Sign in to follow this  
sjohnson9206

Peanut Aka Hez Totally Majestic

I believe its normal for pregnant mares to get "cow patties" before giving birth. Maybe it means she is closer?

Sorry I am no help. I am new to Allie's little watch but she is a beautiful mare and I hope you get to get pictures of her giving birth.

I hope the storm lost some of it's severity before it got to you. I would have slept through it too, if it hadn't been during the day!

The soft stools could be from her diet or she could be really close! Just keep us updated and we need some pics of your girl!

{{{{{HFV}}}}}

I feel bad posting pics of her because no matter how long I brush her she is just so dirty that only a bath will help. I'm not sure how she is with water so I don't want to get her all worked up a week before she's due. That and I'm a little ashamed that she's lost so much weight on her ribs. I know she's not that bad, but still.. she's had food shoved in front of her, but I still can't get it back on her. Dang baby.

I'll take pics tonight, weather and light permitting.

LOL... I did post pics of her feet on the hoof forum. [ROTFL]

Don't worry, Spiffy needs a bath in such a bad way and I really can't give her one. For one I'd have to wash her in the barnlot, which is a mud pit right now, and for two I have to wait till the rain stops coming my way! We don't mind muddy or dirty horse pics, just pics so we can help you see any differences in her! We will hold nothing against you as we know you are doing your best!

{{{{{HFV}}}}}

Edited by SpiffyGrl

OK, so I just decided not to even try and brush her tonight.. she wasn't that bad. Please don't report me. :happy0203:

Here's the greeting from the hay pile.. mom, do I get my grain now?

IMG_0002_10.jpg

You're taking my pics.. can I see?

IMG_0004_8.jpg

And here's a rib and belly shot

IMG_0005_7.jpg

Here's the booty

IMG_0010_6.jpg

IMG_0011_5.jpg

And her bag - see what I mean about the pouching?

IMG_0013_3.jpg

IMG_0014_2.jpg

Her hoohoo

IMG_0015_1.jpg

And the unhappy, mom, you're disturbing my meal face

IMG_0012_4.jpg

She's not skinny, she looks awesome. Keep in mind she'll look like she's lost weight, when she starts to drop, it pulls down, so it makes a mare look skinny with a large belly.

She looks great.

[smiley Wavey]

She's not that dirty or skinny looking! If you wanna see a dirty horse, let me go take a pic of Tawnie the Super Mutt! hehehe!

I agree that when she gets closer the baby will pull down and make her look rangey, so don't worry too much she'll get her figure back! Just keep us updated.

Allie look a little different to me at the moment. She looks a little less relaxed, and her belly doesn't look as round? Her bag is still developing though. Maybe I'm just getting used to her preggers state. She definitely has less tail control and is having a heck of a time getting it out of the way for #2. I'll do pics tonight as I have to run to work.

Here are some new pics of Allie before I put her blanket on her. It's freaking cold and windy here today.. and it's supposed to be 60 tomorrow. Spring. [bang Head]

Different Side Pics

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Bag Pics

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

HooHoo pic.. I seriously think she's regressing

IMG_0005.jpg

Appy4life,

Looks like you can have the name"Striker" if you want it! [Jump] They are going to name the other foal Lightning. Hope your girl goes when it warms up a bit. Of course 60 degrees sounds rather warm to me right now. Its snowing like crazy here and already have 2 inches on the ground.

I think she looks good! [Huggy]

AD

thanks everyone.. still no real change from yesterday.. other than her poo has gotten soft again :confused0024: and there's a lot of it (she's also getting a ton of food)

I'm feeling better about how she looks now, thanks! I think after she was getting more alfalfa that helped too. Now if we could just produce a baby. I have a wedding shower in MI this Sunday that I'm expected at so she needs to foal early this week for my travel plans!

Still no real changes for today. Her bag may be a little more filled up, but :confused0024: maybe not.

Hubby and I think she's got about a week left, but she could surprise us. At this point we're actually making plans to stay here in Indiana for the weekend instead of going to Michigan. I feel bad, but I did warn the family that this could happen.

Well, Allie is still pregnant, and she definitely has some days to go. Her bag is still getting fuller, but her teats are still small. I ended up french braiding her tail last night as she just can't get her tail out of the way anymore. The weather is at least turning nice, but we still have rain. I'll try and do pics tonight.

Here are pics from tonight.. any guess as to when she'll go? I'll send out a prize.

In the nasty drylot that's not dry

IMG_0014.jpg

Look at my pretty head

IMG_0024.jpg

A side shot

IMG_0028.jpg

Bag shot

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Hoohoo shot

IMG_0027.jpg

and finally.. the irritated face of mom.. are you done?

IMG_0029.jpg

Edited by Apps4Life

Yeah, I second the front end shot. Can't see much from the side shot you took. She does have a purdy head though!

{{{{{HFV}}}}}

I'll take the front shot tomorrow.. I think the worst of her head shots got loaded.. I had some nicer ones, but PB didn't want to cooperate.. so that's what I had. It is still pretty, but not the most complimentary angle.. Didn't you see the last pic.. she was saying always shoot from my right side... my right side you idiot owner!

OK, I took some pics this morning.. I didn't get a front shot as hubby gave her her grain while I was taking care of Misty, so I missed that opportunity. Anyway.. here are some unflattering shots of her while she's dirty.

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

For reference.. this is what she looked like in the fall.

10-12-08-Profile.jpg

The baby was kicking this morning.. it's good to see him moving around as it's been a couple days.

Edited by Apps4Life