goldpiper

Hmmm, Is It Time For

Very nice turnin. My mom did one similar to the kalidascope she called it a stack and whack. I like!

Yeah, that was the book I had, I had just forgotten what it was until you said that, lol. It seems like it was a hundred years ago now, lol. I remember having a really good time making it, it was a fun, fun quilt. I just love bright colors. I will probably give it to my first granddaughter someday.

Thanks everyone, I feel like a total beginner again though, lol. I have made dozens of quilts but it has been so very long ago that I'm glad this is going to be an easy pattern, lol.

I'm going to start digging out my fabric tonight hopefully after I get my sewing room rearranged and make room for all my bins of fabric. I had moved them all to the storage closet and they are under all of the holiday stuff, argh... It will be so nice to be able to *pet* all of my fabric again.

Wow those are some nice quilts, turnin!

I love love love the Mariner's Compass. That is one of my favorite designs.

The Kaliedescope (I can't spell it either) is way cool!! Was it really hard to get the pieces matched like that?

I need to go find my book of patterns and get something to challenge me! lol

But first I need to go find fabric for the Mystery Quilt!

Thanks! Naw, it wasn't all that hard but you would need that book to do it the easier way probably. I am not sure if you can even buy it still? Heck, there might be a newer version of it anyway, lol. I dunno, it was fun to make though and you had no idea whatsoever, what the block was going to look like until you got it all sewed... That was so much fun because it was a surprise! I want to make another one..

:)

mtn penney, I'm blowing a big wet nasty raspberry at you...I haven't had time to even look at my fabric yet!

My dearest friend passed away Sat. morning, I have a viewing tonight and the funeral tomorrow.

I plan to start after that.

The Kaliedescope (I can't spell it either) is way cool!! Was it really hard to get the pieces matched like that?

I need to go find my book of patterns and get something to challenge me! lol

But first I need to go find fabric for the Mystery Quilt!

Mithril - It's called a Stack and Whack quilt. This is the gal that started that craze - bethany reynolds.

If you get book one it walks you through it perfectly. She has a second book on it, too.

I did one, but lost it in the flood a few years back. I want to do another....

ArgH!!! I've been sick all week and still haven't gotten all my fabric together. lol

Hopefully I'll be up and running this week and can get back in the swing of things.

Drifitn, thatnks for the link, I'll definitely go check it out!.

Well since I am getting big wet nasty raspberries blown at me I might at well post the pic thus far...

my chosen material

Renaisaunce003.jpg

Step one finished.

Renaisaunce004.jpg

I haven't had time to get to step 1 as a side walk took precedence this weekend. Step 2 comes out next Monday 3/30.

Thanks, I have been saving those browns for a while now just needed a good excuse to use them. Actually I think this quilt will be for hubby and I's bed cause the down comforter is just way to hot during the summer but we can't seem to sleep unless we have a little weight in the blankets.

Finished step one! When do we get step two? :happy0203:

You got a raspberry comin too! :happy0203:

Gaahh I'm itchin to start this thing but what's the use until I have uninterrupted time to work on it!

Man, I wish I knew how to quilt. [Jump]

This looks like so much fun.

Hi everyone, [smiley Wavey]

Guess what?

I finally dug out all of my bins of fabric and WIP's and OMG!!! I never realized I had sooooo much stuff, lol. I have a bunch of finished tops that need to be quilted, some of which I guess I need to put on ebay cuz apparently my taste has changed over the last couple of years, lol.

I found blocks to make probably 5 more quilts as well... I had totally forgot about some of them. I also found the stuff where I was making a blocks to make a wedding quilt for one of my kids. Good thing I still *hopefully* have a few years to finish that one, lol. There was only one block finished but the stuff to make the rest of the blocks.

I also found several quilts that are about halfway quilted/done. I even found a quilt that I was making for the year 2000, LMAO!!! It is really a cool looking quilt with flags and stars but it has a banner across the top that says 2000... Hmmm, not sure what I'm going to do with that one, lol. It's about halfway freehand machine quilted. I guess I could always just cut the banner off of it and bind it up, lol. It is a really cute patriotic quilt minus the banner. I am going to start a thread on all my WIP's, lol. You guys need to add yours to it!

I did however find a quilt that I was hand quilting and I just adore it! I adored the pattern when I started it and still do even now! I am so going to finish it even if my hands feel like they are going to fall off, lol.

Wow, you would not believe all the memories and emotions that flooded me yesterday when I was going through all those bins. Some good and some bad, I think I am ready to finish all of them now, though. I need help, lol! ya'll want to come over and having a quilting bee? Lol...

ya'll want to come over and having a quilting bee? Lol...

What a riot that would be!!!! We could all come down to TX and go to the Houston show in October. What a blast! [ROTFL]

I have a few of those projects too.

I finally got downstairs and dug around for the fabrics I want to use. I have one piece that I need to wash first.

I need to get some stuff moved around downstairs again so that I can sew. Besides quilt projects I'm getting ready to start some other sewing projects.

I just have a few UFP's in my box.. lol, not been doing this long enough, :)

turnin, would love to see your works! have you already started a thread on them? Will have to go search...

I hope to get the rest of my fabric this weekend and get Step 1 complete before Step 2 arrives! lol That will be my goal for the weekend!

I think I'm gonna do a black and white quilt.

I would love to have an old fashioned quilting Bee!

But alas...I cannot hand quilt anymore so bummer!

All the ones I made were done by the lap quilting method. Gave them away...no pics nothing to show I did them!

My husband told me one day it would haunt me...he was right!

I do have a wall hanging I partially completed before my Arthritis set in.

Wonder If I could finish it on the machine?

[Question]

Tomorrow I begin!

QH ~ You mean theres such a thing as uninterrupted quilt time!! I had no idea. This is what happens when I try to quilt [Crazy]

Picture004.jpg

GAGIRL, I used to have that problem, but sadly my sewing buddy past away a number of years ago. Now I let the dog inside when I'm downstairs working. It's good for him because he learns that I don't always have to give him attention.

Turnin...you are one prolific quilter! Sure enjoyed the pics.

You have to finish them you know...we'll cheer you on!

GAGirl... [ROTFL] cats...they can be pests can't they!

I started piecing my guilt today but it's been non-stop interruptions all day long! grrr

I sort of miss when it was just hubby and me. Had all kinds of time to quilt but didn't!

Last Nov. my daughter left her husband and she moved home with the 2 boys 8 & 11.

I could get all kinds of work done if it wasn't for having to stop to cook dinner, pack a lunch and get hubby off to work by 3:00pm and then jump in the car to pick the boys up from school and then do snacks and supervise homework!

Still have to pick the 11yo up at toutoring at 4:30...more interruptions!

The 8 yr. old just asked if I could watch him paddle his raft on the pond...ugh!

Said no...feel real guilty about that, but I'm going to finish this first part today if it kills me.

You can have that big wet raspberry back cause I love the neopolitan colors and you even found western ones. Trade ya?