Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Strikes Twice

Dressage Chit Chat Thread #24

Wow, when I miss a few days, I get way behind ha ha. That's what a big project does to you.

I'll have to get caught up eventually lol but hopefully I won't be as busy from now on. I had a National History Day contest today and got first so I get to move on to state level (!). I'm pretty excited for it too ha ha.

I have a show on Sunday and the weather is supposed to be snowing...=\

I have a couple pictures from last year...they aren't that great but...my laptop that has the rest of them decided to die on me so...lol.

Here's a confo pic of him near the middle of summer. He's in better shape now, I can actually feel his ribs ha ha.

ThumperConformation4.jpg

Here he is being awesome in the warm up for this show...

IMG_01181.jpg

...and here he is, leaning on my (bracing) hands. Thankfully, I have corrected this habit. I'm sure his mouth thanks me ha ha.

IMG_01201.jpg

(wow that's an embarassing photo lol. Unfortunately, I never seem to have someone available to take pictures when everything is goin right ha ha.)

And here he is just looking cute ha ha.

IMG_01171.jpg

Hopefully the pictures work and I'll upload some more soon (again, hopefully).

:)

Also, I have gotten so behind on my dressage ha ha. After this show, I'm going into full dressage bootcamp lol. His transitions are getting sloppier than usual because I've been lazy (bad me).

Hopefully more dressagey pics are on their way.

Edited by StopDropRoll

Yeah Sylves for weekends, eh?

Beckham, yeah, that test was a relaxed test. To much so, he needed to be more forward! I thought we were doing all right and even my husband said it was a great test, but the judge said, need more energy, need more energy. On a happy note, not one of the three judges told me to keep the connection. I am so happy about that. That was one thing I always tended to let slip in the show ring? [Question] I am finally getting it. Now I have to remember to keep him moving forward, forward, forward. We don't have this problem at home! :happy0203: Or at lessons or clinics either.

Glad you had a good lesson on Beckham. Yeah for being ready for first. First level is a lot of fun. We had minis like that near us in TN when we lived there. Very sad situation! Poor little guy! Why do people have horses if they don't take care of them. I just don't get it.

Okay, now I have thoroughly read the latest posts...

Beck, that is aweful about the mini. I hate seeing or hearing about abused and neglected pets and livestock. It breaks my heart too. Have you had a chance to offer a couple $$$ hundred to buy the mini from these people? Who knows, maybe a little mini is just what Miss Shelby needs. Shelby could have her own little mini, although that whinnying back and forth at the shows might be a little bothersome... :rolleye0014:

I have a family member who goes through dogs like my horse goes through hay... They buy a puppy from a "breeder." Said breeder gives the puppy to my BIL when the puppy is 5 (FIVE!) weeks old. BIL and wife don't know how to take care of the poor thing; they proceed to leave puppy in the crate for WAY too long, and they wonder why puppy soils her crate and cries/barks all of the time. Puppy developed some bad habits, go figure. BIL sends puppy back to the breeder. Breeder suggests turning puppy into a breeding *****, and BIL gets half the profit.

BIL and wife buy a second puppy (a toy breed... oh so cute, harmless... yeah). Again, puppy is left in crate too long and puppy develops bad habits. Puppy goes to the pound, and BIL gets yet ANOTHER dog. This dog is 8 year old a retired breeding *****. I am sad to announce that the last time I saw this dog, she was pinned up in her crate IN THEIR BASEMENT. Oh, yes, BTW, the crate is stationed in the basement. God forbid the crate be in the bedroom or family room.

My other SIL and I have tried our best to offer our advice. We even offered to take the puppy for a couple months to get him/her house/crate trained. Nope. They didn't want our help. Makes me sick. Sorry, that was a rant n' a half. I just have to keep my mouth shut; as long as said dogs have food, water, and shelter, and as long as s/he is not being physically abused, there's nothing my SIL and I can do about it... Okay, well that rant was LONG enough to warrent being a post by itself...

Edited by Sylves

SDR, I love the pictures! Really, very balanced conformation, imo. What is his breed? (QH?) How long have you had him? Thanks for sharing! Start getting some pictures of the dressage work and share them; there are many knowledgable dressage riders on this forum very willing to offer constructive advice. I'm learning so much from everyone!

