Sign in to follow this  
sjohnson9206

Peanut Aka Hez Totally Majestic

And that's why I'll just sit here and continue to admire from afar....

While plotting my path. Going to Georgia you know. I'm going to steal Pinky's Deacon, so i'll just snatch him up on the way to or from... I'll make it work.

:grin:

muwahahahaha....

Just Kidding.... but he sure is growing up real nice..

[smiley Wavey]

Quick update with no pics.. sorry.

Monday was Peanuts 6 month birthday. I sent his papers in at 4:38PM so wish me luck that I get the name I was looking for.

I did the string test on him last night.. 16" on the nose, so maybe he won't be too tall to be a barrel/reining horse.. who knows what he'll turn out to be. I still love to watch him move though.

Last night I turned Allie and Jade out on the pasture with Misty and Peanut, talk about interesting. Allie stood up for herself and kept pushing him away!!! Jade made sure he was put in his place. Talk about a learning experience for my little man. :happy0203:

I just got off the phone with ApHC.. Peanut is Hez Totally Majestic [Jump]

The photos that I sent in were horrible and green, but they'll use them until I send in the change request for gelding.. he'll get new pics then.

New pics tomorrow for his 7 month B-Day.

Thought I would keep this thread updated with some pics I took the other night. Peanut looks horrible in all these pics.. stupid phone camera and taking them at the wrong angle. He's impersonating an Ewok I swear. I go out and comb him out and 5 minutes later he's a poof.

Standing behind momma. He is weaned, they were separated for a couple months and due to how pastures are set up she's in with him and Misty. It's a good arrangement, she now disciplines the crap out of him and neither of my ladies let him get away with anything. :grin:

downsized_0216001728.jpg

Ugghh, horrible angle which makes his head look HUGE!

0216001726.jpg

Look at those legs..

0216001731.jpg

And his forelock, affectionately known as a poof.

0216001735.jpg

downsized_0216001736a.jpg

He still hasn't dropped, but I think we'll be scheduling the gelding for April. I should be healed from my surgery to do the aftercare.

Holy LEGS!!!! WOW!!! He looks great, Apps! LOL, Tequila has that Poof too, we're calling her a Troll baby!

(& secret for the awkward baby pics... stand back closer to the butt from the side & point the camera towards his shoulder/ribs, it makes them "Appear" to have a bigger butt than head, lol!

Finally yearling pics of Peanut. He's growing and starting another growth spurt. I need to get out there and attack him again with the Furminator, with these last couple warm days everything is getting nice and lose. We're also in the middle of a feed program change so I'm excited for all the changes this summer.

He's enjoying his few hours on the grass patch, so of course his head is down in the grass for all of these.

downsized_0413001706-1.jpg

downsized_0413001707-1.jpg

downsized_0413001708-1.jpg

downsized_0413001714-1.jpg

Hopefully I'll be meeting the vet tonight who'll be performing his brain surgery!

He looks good apps! IDK though, I don't think that peanut is fitting him so good anymore, he is not such a peanut now.

Yep, he's not going to be a shorty that's for sure. Misty is between 14.3 and 15hh so that gives you an idea. One of his jewels decided to fully descend yesterday, which is great because I also scheduled his brain surgery yesterday. 5/5 is d-day.

I do love this colt, and he's a good egg. Very laid back, you can throw a jolly ball at him and he just looks bored. He'll get pulled in this weekend for a spa treatment, and I will remember to bring my camera out with me.

equi, Jim named Peanut after this Peanut.. See any resemblance with the forelock?

peanut.gif

I usually call him "The Nut".

Well at least he isn't purple! [ROTFL] He sure has grown up Appy! The April pictures are much better than the Feb ones... He is getting soooo tall..

AD

Well, my boy is 13 months old today.. and his present was a trip to the vet. Poor guy, I'm such an evil mom.

In the trailer waiting for the vet.

0505001512.jpg

All drugged up..

0505001521.jpg

He'll get a couple weeks to heal up and then he's going out with the rest of the herd.

Tell him Dude knows exactly how he feels! Poor Peanut. hehe! Glad his brain surgery went well though.

Well, Peanut's 3rd birthday is next week and it's been a long time since I've updated this thread. Last night was his first saddling and he did just fine. A few light in the hind end moments on the longe, but overall was a champ.

544683_723580571637_6602833_34186857_698987214_n.jpg

He's got his first teeth check up this Thursday and he'll be headed to the trainer the first of May.

Look how big he's gotten! So, did he turn out to be a bay? It's hard to tell in the picture if his mane/tail are black or if he is just a dark sorrel.

Look how big he's gotten! So, did he turn out to be a bay? It's hard to tell in the picture if his mane/tail are black or if he is just a dark sorrel.

That's a really good question. His mane and tail are very dark, but I don't know if I'd fully say they're black. Also, while he has dark hairs on his non-white legs, they don't ever go black. I'm wondering if it's wild bay. I'm planning to get him cleaned up soon and take some better pics so I can post them on another board asking those questions.

LOL, well, the only newer one I have is of him drugged up after his first dental and sheath cleaning. He's just like his momma.. a lightweight when it comes to the drugs. I think this was after 20 minutes of being tied up.. It had been over an hour since he got the juice for the float and then 40 minutes after the small shot of Ace so he'd drop.

542369_724784858237_6602833_34190999_1582997411_n.jpg

I finally have riding pics of Peanut.. only a couple. I took these last night. He's been with the trainer just under 30 days, this is his 14th ride or so.

554673_753311430757_676119694_n.jpg

This was coming back from visiting with the scaries outside the round pen.. trampoline, barking dog, trees, changing light. He's coming along nicely.

600479_753311330957_1650606033_n.jpg