Sign in to follow this  
morning dusk

New To Eventing

Just thought I would come to this board and post. After being displeased with the two barns I have been to, i've stumbled upon another farm-about 20 minutes from where I live. Lets just say I fell in love with the place just looking at the photos and the website!

I've done only hunters, but i'm excited and looking forward to learning what eventing is all about. I'm going to ask my parents if I can take a look at the new place, and possibly take lessons and compete [: Whats even great is that leasing is very affordable! I've always wanted to lease a horse (since I can't own one) plus the whole eventing thing; jumpers, dressage, and XC.

I'm really looking forward to getting advice and tips from this place. I'll let ya'll know about the current barn move when i discuss it with my parents!

So while were both waiting on that news, how about some introductions? Horses and yourself! I would really love to hear and see some pictures of ya'll eventing, and of course your pretty horsies! [bat Eyelashes] :grin:

Hi! I'm Victoria and I'm currently leasing an 8 year old Quarter horse for the second year in a row. His name's Thumper and his show name is Can't Touch This.

I've been eventing for close to 3 years now and absolutely love it, even though I haven't been exactly successful at competitions. ;) Last year though, everything started falling into place and the last show of the year for me, a H/J show, I accomplished the greatest thing for me. I was actually able to keep my head during the rounds instead of having my brain work at 100 mph and screwing up terribly. :))

I have a very lofty goal this year, to make it to the American Eventing Championships and I am super excited about the challenge of it all.

I don't have any recent pictures and haven't scanned the really awesome photos the pro photographer got of Thumper and I at the last show but I should get some new pics as soon as it warms up and my sister feels like taking pictures for me!

I hope you enjoy your foray into eventing as much as I do!

edited: Well, my computer is being stupid (more likely me) so I'll post pictures tomorrow after I figure out what I'm doing wrong. Grrrrrrrrrrrr ha ha. : )

Edited by StopDropRoll

well first off welcome to eventing, im sure youll love it! my beast is a paint (well..mostly TB but dont tell anyone lol) gelding. and hes a giant dork, and a little on the er.. "spirited" side.. but hes pretty, an AMAZING mover and jumps like a star and thats all that saves lol jk

this is us... oh and he doesnt know hes a "stock" breed, he forgot to stop growing.. so now hes got all the 'beef' of a paint but the height of a TB which is great for my sport but im not very tall.. so... kudos to whoever invented the mounting block (to give you an idea, thats a dressage saddle, not a jump saddle.. lol)

n539817791_1680214_5804.jpg

n539817791_268380_3470.jpg

Welcome!! Eventing is a lot of fun and I think it's great that your new barn focuses on eventing and offers leases! It sounds like an ideal situation.

I have several horses, but nothing is uploaded so pictures might have to wait a bit. Currently, I am recovering from a very difficult birth so what with pregnancy and everything I haven't been able to ride for about a year. I'm about to get back in the saddle any time now! I have an 8 yr old TB gelding who had just embarked on his eventing career when I got pregnant and we're ready to get him back into work and I have a 4 yr old Trakehner stallion that I hope to start competing this summer and take him to the inspections in the fall.

Welcome!! And let us know if everything works out to start riding at your new stable!

I'm new to the board too! That's exciting that you found a barn you like, hopefully it will work out.

I have an Irish Sport Horse gelding named Bouncer who I event Training level, my big goal for the season is to ride in a Training 3-Day. I also have a TB and a QH at home who are semi-retired.

Here is Bouncer:

gallery_51164_636_406.jpg

gallery_51164_636_22868.jpg

Welcome Rum! Those are great pictures.

Morningdusk, you're going to love it!

I used to event back in the 90's. I hope to get back into it some day on my new horse.

Here's some old photos:

B0000821.jpg

Jumpingwithpinchedkneebutgoodreleas.jpg

Here's my new OTTB:

IMGA0085.jpg

Hello and welcome! What a great sport you plan on pursuing in!! Good luck and I hope you can start lessons and lease a horse!

My current boy is a 14.1 red dun slaughter truck rescue. Whom loves to event. Even though he is doing more dressage these days than anything else. I've evented him @ BN and our biggest accomplishment of this year is the moving to 2nd level in dressage!

CAHKO3PL.jpg

Scotch Out of Water

cutepony.jpg

Hello!! Welcome to the boards!!

My name is Alissa and I live in Georgia with my wonderful gelding, Parker. He is a coming 5 y/o Dutch/TB. He had a very successful first season at BN and he is about to do his first Novice HT soon. He's my rockstar :)

post-28395-1231544872_thumb.jpg

Edited by *Maddux_Eventer*

Hello! Be careful eventing (and the processes that lead to eventing) are very addicting but amazing!!

I'm Chelsie and I have a collection of horses. lol.

I have a 11 year old bay OTTB gelding, this past summer we made a semi but not very successful move up to prelim. So this winter we're going back and working on some basics, So far so good. excpet for this whole winter weather thing!

Our goal for next year is doing a training 3 day and removing back up to prelim.

002.jpg

001.jpg

And this is my almost 7 month old filly who is going to be an eventer. She's a TB-Arab-Saddlebred cross. (I also own her momma) We don't know if she's going to be slate gray or dark bay yet.

019.jpg

well first off welcome to eventing, im sure youll love it! my beast is a paint (well..mostly TB but dont tell anyone lol) gelding. and hes a giant dork, and a little on the er.. "spirited" side.. but hes pretty, an AMAZING mover and jumps like a star and thats all that saves lol jk

this is us... oh and he doesnt know hes a "stock" breed, he forgot to stop growing.. so now hes got all the 'beef' of a paint but the height of a TB which is great for my sport but im not very tall.. so... kudos to whoever invented the mounting block (to give you an idea, thats a dressage saddle, not a jump saddle.. lol)

n539817791_1680214_5804.jpg

n539817791_268380_3470.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen this horse before. How big is he? He is very pretty!

Rum- That's Millbrook!!! Did you go this past summer? I may have checked your horse's bit. :smilie:

Morning dusk- Welcome to eventing! We'll be happy to help you with whatever questions you may have.

Here's my 4 (coming 5 in May) Trak mare. She went BN for the first time the summer and loved it!

DSC_0196.jpg

Rum- That's Millbrook!!! Did you go this past summer? I may have checked your horse's bit. :smilie:

I did go to Millbrook last summer! Are you from the area? We went to Fitch's too, all of the events in NY are so beautiful and nice.

I did go to Millbrook last summer! Are you from the area? We went to Fitch's too, all of the events in NY are so beautiful and nice.

I'm from further upstate (by GVH, Stuarts, etc.), so Millbrook's more of a "destination" event for us. I'd love to go to Fitch's, but it's right around when Stuarts is. I love the area around Millbrook, it's absolutely breathtaking.

I'm from further upstate (by GVH, Stuarts, etc.), so Millbrook's more of a "destination" event for us. I'd love to go to Fitch's, but it's right around when Stuarts is. I love the area around Millbrook, it's absolutely breathtaking.

I think we're doing Stuart this year ( and most likely Millbrook again) I'm from Maine so Stuart is going to be a serious haul. [shocked]

I have a QH/Arab mare named Emma. She's about 11. I haven't really ridden consistently now that I'm at college, but we've started taking lessons when I'm home on the weekends. We've never done a real event before, but we've schooled and played around a bit. I'd love to get her to one this summer, we'll see how things go and how much money I have. lol

emmarunningx-country8-05.jpg

100_0400.jpg

we love the beach!

Edited by Megquestrian