Tracy, Ah, the time is coming! How nice it'll be to have Fessor closer to your campus! This possible job that you speak of may be worth looking into! Living an hour from the big city is awesome! I love the slower life of the country/small town. Granted, there are also the pitfalls of the small town. For goodness sake, be careful about rumors! They have a tendancy to spread like wild fire in small towns. It's not a big deal if you're a "goodie goodie," but if you're the type that goes to the bars and dates different guys, just be extra cautious. Let us know what you think of the town! Oh, and... I would LOVE to be only 50 miles from Iowa City (where the only sactioned horse trial is held in the state of Iowa)!

Okay, I'm missing someone, aren't I?

Boocoo, thank for the compliment: I really appriciate being referred to as "diligent." Seriously, that made my day. For some reason, it gave me a boost of energy to help me finish the laundery and dishes before bed! Wow!

Okay, now I'm off to check out my video thread!

Boocoo- lovely pics! You two look super! :) Thanks about the slide show. I threw it together as I was not wanting to study. haha Much good it did me.

Beckham- YAY for riding the boy! He sounds like a cool guy! When is your show? We did one summer worth of eventing. He would much rather event...as he has a terrific jump in him. But I just am not sure how he'll hold up. After having all these soundness issues...I'm just scared. He and I have been together for about 5yrs-6yrs! 2 of those years where spent w/ gaining trust. You probably have already heard my little soapbox talk about his issues when I rescued him.

Sylves- I was miffed...but she had a really good excuse then I felt bad after I thought all those things. She sent the class an email 2days later, her mom is on the verge of dying. so I felt terrible!!! :( Poor lady. Boring as heck paper. It's about Bell Computers and their not so grand idea of outsourcing most of the compnay. PSH! I am not a fan of outsourcing. Who is doing all you video taping???

Csa- It is always good to have a day to relax!

Busy as usual here. Rick's is having a huge sale this weekend....grrrrr...Scotch needs new bells so that's ALL I'm going to buy. Must save money for Rolex! Tonight was year end awards. hehe. I was surprised I got a ribbon/placed as I only went to 3 out of the 25+shows. But then again he was undefeated at all 3 of those shows. :tongue9: Also got a medal for dressage achievement so that was cool. Didn't bring camera but I do believe someone did take pics. My friend got a pic of us together. So I'll post it. hehe. They had a silent auction too. Nice stuff. I just bid on an entry which I won! There was a Chris Hickey lesson which would have been fun. Friend won that one...she really wanted it so I figured I wouldn't bid on it. Don't really need it and I felt like I would be cheating on my trainer ;) OO and finally someone to video tape Scotch and I. Oy vey...we are definately in the transistional phase. And currently Scotch is confused at times. So interesting video to see how bad we suck at this point in our training.

I'm the blonde! hehe

lnm.jpg

Edited by 3DayEventer

Beck-That sucks about the mini.It really sucks that AC seems not to care/can't do a thing about it.

Boocoo- [Huggy] Right back at ya. That is the reason I like the dressage board. If I have a problem and the common answer is not working I get other ideas instead you are not doing it right. Encouragement is always good. I have a tendancy to be hard on myself. I can be so darn picky. Just ask my hunny LOL.

SDR- He is a cutie.

3day-Congrats on the awards.

Got to go my sister wants company for a walk.

YAY I'm caught up ha ha.

Boocoo-I've seen the equisential breeches before...where did you get them? I'm in need of

some new breeches ha ha.

Beckham-Good luck with first level! I'm hoping to move up this year but our canter work and trot-

canter transitions need more work before they are respectable ha ha.

Too bad about the mini. I wish there was a license or something necessary to own horses.

Across from my old elementary school there used to be a shetland that was too cute. But

his feet hadn't been done in ages, his 'shelter' was some rotting, rusty building with a tiny

opening and his mane and tail were matted beyond belief, not to mention I could count his

ribs. =\ I can't see him anymore so I'm hoping he died so that he didn't have to deal with

the ignorant owners anymore. :(

Sylves-Thank you for the compliments! I'll be sure to pass it onto Thumper ha ha. I've leased him for

the past year and this year and I rode him about a year before I started leasing. And yes,

he is a Quarter horse. One lady came to the barn one day though, and asked if he was part

draft. I told her no, he just has a big personality ha ha.

I watched your video the other day and I LOVE Jag's walk! Makes me super envious. I've

only got that type of walk out of Thumper on the trails haha.

