goldpiper

Hmmm, Is It Time For

Anyone interested in another quilt block exchange?

edit the title as we will be doing a mystery quilt.

Edited by goldpiper

Me me...[Jump]

I sure regretted not doing the last one for Alley.

Can you explain to me what is involved?

Is it all machine work or is there handwork too?

I've always done hand quilting, but with the Arthritis in my hands, if I strain a joint I pay dearly!

Maybe it's time to try machine quilting!

Well it sounds really fun but ummmmm I still have the last top to put together. I have been a very bad girl and had a few other things going on so I will probally not be able to do this one.

Which ever way you want to do it.

You make one block for each person involved in the exchange including yourself and mail them out.

Provided we get enough interested, sign up will end March 13th. I will email out the list of people. Blocks should be mailed out no later than April 17th.

Humm that's a lot of blocks huh, how many did each person end up making with Alley's quilt?

I just want to be able to complete it, not fall behind and let the group down.

I am game.

We could a mystery quilt. I have a couple in mind. ;)

I never did get my block from JumpinIrish. Not sure what happened to it, so I am just going to put together my top without it. Bummer.

Humm that's a lot of blocks huh, how many did each person end up making with Alley's quilt?

I just want to be able to complete it, not fall behind and let the group down.

We had about 9 blocks or 9 people if I remember right. It was not really that bad and I think Milthred Maid sewed all hers by hand not machine. Goldpiper gave us plenty of time to complete the project.

oh goody!! sooo glad I decided to pop in here and Search for 'quilt' lol!

I'm in!! I actually haven't completely finished my other one yet either though! lol I have the top done, just need to finish a border piece and then quilt the backing on. But my craft room is a bit of a mess due to painting in other areas of the house.. But I am pretty sure I can get some blocks done.

I sewed about half of mine by hand before some one gifted me a machine. Then the rest just FLEW off the table! lol

Count me IN! [Yay]

A mystery quilt - 1 person has the pattern and lets everyone know one section at a time what to do. and at then end - you put it together. SO there is no block exchange - you pick your fabrics, and build your own quilt. I have done a few of these. Sort of fun.

I want to see the other ones you guys did. Do you have pictures?

Spotted-- we did the one for Alley and there should be another post floating around that has the ones we completed in the exchange. I will try to find and bump for ya.

We could do that. I'll see what I can find, as I have lots of books and patterns. Then we would not be dependent so much on a time frame.

I wish I had more free time; I'd love to join in. But I would only hold everyone up.

So one block every 2 weeks??? right. I am still debating cause we are fixing to get really busy with my FIL estate stuff. It is finally comming to somewhat of a close and I know I will be busy with that so dont count me in yet.

Please count me in if yall do the mystery quilt!! :happy0203: I'm still not exactly how the excahnge works, plus work is crazy right now so I would be worried about the time frame. I wouldnt want to hold anyone up... What skill level would you say i needed to be inorder to do this?? [Question] I've made 3 or 4 quilts but thats it

mtn penny - It's not actually done in blocks - it's done in sections. You will be making different pieces over the 2 week period, and then on the last week, you will get the directions for final assembly.

Generally you will put strips together, according to the directions, and you will not know how it is going to be going together. Then, last set of instructions will tell you how to arrange the stuff you put together.

GAGIRL - I am sure that goldpiper will choose something that will be easy enough for most everyone that wants to participate.

I have one picked out that should be fairly easy.

Driftin'Mom is correct it is done in sections. This quilt will be all yours no sending it anywhere. You use whatever fabric you want. And the size you want to make. Plus with the mystery quilt you don't need a certain number of people to participate to have a quilt.

ok so we are talking like 15 minutes of time every week or so???? I am just trying to figure out if I have the time cause it sounds really fun. I know I have material and I have been wanting to do a quilt for our bed so I can get rid of the down comforter in the summer.

I like the mystery quilt idea.

I just never know how I will feel from one day to the next.

I hate to sound like a whiner, but my back spasms if I stoop over a project like piecing a quilt, or sitting for long periods sewing at the machine, my lower back muscles just don't like to stoop.

But if I could do it without a time frame, and not hold things up I'm in!