dixieangel02

Loss Of Belgian!

i had to euth my belgian a week or so ago. I been so busy i havent been on here....The vet said it was a cross between being old, arthritic, and heart failure. Me and the Bf came home one night and there he was laying down and couldnt get up. I called the vet instantly and he came out. The best thing to do for him was to put him to sleep. As much as i miss him im glad i did it wasnt fair to let him suffer any longer

[Huggy] [Huggy] I'm so sorry that happened. May he rest in peace.

I fear I may find my old guy like that some day. He's 28, but still doing OK. But, he's getting up there.

So sorry for your loss dixie. I'm sure it was a hard decision.

I know what you mean Wild Rose. I have one that's 29 and possibly has cancer. I'm afraid I'll find him that way also.

Thanx everyone! Yes is was the hardest thing to decide cause i wanted to keep him with me having fun pulling wagons and messin with the mares but i didnt want him to be in any kind of pain or whatever so.....

This is the same one you had posted about a while back right ? The one that laid down when you guys went to ride him or something along those lines ? [Huggy] [Huggy] [Huggy]

I'm sorry for your loss.

( P. S. Don't tell my 30+ year old Percheron that 10 years of age is old, she might get a complex)

This is the same one you had posted about a while back right ? The one that laid down when you guys went to ride him or something along those lines ? [Huggy] [Huggy] [Huggy]

Seriously? That is so sad. Poor, poor horse.

Edited by DraftHorse