3Day-Congrats on getting the year-end award(s)!

c.s.a.-Thank you! I'll pass that onto Thumper so maybe he'll strut his stuff at shows ha ha.

So the weather hasn't been cooperating with me lately ha ha. I haven't been down to the barn since Tuesday and my show tomorrow was cancelled and moved to next weekend. I have to go down and do chorse Sunday so I'll definately ride then and hopefully my sister (who takes excellent pictures for a non-horsy person btw) will go with me.

Well, now all I have to do is wait out the snow and hope it warms up and dries out by next weekend.

Wow, when I miss a few days, I get way behind ha ha. That's what a big project does to you.

I'll have to get caught up eventually lol but hopefully I won't be as busy from now on. I had a National History Day contest today and got first so I get to move on to state level (!). I'm pretty excited for it too ha ha.

I have a show on Sunday and the weather is supposed to be snowing...=\

I have a couple pictures from last year...they aren't that great but...my laptop that has the rest of them decided to die on me so...lol.

Here's a confo pic of him near the middle of summer. He's in better shape now, I can actually feel his ribs ha ha.

ThumperConformation4.jpg

Here he is being awesome in the warm up for this show...

IMG_01181.jpg

...and here he is, leaning on my (bracing) hands. Thankfully, I have corrected this habit. I'm sure his mouth thanks me ha ha.

IMG_01201.jpg

(wow that's an embarassing photo lol. Unfortunately, I never seem to have someone available to take pictures when everything is goin right ha ha.)

And here he is just looking cute ha ha.

IMG_01171.jpg

Hopefully the pictures work and I'll upload some more soon (again, hopefully).

Also, I have gotten so behind on my dressage ha ha. After this show, I'm going into full dressage bootcamp lol. His transitions are getting sloppier than usual because I've been lazy (bad me).

Hopefully more dressagey pics are on their way.

you make a cute couple :happy0203:

more pics please

I just took my first dressage lesson last week I was soooo excited untill I found out that cyst was forming on my tail bone ughhh so now I have to wait a few weeks or mths until it heals ... I will just have to live vicariously through you guys for a while longer

SDR, cute horse. I got my equesentials at my show last weekend from a vendor. If you go back to the previous page on this thread, you will see my show photos and my write up about my show!!

Sylves, you got the laundry AND dishes done? Wow! Now I know for a fact you are diligent!! :tongue9:

3day, thanks for the compliments and congrats on your year end. Good picture as well. So Scotch is confused? Aren't they all? Beau did one of his very rare blow up's when I saddled him today. He got in a wee bit of trouble for that. No excues for that behavior at home. I had planned on really working at forward during my sitting trot work today and because I was slightly mad when I got on him, I really rode him forward! [ROTFL] My hubby said, wow, you need to get mad at him more often, that was phenomenal sitting trot work!! He is a tad sore in his neck muscle from his vaccines earilier this week, so I just worked on rising trot, canter and sitting trot work, lots of straight lines and diagnols, just keeping him forward! Forward he was!!

C.S.A. I think we are always hardest on ourselves!! But it makes us strive to be better so there ya have it!

We cleaned up all the old yucky hay from Beau's last round bale and dragged his pasture today and just did some spring cleaning out there. My hubby is cutting down dead cedar trees and wow it smells good, but we will all be sneezing now! Beau didn't even hardly spook when the first tree came down. Go figure! :rolleye0014:

groomertabby-Thank you! I'll be sure to get more pictures soon ha ha. That's a bummer about the

cyst though. Hope it heals quickly and without complications.

Boocoo-I figured you would say show vendor. Bummer, haha. I was hoping you got them through

like a store or something. Do they have a website or anything? Gratz on the productive,

forward work with Beau ha ha.

So I went shopping with my mom today and got my prom dress and shoes. Now all I need are the accessories and I'll be good to go! I can't get over the fact that I'm already a junior. This thought hits me periodically and aaaahhhh I only have a few months left as a junior.

I can't wait to go out to the barn tomorrow and start my dressage bootcamp ha ha. What are some good exercises that help to establish bend and suppleness?

