouble keeping food on it. he could barely find his tea. He isn't a fan of tea, it's more of a looks kind ofd thing for him.

Gah, sorry for this horribly horrible post, my brain isn't functioning lol.

Areta looked at the laughing man in front of her, still laughing along with him at his comments--he seemed to be quite full of himself, but she liked it. Usually, she hated these types of people, but he had piqued her curiosity, and now she was hooked.

Smoothing the front pleats of her dress, she thought for a moment about whether or not she should tell him her name. If she did, she did...But she wanted to play with him for a moment, to see if he really was the type of person she thought he was. "Well, I'll give you a hint; it's not Caspar, Melchior, or Balthazar...." she said, her voice trailing off into the air. She began walking back towards the path; her stomach had reminded her that she hadn't yet broken her fast, and she was famished. Glancing back slightly over her shoulder, she hoped to see the red headed man following her.

After her eyes had adjusted to the low light, Cadence slowly moved down the center aisle, greeting each horse as she passed them. Most of them returned her hellos with small nickers of their own, but she mused that it was probably just because they were anticipated being fed. Her legs slowly carried her to the last stall on the left at the very end of the barn, where her beloved equine companion spent most of his days.

The huge black gelding stuck his head out of the stall immediately upon her arrival, emitting a loud series of nickers and low grunts. Most horses were not this enthusiastic about their owners, but Rowan had always been very active with people. A large smile lit up Cadence's face as she reached her delicate hand out and rubbed the gelding between his dark eyes. Rowan reached his muzzle out towards her and nibbled at one of her dark curls, eliciting a small laugh from his owner.

-----------------

Ben had barely gotten his bedroom door closed when he was nearly knocked into the wall by his dog. Skye had wasted no time in jumping from the bed and bounding over to the door to deliver an excited greeting to his owner, practically climbing on top of him in the process. Ben laughed softly and placed the husky's front feet back on the ground, scratching the exuberant dog to calm him down. He loved Skye to death, but the dog just had no idea how big or strong he really was. He had succeded many times in knocking Ben's smaller, more delicate sister completely to the floor when he got too excited.

Reaching his hand out to grab the dark leather leash that hung by the door, Ben quickly clipped it onto the metal ring of Skye's collar and wasted no time in getting the dog out the door. It had been a while since the big husky had played outside for a decent amount of time; Skye was obviously very excited about this prospect, and Ben had to keep quite a tight hold on the leash to keep the dog from bowling over everyone in his path to the door that led to the grounds.

Edited by .Nightshade.

ATTENTION, STUDENTS
Spence Academy is proud to announce that we will be holding our annual Summer Ball this Friday evening, June 15, in the Ballroom in the east wing of the castle. It will begin promptly at 7:00 in the evening and end at midnight. Only Spence students may attend, and formal attire is required. It is our hope that this will bring students together and help to become acquainted with one another.

(( We'll say that today is June 14th, so the ball is tomorrow night, whenever that comes ))
Edited by .Nightshade.

After making his way to the stables, Allister peaked his head around the corner, hoping to see what he thought was a girl. What he saw was much much more. The pale skinned, dark haired girl seemed to look like an angel in Allister's eyes. He was not used to feeling this way about anyone. He was, in fact, known for playing hard to get and most people were a afraid of him. But he could not stop looking at her. She seemed to have a strange connection with her horse, one of absolute magnitude. It made him angry how much love she shared between her animal, a relationship he so much longed for from his father. He decided to try and sneak up and surprise her and hopefully he wouldn't look like a bafoon. His primary goal was to determine if she was a girl he could open up to or if she was just like the majority of girls here at the academy. Allister silently idled to the opposite side of the girl and with his deep voice spoke, "So I see you're one of those girls who digs horses in place of boys"...

When she saw how crowded the dining hall was getting, Ava quickly finished her breakfast and darted out the door. She was not ready to start the small talk just yet. She breathed in the crisp morning air. She could definitely get used to this. She didn't have enough time to ride Maverick this morning so she decided to take a walk and read her latest letter from her brother, Emerson. She headed east and pulled out the piece of parchment.

