Sign in to follow this  
sjohnson9206

Peanut Aka Hez Totally Majestic

Definitely 343.. we weren't sure for the longest time that she was pregnant as she had a small belly. We thought it was a hay baby for awhile.

Aw she is still pretty, dirt and all. (:

I agrea.. I would think she was just over weight lol.

HFV!

She looked super fit before. In Good Shape, But being over due, i'd expect to see some more of a v'd belly. But is she a long backed mare? She looks it from the pictures. Then the baby won't show that much as it is. [Question]

Okay, WOW, I"m babbling.

Anywho, {{{HFV}}}

[smiley Wavey]

Z.. you're right, she is long backed. She does have a belly since we first got her, but it's really hard to get a pic. Although compared to other pregnant mares out there.. it's not much of a belly. Her rear end used to be super fit, and now all that muscle tone is gone and flabby.

She was acting so off today I decided to stay home and work from here.. thank god I brought my laptop home. Her normal morning eating habits are to eat all her grain and then go for her hay.. she can't seem to get comfy this morning so she's rotating between her grain and her hay which are on opposite sides of the stall.

If I can get the tractor working I'll be stripping her stall tonight, it's just a total mess.

Z.. you're right, she is long backed. She does have a belly since we first got her, but it's really hard to get a pic. Although compared to other pregnant mares out there.. it's not much of a belly. Her rear end used to be super fit, and now all that muscle tone is gone and flabby.

I noticed her tail head was soft, but I was just assuming she was long backed.

Can't wait to see this baby, long back or not, i'm in love with this mare.

[smiley Wavey]

{{{HFV}}}

No baby just yet. Her bag is getting fuller and her teats are starting to get bigger.. no wax though. She is definitely not eating as much these last few days which worries me, but what can you do as she's otherwise normal. We're going to the Horse Fair in Indy today for a bit, and hopefully I'll get new pics when we get home tonight.

Thanks Zeusy, I love her too and when I saw her at that auction I knew she would be a good fit.. I just hope I'm right :happy0203:

Here are pics from tonight of Allie after her feeding.. kinda as she really wasn't in that much of a eating mood. We stripped the stall tonight and put in new straw with Allie's help. You can see she enjoyed it!

IMG_0039_9.jpg

Side and Front Shot

IMG_0044_4.jpg

IMG_0044_4.jpg

HooHoo Shot

IMG_0040_8.jpg

Bag and Wax

IMG_0040_8.jpg

IMG_0040_8.jpg

and someone wanted to have a closeup

IMG_0047_1.jpg

IMG_0047_1.jpg

My cousin and her fiance came in around 10:10ish to say that Allie was sweating and laying down so we went to action. The foal was born at 11:05ish after getting a little stuck. Props definitely go to my hubby, who also read The Ultimate Foaling Guide with me and re-positioned the feet into the birth canal. A cute little colt with SPOTS!! With the rubber matts he had a hard time standing up and after an hour we stepped in to lend some support. He had a hard time getting to Allie, but after direction from Allie and us he's nursing on his own now. He's also pooped 3 times in the first 2 hours of his life. We'll probably go check on him in a couple hours, but YAY!! [Jump] [Yay]

IMG_0048_37.jpg

IMG_0056_29.jpg

IMG_0062_23.jpg

IMG_0062_23.jpg

IMG_0071_14.jpg

IMG_0079_6.jpg

IMG_0081_4.jpg

IMG_0084_1.jpg

CONGRADULATIONS!!!! What a pretty boy! And SPOTS!!!!! [Yay] [Jump] From the size of him, I'm surprised she never really V-d. Hes a good size colt! Let me say it again .....WITH SPOTS! [Yay]

AD

he is a CTUIE!!!!!!!

and those spots... i think that he will for sure be a looker!!!!! does he just have a little star on his forehead???

he is soo cute.. i can't wait to see him grow!

CONGRATS AGAIN!

[Yay] Congrats! He is an adorable colt! Looks long legged too. Love his little spotted booty.

Will be watching for more pics. Allie did good!

The foal is doing well, he's going from taking a drink, to learning what his legs can do by tearing around the stall, to trying to figure out how to lay down. What a cutie.

I forgot to take the camera out with me this morning, but I cleaned up Allie's legs and hind end, took down her tail (although the upper is still in a french braid), dipped the stump in betadine and hung out in and around the stall a little.

Question for those of you out there. How long will Allie's hoohoo be swollen? Also, she's still dripping a little reddish fluid. Not a lot, but maybe a drip every 5-15 minutes. She's eating and drinking well and we're back to firm poo. I haven't seen her pee yet, but I think I've seen a pee spot.

Congrats on the spotted butt!!! [Yay]

No advice for your question as my best answer would be to ask a vet, but I hope it's nothing serious and I do not think it is.

Congrats!! That little colt is just darlin!!

And spots! That makes him even cuter lol.

Congrats again and sorry, I can't help you with that question.

Yay!!!!!!! He's adorable and he's got SPOTS!!!!!!

Spiffy had a little bit of discharge after Dude and she stopped that day, so Allie should stop having that soon. Did you check the afterbirth for any rips or holes??

Again congrats of the beautiful spotted boy!!!!

What is his name he is so cute:) He is the first foal I have gotten to watch on the board cant wait to see him grow!!!! [Yay] [Jump] [Yay] [Huggy]

I think it's already starting to go away. I checked her sac and everything looks intact. I have it saved for the vet and he'll be here tomorrow afternoon to check everyone out.

Hubby has given a temporary name to the lil guy... Peanut (like in my avatar). We'll see if it sticks. We're working on registered names at the moment too. I'm paying up for ApHC tonight to see what's taken and what's not.

Here are some pics from today.

IMG_0093_9.jpg

IMG_0090_12.jpg

IMG_0094_8.jpg

IMG_0099_3.jpg