Okay, I have to vent about the starving horses across the road that I have mentioned before. A little detail is that these people are renters...they rent the house across the road and the barn about a mile up the road, all owned by the other people across the road, who are lifelong horse owners. The people on the other other side run a boarding stable and horse transport company; don't get me started. So, renters and boarding neighbors are buds and all choose to ignore this problem because landlord wants this rent money. Renter was even stealing hay this winter to "feed" these horses. I have had the humane society out 4 times for various offenses...dogs chained out in below 0 weather, etc. They had another mini horse before this one that they kept on a dog chain and it broke its leg. This one lives in a 10x10 muddy run attached to a shed that is falling apart and full of manure. It appears to not ever had its feet done, no vet work, grooming, etc. People throw really awful hay out there randomly...they are never home. They come home, the mini whinnys at them and they ignore it and go in. It gets out a lot too and comes to my house, etc. I have been feeding it because it calls to me all day.

So, tonight I drove down and took hay to the 2 QH's and almost died, the one is a 2 on the Henneke scale at best. No pasture, no hay, and a barn full of manure. Now the kicker is that the mare that is so thin was sold to renter by the landlord...and they watch this horse starve!!!! How can people ignore this? I am so sick and so mad. One of my friend's let out that I called the HS once (what an idiot, she is a vet tech and her thin horse lives at the boarding barn.) and so everyone is pissed at me and no one wants to make the landlord neighbor mad because we all trail ride on his property. Our families have known each other for 50 years and they own one of our old horses...ahg. (Theirs are fat and happy and having regular vet and farrier care.) So I don't get it. I am going to try to get pics tomorrow. I doubt the HS will do anything. If I get caught feeding them, that will be the end of that. I doubt that they will let me take the mini...hillbillies don't want anyone else to have anything that is theirs. That little mini calls to my horses, then got really upset when I put them in. So I got some hay and as soon as she saw me walking down my driveway, she started calling to me.

Okay, had to vent to someone who would understand. I don't know what to do next...at least they all have some nice hay in front of them on this cold night.

SDR, ah, prom! That was 13 years ago... <day dreaming>. What kind of gown did you choose? Is prom quicking approaching?

Tabby, ouch, a cyst on the tailbone sounds very uncomfortable. If I couldn't ride for two weeks, I'm afraid I'd probably over-do lunging! I have this goal with Jag, my horse; I want to make him a solid lower level dressage packer and eventually a youth horse for my daughter when she grows up. We are on a MISSION, lol! I dislike taking time off from riding him.

I am so tired tonight. We started the day off with church (kudos to us for not choosing to sleep in!). Then we got home, made lunch, did a couple of chores, then I headed off to the barn for a 2.5 hour visit/hack. I pulled Jag's mane for sometime. Then Chad got out the chainsaw and worked on our over-grown grove while Shannon and I toddled around in the yard. Shannon started to head to the farm where Jaggar stays; She walked the entire 1/4 of the mile to the barn. I followed directly behind, and we hung out with Jag for an hour. Now the day is over, and I'm pooped.

Beck, that poor little guy... It would just break my heart to witness him whinnying, and the owners walking by, ignoring it... Is there another organization that you could call that would hold these people responsible?

Gosh, at least our neighbors keep their horses fat n' happy. The only down fall is that they have about 20 QH mares in foal...annually... and then send the yearlings to the sale house...annually...<sigh> He's keepin' the kill buyers in buisness.

Edited by Sylves

SDR, google equessentials or Grip bum breeches and you will find places that you can buy them on line.

Beckham that is always so frustrating to see and deal with. I love watching Houston Animal Cops, although sometimes it is really sad, but they are really out there trying to make a difference.

We had a "How To Prepare For A Recognized Show" workshop today, from what to pack, getting truck and trailer ready, what to do when you arrive, show ring attire, how to qualify for regionals & medals, How to fill out show paperwork, drugs and what is legal, what is not and what to look out for and how to braid. I was one of the presenters and presented what to do when you arrive at the show. It was a very informative work shop and a lot of people were there that had never shown at a rated show before. so it got a lot of good response. We must have had about 40 to 45 people there!!! The braiding was hands on with several equine models patiently putting up with us!

Well, the trip down to Sigourney was interesting. I figured I'd go down, say hello and maybe meet a few people, and look around the business and town for a bit. I ended up spending the better part of two hours with the general manager, getting a behind the scenes tour of the facility, and meeting several people. And yes, I did drive to the square and look around a bit. :) I did not continue on to Ottumwa for a bit to eat and a visit to the grandparents' graves. Next time maybe, but I was at the business longer than I expected.