Dearest Ava,

I was so excited when I heard of your acceptance to Spence Academy! Mother and Father must be so proud of you. I'll bet you will put everyone to shame with your ridiculous amount of knowledge. I swear I have no idea how you fit it all in your tiny little head. I miss you dearly, sister. The Indian heat is making me wish I was with you in England. We are leaving Bombay tomorrow to meet a troupe of soldiers in the desert. They have run out of supplies and we must go to their rescue. I have been promoted to Commander for my duties done in here in India. My commanding officer said I am to be honored by the Queen herself. I will be sure to ask if you can come along. I am sorry I cannot write you more, but time is very limited these days. I hope to hear from you soon, please tell me everything. And let me know if I must come and discard of any boys trying to gain your fancy, for I will gladly do so!

With all of my love, your brother,

Emerson

Ava folded the letter and wiped a tear from her eye. She was happy that her brother got promoted, but that meant that he would have to serve longer. She was constantly worried about his safety, and all of her brothers' safety. She stopped on the edge of the path and said a quick prayer for all of them to come home alive and well.

The only indication that led Cadence to guess that there was someone else in the barn was because of Rowan; she could see the gelding's dark eyes focusing on another person slightly behind her, but she did not move a muscle. Unlike most girls, Cadence was not afraid of the unknown and did not get startled easily. Upon hearing the deep voice just beside her, a small smirk slipped it's way onto her face. So he had been trying to scare her, had he?

Cadence waited a moment before she spoke and continued to gently stroke the side of Rowan's face. And when she did speak, her eyes did not falter towards her new acquaintance and her face did not betray any emotion, save for a slight raising of one of her dark eyebrows.

"Horses do not lie, trick, or cheat. A horse will never betray you or lead you into thinking things that are not true. These are qualities that, in my experience, all men seem to possess and exhibit. Any smart woman would do well to choose the company of a horse to that of a man."

HA! Allister could not contain his foolish looking grin. "Did she really just say that?" he thought to himself, "She may very well be different." He walked toward the girl keeping his eyes on the horse. "These must have been boys pretending to be men, for real men do not play with such emotions," he stated aloud. He turned to try to get a better look at the girl, but she did not take her face off of the animal. She smelled like wildflowers, ones that his mother would use as decor for one of her parties. "And any woman who wishes to live with her horse for the rest of her life will soon long for a different kind of comfort no horse, or any beast for that matter, can give." Allister kept to his regular personality. He would not open up to her until he knew for certain she was different. Hopefully, she would not be offended but intrigued as to why he was the way he acted.

After Alec finished the heaping plate of food and tea, he ran back up to his room. stopping shortto see a box. picking it up and opening the door in one quick motion, it wasn't long until Hunter ran around the corner and, to his suprise, he looked angry. "You know, Hunter, I cannot take you everywhere I go," Alec said in his smooth and steady voice.

Hunter perked up and started jumping around. Alec snagged the knife, unsheathed it and cut the box open in one swift motion. Alec enjoyed the feeling of doing that kind of thing in one stroke. he let a grin appear on his face when he saw what was inside.

Dear Alec Ben Hoovenier,

You have been excepted into the USFA grouping here at Spence Academy. We were delighted to except you with your information on compititions. As an exceptance bonus, you are awarded a hand-forged newly made Sabre.

signed,

All from USFA

Keeping her dark eyes on her horse's face as the deep voice continued speaking to her, a smirk crept back onto Cadence's delicate face. Of course he would say that, she thought somewhat cynically. He's probably just like the rest of them. She had fleetingly wished that what he had said about real men was true, though.

Throughout all of this, the girl grew curious as to what this boy looked like. Turning her head slightly to the side, her eyes searched for his face and widened quite measurably when she finally found it to be nearly a foot above her own. Although distracted momentarily by his large stature, Cadence did not find herself feeling scared or nervous. Simply curious.

The low lights illuminated his crystal blue eyes and made his lightly tanned skin glow with a warmth that was beautiful in a strange way. He was quite handsome, but Cadence blocked this fact out of her mind as she remembered their previous conversation.

"And I presume you count yourself among these 'real men', do you?" she said, placing emphasis on "real men". Her dark eyebrows raised slightly over violet-blue eyes, she was curious as to what he would come up to answer her with this time.

