Sign in to follow this  
sjohnson9206

Peanut Aka Hez Totally Majestic

Pretty Mare.....

Glad to hear she's prego. Should be interesting. I had a colt born 3(this July will be 4) years ago, and he was solid. Mom was a sorrel and white paint mare, dad was a loud appy. Still nothing from him. I did notice one white spot on his front leg a couple weeks ago, and he has some white flecks on his rump in the summer. But no spots.

ANYWHO..... Cute Mare.... {{{HFV}}}

[smiley Wavey]

Talk about surprises all around this foal will be very exciting to see indeed. Congratulations on a nice looking mare in-foal, she does hide it rather well. I can see where it could have gone either way chunky or pregnant. I do hope you get loads of spots though and have to think of a name other then SNS, you just never know.

Allie is still doing good.. Hubby decided to start working on the stall yesterday when he got home and after 2 loads from the stall the ground had fully unfrozen. So this morning he gets to figure out how to take out the last 2 loads without ripping up the yard.

After he gets that done he's replacing some of the bottom boards and then backfilling with the lime gravelly stuff. I told him last night he better get started on it as the outside cats are starting to use the gravel pile as a litterbox.

Then I suspect that he'll wait until I get home to pull in the matts and spread Allie's last batch of sawdust for awhile. Allie will be pleased as she was pretty ticked last night that her stall wasn't open.

Hubby did come up with a name for the foal after all this hoopla on her pregnancy. Allie's registered name is Totally Unanimous. He wants to name the foal Totally Undecided. [ROTFL] I can't check to see if the name is available as I haven't paid my membership yet :ashamed0002:

Anywho, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

That'a would kinda be a cute name, Totally Undecided. hehehe! I hope all goes well getting Allie's stall ready. {{{{{HFV}}}}}

During her morning feed I did the nail test. I used a bent nail while my husband was laughin at me telling me that this was an old wives tale that wouldn't work. "Kinda like witchin water"

Anywho, it says colt I guess, the nail moved back and forth only, no circles. "Maybe she's breathing..", direct quote from hubby as I'm typing this. Well, we've only got a few more weeks to see.

hehehe! Silly hubby! How can breath move a nail in a circle or back and forth? hehehe!

{{{{{HFV}}}}}

Well, I don't have any new pics to share yet, but Allie is definitely looking pregnant. Her bag is coming along, and she's all sorts of relaxed in the hoohoo.. I'll try and clean her up tomorrow and take some pics.

On Saturday I was laughing a little at her expense as she kept trying to pee and looked at me like mom, why can't I go.. Her belly was just bouncing around from the baby stretching.

LOL That would be interesting to see. Spiffy has no trouble peeing, but of course baby has kinda mellowed out. hehe! Hope to see update pics soon!

{{{{{HFV}}}}}

Here are some pics from tonight. She didn't get all the way cleaned up as it was starting to get dark. Her legs were done after the pics were taken.

IMG_0495_11.jpg

IMG_0496_10.jpg

IMG_0500_6.jpg

IMG_0499_7.jpg

IMG_0498_8.jpg

IMG_0502_4.jpg

She looks great! Can't really tell she's prego until you get to the woohoo and udder shots. Sendin' ya {{{{{HFV}}}}}!!!!

Can't wait to see what you get!

Allie is gorgeous, even without having any spots! Is she ride-able or will you have to train her after the baby?

I bet after the baby and she gets in shape and toned with some muscle she is going to be a real looker!

What are your plans for Allie and the baby?

Won't be long and you'll have a bouncing baby!! Going by her bag and teats, looks like she still has a little while to go, but some mares don't get bagged up and full teats until right before they give birth or right after they give birth. I had one mare that didn't get a bag or milk until a few hours after giving birth, then she looked like she was a milk cow! It was shocking because her bag didn't even get as big as what your Allie's bag and teats look like right now, and a few hours after giving birth her bag and teats were HUGE and she was squirting and dripping milk every time she moved. We were really worried as this was her first foal for us, but it was not her first foal, she had 8 foals before we got her. I even kept in touch with my vet about her lack of udder and no milk and thought I was going to have to end up bottle feeding the foal and have the vet give the foal frozen colostrum or plasma.

I noticed that Allie is Impressive bred on her top and bottom sides. And that her grandsire on her sire's side (top side), Totally Impressed, is HYPP N/H.

Has Allie been checked for HYPP? If not might want to get her tested as well as the foal.

You can see in the recent pictures that she is getting soft around the tail head and butt is starting to slope off. And her vulva looks like its starting to elongate.

Spiffy~I'm pretty sure you can say vulva on the foal watch board instead of woohoo, unless your just uncomfortable to say/type that word. hehe

I like the registered name Totally Undecided, hehe. Could call the baby "Indy" for barn name. For a registered name do y'all want to stick with using names from the foal-to-be's pedigree?

I thought of some registered names, I'm not good at thinking up registered or barn names, but I still like to think up names. Trying to find the perfect registered name or barn name can be fun and exciting to a big headache, lol.