This morning, I received an email from the GM asking if I was interested in pursuing the job and giving me a few more details of what they are looking for. It looks like I will be meeting with their accountant and a consultant as the next phase of the process. I'm thinking it may make sense to look for a place to keep the pony if I end up moving out that direction. I've already found the GMO for the eastern part of the state and found some schooling shows that aren't too far from where I'd be. I would probably want to invest in a second hand trailer, and maybe trade my station wagon in for a truck... :grin:

The Iowa Horse Fair is this weekend. John Lyons is the featured presenter. Hopefully he'll be interesting! Sometimes people simplify things so much that the presentation is boring. If nothing else, I'll visit the QH and Paint association booths and see if they have a directory of members. And the GMO for the eastern part of the state will be there, so hopefully I can get a lead on trainers out in that part of the state. Either that or I'll need to arrange to trailer out to Des Moines every couple of weeks for a lesson!

Fessor moves either tomorrow or Wednesday evening to the new place, and most of our stuff is already there. :) I'm looking forward to picnic lunches while watching the ponies in turnout.

Tracy

Tracy- [Yay] Sounds like the trip was well worth it.I'll keep my fingers cross everything continues to go as well. Good luck with the move.

Boocoo-Taht sounds like a cool clinic.

Beck-I hate seeing horses in that condition.It sucks even more not being able to do anyting about it. At least the poor guys got some hay.

Yabby-That sucks about the cyst. Good healing vibes coming your way.

I ended up buying the Passier. It had a couple small suface scratches/cracks on the bottom. A couple scratches onthe seat. Nothing terrible at all. It just needs a lot of conditioning. It fits Cheese wel and is comfy to sit in. I didn't get to really ride today. Way to windy to be productive. Just walked a bit until Cheese was bending nicely and giving to the bit and called it a day. I had my camera on a fece post to record and the wind was shifting it around.

Tracy, it sounds like they're interested! I'd jump on it, especially in this economy. As you know, it doesn't have to be permanent. It's definitely a step in the right direction!

CSA, ew, I hope you like the new saddle! I could care less about minor scratches and dings. As long as the saddle is comfy for me and my horse, and it helps me achieve what I want to achieve, the saddle is a winner. Bonus points for affordability!

I'm not sure if I'm going to ride or not tonight. My gosh, it's windy outside. I about got blown away during recess duty, lol!

Tracy, sounds very promising and an interesting position.

C.S.A. glad you got the saddle. Got any pictures of it on him w/o a pad or person?

Sylves, watch out for that wind. You guys must have the wind we had on Saturday. Finally settled down yesterday.

Yeah the clinic was really cool and lots of good things to eat!!! [Jump]

Yes, I told myself when I was stressing over the whole job search process that I wouldn't be too picky. I'll give myself a year or two to see if I like the job. If so, great. If not, take the experience and job hunt again. :)

I may also sign up to mock interview next week with a large local employer in the hope that I can elicit a real interview. It would be nice to have more than one offer to consider, and if I continue actively searching for a position I am less likely to jinx myself.

Tracy

groomertabby-Thank you! I'll be sure to get more pictures soon ha ha. That's a bummer about the

cyst though. Hope it heals quickly and without complications.

Boocoo-I figured you would say show vendor. Bummer, haha. I was hoping you got them through

like a store or something. Do they have a website or anything? Gratz on the productive,

forward work with Beau ha ha.

So I went shopping with my mom today and got my prom dress and shoes. Now all I need are the accessories and I'll be good to go! I can't get over the fact that I'm already a junior. This thought hits me periodically and aaaahhhh I only have a few months left as a junior.

I can't wait to go out to the barn tomorrow and start my dressage bootcamp ha ha. What are some good exercises that help to establish bend and suppleness?

Whats the dress look like color ya know all that

groomertabby- It's a dark purple underlayer with a sheer black overlayer with spaghetti straps. I'll have to

get a picture later haha. It goes to about my mid-calf.

TracyA-I hope your job search goes well and that whatever you pick goes well for you! I sent in my job

application today and I hope I get it.

c.s.a.-I love Passier saddles. A friend of mine had one and it was so comfortable to sit in!

Boocoo-That clinic sounds fun! Could you pass some info along to those on the boards here? *nudge

nudge* *wink wink* :)

Beckham-Those poor horses. It makes you wonder on earth is going through the owners minds when

they can look at an animal that is clearly starving/neglected and just walk away.