-----------------

Thankfully, Ben had been able to contain his dog's massive amount of energy throughout most of their journey to the front door of the castle, but this was in part due to the fact that they had not come across anyone else. At long last, the huge double doors were in sight at the end of the very long main hallway. Ben loosened Skye's leash a tad since they were almost out of the castle; he did not expect to run into anyone during their short walk down the hallway.

But alas, their solitude did not last for long. A very petite blonde girl wearing a navy blue dress exited the library about ten feet in front of them and continued down the hallway. Ben went to grab for Skye's collar, but he was a fraction of a second too late; the large husky was already making his way towards the girl at a growing speed with the leather leash dragging behind him, his loud barks echoing through the hallway as if it were a tunnel. Ben knew that Skye would never hurt anyone and that he was just excited to see another person, but this is where the dog's ignorance of his large size came into account; the dog had no idea that he could do serious damage to the small girl by simply jumping on her to give her a greeting.

Lurching forward after the dog, Ben knew that he would not make it in time to save any damage that Skye could accidentally deal to the girl or her pretty dress, but he could at least try and keep her from getting scared to death by the large husky.

Edited by .Nightshade.

After Ava opened her eyes, she spotted something in her peripheral vision. It was like a flash of fire floating around in the air. Ava quickly turned to see this strange anomaly, only to find it was a boy walking back towards Spence. "How exciting it must be to have such an unusual hair color!" she thought to herself. Ava stood there in the path waiting for him to come slightly closer to she could examine him more thoroughly. She wondered if his fiery hair would depict a fiery personality. She made a mental note to watch him closely. Ava wandered towards a tree on the side of the path. Maybe then it wouldn't look as obvious that she was watching the boy. She wondered what his name was...

-------------

Allister held back a gasp when he saw the girl glance up at him. Her eyes were a strange violet color. This was something he was not expecting. He regained his composure and thought carefully before he answered her next question. She seemed to be different, a little too shy, but maybe she is a little like himself, afraid to show her true self. Allister decided to take a risk and "introduce" himself. "I do not claim to be anything but myself. And who that may be is a complete mystery to most, especially around here, and sometimes even to myself. My mother would probably tell you I am a sweet boy who loves to hunt, my sister would tell you I am a sucker for romance novels, but a great man none the less... she is a little biased though, since I am her brother, and my father... Well to be honest my father might be able to tell you my name, if he remembers it." He paused, should he go on explaining his true identity, or put on the mask again? "I am curious, madam, about why you judge my sex so harshly. I must remind you that your kind are known for their trickery and sly tongue." He hoped she would not take offense to this, but realize that he meant not all women are deceitful, and not all men cheat.

"You know, I thought for sure you were a Balthazar..." Tristan grinned as he took a few long steps to walk alongside Areta as they made their way back into the school. As they walked, he furrowed his brow in thought. "Well you're obviously not a bloke, so that rules out about half my options. And you're a bit too unique to be an Elizabeth or Victoria. You're not pale enough to be a Blanche and not plain enough to be a Gertrude. Agnes is too ugly..." Tristan went through the names he commonly heard around the school, before stopping to look her over critically, "It's something interesting, perhaps a bit foreign... Perhaps Isolde?" (haha, sorry, couldn't resist!)

---

No?lle walked demurely down the hall with her eyes trained straight in front of her until she heard the bark of a dog behind her. Startled, she jumped and glanced behind her only to see a sight that made her freeze in fear. The animal that had barked bore little resemblence to the fox hounds at her grandparents' estate, it looked like a wolf. And it was barreling right towards her. No?lle backed away slowly, looking for a room with a solid door that she could put between herself and this wild beast. No rooms were close enough and simply running wouldn't do her any good, the dog was too fast and her corset too tight to allow anything more than a quick walk.

She felt the solidity of a wall behind her and resigned herself to an untimely death at the hands, or paws, or this wolflike animal. With the animal several feet away, No?lle closed her eyes and sent up a silent prayer that her death would be fast and painless. Her heart raced as she waited, her breath came rapidly and she soon found herself gasping for breath. And then, just as the dog was about to leap up to greet her, No?lle fainted and collapsed in a neat pile on the marble floors.