Totally Awesome

Totally Fabulous (I think there is a AQHA with this name though, so not sure how that works)

Totally Spotless (cute and could work even if the baby has spots or is varnish colored. If the baby is appaloosa colored, you could say that the foal is spotless as in super clean and not dirty)

Totally Obsessed

Totally Thrilled

Totally King (Queen)

Totally Princess (or Prince)

Totally A Princess (or Prince)

Totally The Princess (or Prince)

Totally Obsessed Ta Impress (might have to run it together if that is too many spaces/letters and have it TotallyObsessedToImpress) (can use "ta" or "to")

Totally Dreaming

Totally Hollywood

Heza Total King

Shes Totally Spotted

Hes Totally Spotted

Will Spot Ya (barn name Willy or Will

Sheza Total Dream

Heza Total Dream

Total Bar Fly

For barn/call names, do y'all want a horse name or people name? Or use a name from his/her registered name?

Barn Names:

Jigsaw Puzzle (J.P. or Jigs for short?)

Penny

Dreamer

Beau

Mighty

Hollywood

Woody

Prince

Princess

King

Leo

Spirit

[ROTFL] [ROTFL] Alleyway, you're awesome!! When we name an animal we keep a list of names and then after a few days of being with the animal choose, so these will definitely go on the list. I know I checked a few of them and the ones I wanted were Totally Majestic and Totally Spotless, but they've both been taken. I haven't paid my ApHC dues yet :ashamed0002: so I can't do name searches to see what's taken and what's not.

As for HYPP, I know, it scares the crap out of me. I asked the former owners and "she never gave a reason to be worried so they never tested". [bang Head] I've been waiting until the foal hits the ground to steal some hair and send it in.

Allie is broke and a pretty fun ride. She just needs miles which I'm going to be happy to put on her. My plan for her really isn't much, it all depends on how she does in her finishing out. Right now, I just want to trail on her and get used to each other. If I can get access to an arena we will work on rail and all that fun jazz... and maybe I'll take her to local shows. The baby, I have no clue. The foal was a bonus when I bought Allie (well I would have preferred if she hadn't been in foal, but cest la vie) so we'll see what he/she is like.

Alleyway: I know we can say vuvla. I just think it's kinda fun to say woohoo! I'm just a bit weird though. hehehehe! I do like those names you thought up.

Apps: So you got a 2 for 1 deal with Allie, huh? I'd say that's a good deal! hehe!

Poor Allie, the baby was messing with her bad last night. She had gas so bad and had to roll a lot to move it around the baby. After about 20 minutes of laying down and rolling she was back to normal at the hay bale.

She is so tired, and so lovey. We had our roommate feed her over the weekend and he said she just wanted lovins instead of her grain. This is a total difference to the mare that would run you over for grain when we first got her. We went in the stall with her last night when she was laying down to give her some scratchies and she was just done. Jim leaned down to listen to her belly and she sniffed and nickered at him like, please help get this thing out of me.

She still has a way to go on her bag and her hoohoo, 13 more days to 340 anyway.

Spiffy was like that too. She'd look at me and it looked like she was saying, 'Mom help get this thing out!' hehehe! She sounds like she movin' right along. Any pics for us??

I'm going to clean her up tonight and get some pics. I want to wash her up a little as she's getting sume muck around her teats.. that and I'm spreading straw tonight I think.

Okay, I'll be waiting for pics then!!!!

I know about the washing thing. I'm gonna get Drifter out and give him a bath since we are getting into the 80's today. I'm also gonna do momma's feet, they're looking like they need to be trimmed a bit.

When you mentioned the feet it reminded my that my new farrier is coming out on Saturday. I hope Allie isn't her farting, pooping self for the farrier. :sick:

Don't know about the farting and pooping, but he's gonna have trouble doing her back feet! I did Spiffy's like a month before she was due and she gave me the hardest time trying to do them back feet. I had to let her have the foot I was working on so she could move the baby then pick it up and finish. They won't be perfect either. They'll be some spots that he may not beable to get just right, but as long as the 'kinda' get done.

{{{{{HFV}}}}}

I also did Drifter's feet too, after he was dry.

Well, today is day 334 for Allie, she doesn't have much longer. The weather was getting crappy and I was running late tonight so no pics. She's really relaxed and she's getting really mushy around her tail head. Her bag has shrunk a little I think and it has little pouches around her nipples. She's super sensative now on her nipps and doesn't like me touching them anymore. The baby didn't seem to be bugging her too much tonight, but she's still really antsy.

I'll try and take pics tomorrow.

I hope that storm doesn't hit you too hard! I had it earlier today and I was glad to see it leave.

{{{{{HFV}}}}}

I hope that storm doesn't hit you too hard! I had it earlier today and I was glad to see it leave.

{{{{{HFV}}}}}

It looks like we got some good rain last night, but I'm such a heavy sleeper I don't know how bad the storm was. It's supposed to clear up for the afternoon, so we'll see just how bad this week of rain is supposed to be.

Quick question for you all out there.. Allie has had some soft poo for the last week. I mean it's not a splat, but it's not manure balls either. I've added Alfalfa hay to her diet and I've been upping her beet pulp based concentrate as she still seems to be losing weight (I know a thin horse is better than a fat one). She's getting plenty of water about 20-30 gallons a day. Her concentrate does have probios in it.

Help?