Ah today was beautiful. I could have gone down to the barn and ride Thumper but no, I have a project due this Thursday and today is the only day I can get it done. My partner failed to do his end of the bargain and send me the research over the weekend so now I'm stuck doing this today...inside...while it's beautiful and warm outside. *sigh* Stupid school, it's a neccessary evil I know but I can't wait until I'm done with school and can spend all my time between work and horses haha.

SDR, yeah, school isn't the most flexible job. You don't have much choice. I personally like life on my own. I can choose my occupation. I can choose where I want to live. I can choose what I do with my free tiime (I generally don't have work to take home, although a lot of jobs require "homework").

Tracy, you're really on track! You're going to do great in the work force!

Boocoo, you're just the person who should be presenting at these types of clinics because of your high expections of care and prep. You're a good role model for the novice; the fine details that you care about are very important.

I ended up just taking Shannon, Champ and myself to the barn; Shannon and I groomed on Jaggar while he munched on hay. He was such a steady, calm boy around Shannon! She just loves him. Then, we sat on a bale of hay and just watched Jag eat his dinner. It was very, very enjoyable.... I think both Jag and I needed a break from riding. :-)

Tomorrow we're supposed to get snow (ew, the 4 letter bad word). You know as they say, in like a lamb, out like a lion... Well, March is goin' out like a lion, and it DID come in like a lamb!

Okay, better get back to making dinner. The chicken is probably close to being done...

Eeek, I've been so busy and now I'm behind 3 PAGES!

KTS, Aww, I'm glad Riley is on the mend! Teehee! Look at you on Maggie! SHe's so cute.

Argh, dobby, aren't those days the worst! [Huggy] Seems all the nasty ones come at once. Workplace drama is the worst, it's like that here too, it's so... emotionally taxing some days.... Teehee, yay for the Pony! Sounds like he's going wonderfully.

Hey SDR, welcome to our thread! Hehe Thumper is a cute name. Ooh he's cute! I hope the weather clears up for you!

Shantel, Rex is ADORABLE!

Eeek, csa, thats a rough timetable LOL, I'd be a not very happy camper by the end! Wow, cheese is 18?! I wouldn't have guessed that!

e.s , that's awesome that you'll likely get an even trade on the Wintec. Seems like the new saddle was well worth it!

Aww Lauren =( that sucks to turn up and have no class! Glad to hear Scotchy is all good! Ahahahaha only bells... yeah.. ok.. [ROTFL] Of course he got a ribbon, it's Scotch! Congrats!.

Boocoo, congrats! Sounds like an alright time. Bummer about the judge though. That's great that someone could video! and great that you can see the improvement. Beau looks good in your pics, such a handsome boy! Isn't it great that you have to do all this work now you've got your own place? hehe must be a great sense of fulfilment.

Beckham, that is so sad about the mini. Maybe you want a little mini of your very own? That's terrible that people can let their horse's starve like that, and animal control does nothing.

Groomer, ouch on the cyst, hopefully it's weeks not months before it heals!

So saddle came... it's looovely... fits the pony.. but a touch too small for me. Darnit. LOL. I *could* ride in it and get away with it, but it's not going to be a productive thing. Ah well.

Work has been so busy, drama-filled and all the rest. I can't say it's been fun, so I just think of the pay at the end. Worked 12 and a half hours on Friday, rode and taught lessons on sat, rode and worked on sunday, so that pretty much wiped me out, I was completely physically, emotionally, and everything else... exhausted.. *sigh* So I slept in this morning, and am going to have my lesson this afternoon. Winter looks like it's coming, it's raining and grey and I have a coat on LOL.

Hope evryone has a good day/night/whatever time it is there!

Well, Spring break is over, I have class in the morning:-( BioChemistry, here I come:-)

Boocoo-What a neat idea for a clinic! I don't see a lot of things like that around here. When is the next show?

Tracy-So, the place seems alright then? That is cool. It would be nice to have a job all lined up!!!

Sylves-Keep the wind there...it was so windy and cold here yesterday and sunny and 55 here today.

CSA-Same with you...keep that wind there! Congrats on the new saddle!

I had a great ride on Beckham today and I was finishing up to leave the barn and Shelby bit me in the stomach when I was putting her sheet on. It hurts like crazy!!! Made some small headway in helping with the other situation and getting the horses fed and not being considered the jerk of the neighborhood because I actually care. One of these days I will live somewhere with a 20 foot fence where I don't have to deal with any neighbors!!