Edited by Just_Ducky

Keeping her dark eyes on the lad's face as he explained, Cadence noticed that he certainly talked quite a bit. That could be either a blessing or a curse, but it was too early for her to tell which case this was yet. She pitied the young man a bit for what he had said about his father and guessed that he had been estranged from him as a child. She decided to save that topic for a later date and went back to the conversation at hand.

"Well, that was a nice little speech, but I've heard things like that before," Cadence said, a smirk crossing her features for a moment. She felt a small amount of guilt sweep over her for being so bitter towards the young man, but she had not had any good experiences with men in the past, so why would this one be any different? She would just have to give him time to show her that he was different, because she knew that she wouldn't believe what he said just yet. Actions do, after all, speak louder than words.

"I have had bad experiences with men in the past," she stated simply, turning back to Rowan and stroking the horse gently on the cheek. she hoped that was enough signal that she didn't want to talk about it anymore. "So what might your name be?"

----------------

A few strong feelings passed over Ben's body as he watched the girl place her back against the wall and slide down, somehow ending up lying unconscious on the floor. Relief, because Skye had not gotten the chance to jump on her; Anger, because his dog had acted so wildly; Embarassment, because he had lost control of Skye; but the most prominent and lingering emotion was a mix of horror and fear for the girl's well-being.

Ben dropped down onto the floor beside the frail girl and pushed Skye away, who had been sniffing her and whimpering lightly as if in apology for scaring her. "Oh, God..." he muttered, looking back and forth down the hallways, seeing if any aid was nearby. Seeing none, he scooped the petite girl up into his arms, surprised at how light she was, and took her into a nearby sitting room. He left the large door open so that nobody would assume anything inappropriate was going on and gently layed her down on a red velvet couch sitting in the middle of the room. The room was quite warm due to the small fireplace that was lit on the side wall of the room, and Ben quickly wondered who had been previously using the room and what for.

Musing about that last thought, Ben quickly left the room and jogged to the kitchen to grab a bowl of cool water and a rag. Ignoring Brigid's protests, he snagged what he needed and headed back to the small room. He kneeled down on the hardwood floor by the girl's head and gently placed the cool, damp rag on her forehead, hoping that this would help to rouse her. Skye layed down next to him, the husky's energy seemingly depleted for the moment. That was slightly odd as well, but the dog had always been sensitive to people's emotions and usually acted accordingly.

Feeling a cool dampness on her forehead, No?lle slowly came too, gasping for air as she regained consciousness. The room was warm and she heard a fire crackling and poping as her eyes fluttered open. Her pale blue eyes grew wider as she took in the dog and the young man that kneeled over her, the only other person in the room. There was no chaperone and the whole situation, regardless of the open door, was entirely inappropriate. No?lle opened her mouth to protest, but coughed instead as she tried to fill her lungs.

No?lle settled for merely shrinking away from his touch. She has always been told that a young lady should be near a young man unless accompanied by an appropriate escort. And here she was, with a young man but no chaperone. No?lle had never been told what to do in such circumstances, she had no idea how to remedy the situation. So she merely stared up at the boy, waiting for him to make the next move as her pale cheeks began to regain what little color they had had.

Anxiously watching the petite girl's face as she lay on the couch, Ben breathed a sigh of relief as she came to. He watched silently, puzzled, as she shrank away from him as though she was afraid of him. With a quick glance around the room, he finally realized how inappropriate this situation would be if they were seen by anyone, and this was obviously what had the girl so nervous.

Placing his hands in front of him in an I-mean-you-no-harm-and-am-not-going-to-touch-you-again (hahah) type of gesture, Ben slowly stood up and backed away from her until he was a few feet away. He genuinely did not mean to scare the girl and had not been thinking straight when he had brought her into the room; he had simply wanted her to be comfortable and safe.

"I'm terribly sorry if I made you uncomfortable, but Skye was running at you and you...you fainted," he said, shrugging his shoulders lightly. He gestured over to his husky, who had moved over to the girl's side and was looking up at her with his crystal blue puppy-dog eyes. The side of Ben's mouth curved upwards in a half-smile, he tried to show the girl that the situation was indeed innocent and had been for her own benefit.

Edited by .Nightshade.