Well thank you Sylves, for the very kind words!!! I did enjoy it and I like helping newbies to dressage. I also threw in a little pep talk on attitude and if you can't laugh at yourself who can? Remember to always stay positive and encourage those around you, even if you have a bum test and keep drinking that wine! :happy0203: It's only one show and you'll get em the next time. My trainer told me later she didn't know I was going to say all that and she was so glad I did! I couldn't help it, it's part of showing if you ask me? Good for you having some down time with Jag. So is he at a boarding stable close by?

Lightning, thank you and yes it's great having all this work to do at home! Doesn't that sound crazy, but I love it. To bad the saddle doesn't fit you? Can you get the same thing in a different size?

Tracy, nothing wrong with not putting your eggs all in one basket. Keep the doors open and see what may come along. But I still want to work for John Deere myself, so I think you should take it! [ROTFL] Seriously, sounds like a fun opportunity.

SDR, whatever you want to know about from the clinic, I will be happy to share. Thumper is a great name for your horse. He is so cute. And ditto, to groomertabby, we need details about your dress and we will need pictures and when is prom and where and who are you going with??????? And you will be a senior next year! WOW!! I work at a high school, so I share your enthusiasm.

Beckham, what on earth posessed Shelby to bite you? OWWWW!!!!!!!!! Hope you are ok. My next show is May 2nd & 3rd and it's local! Yeah, that means no hotel expenses and my own bed at night! I do haul Beau over and put him in a stall though.

Sylves-Sounds like a nice relaxing day at the barn. I am sure Jag loved the attention.

Beck-Neighbors suck. What possessed Shelby to bite you?

LST-Bummer about the saddle.

SDR-You know we have to have pics of you and the dress now. Have fun.

Boocoo-No pics yat. With all the wind Cheese was a bit antsy. I'll get some when she will stand still.

Boocoo, Jag stays at Chad's parent's farm/barn. The barn is just a 3-5 minute walk away from our house. Whenever Chad and I consider relocating for a higher paying job, we also consider having to board Jaggar and any other horses we have at the time; it's very unappealing to the both of us... and expensive! We like our set up as is.

When we build a new house or move an older house onto our acerage, we will repipe water out to our cattle shed and spickets, put up some fencing and stalls, and sorta remodel the cattle shed to resemble a horse barn. I can't wait to have our horses on our own land! That way I won't feel like I'm bugging grandma and grandpa everytime I want to ride! Plus, I've always wanted horses on my own land, and alas, it looks like my dream may actually come true!

Lightening, wow, that's quite a schedule! I used to work like that when I first moved to Nebraska. I couldn't get a full time teacher position, so I subbed on the weekdays and I worked at a grocery store on the weekends. I worked myself to death, and just BARELY made enough to pay my standard living expenses. I had maybe one day off a month... it was WAY too much. Poor Champypoo- I was gone all of the time. I had to pay someone to let him out because I wasn't home enough. THEN... I met Chad on eharmony. My dreams starting coming true. I met the man of my life, I got back into horses because Chad and I both share the love for horses (imagine that!), I moved to the country, I got a satisfying job, we had a child, I found Jag... I mean, what more could I ask for?

Beck, That Shelby sounds like a difficult mare! How did you run into her? How is she coming u/s? It would probably be nice if Shelby could talk; who knows, maybe she gets nasty cramps like some human girls sometimes get? Is there an alternative practice you could turn to for some help with her? I don't know; maybe equine acupuncture, massage, chiro, etc. Aren't there some really far-out options? You are one patient owner, that's for sure! That is wonderful to read that you gained some headway with that mini. Even if you have to do it yourself on their property, at least you know the mini is getting better care. Sometimes, as horse lovers, it IS our resposibility to do other people's dirty work... It's for the benefit of the animal and our own piece of mind. The owners should just give you the mini...

Well, I feel like I shared enough about myself right now. Thanks Boocoo and Lightening for giving me the opportunity to share what's so dear to me. I'd be one lonely and overworked single girl living out of an apartment in Lincoln, NE if it weren't for Chad walking into my life...

Okay, gotta go! Lunch, then recess duty OUTSIDE in the lovely cold and wind... and wet. Yuck!

Sylves, your set up sounsd great. I love having Beau at home as well.

So........... Beau was trying to colic this a.m. when I went out to feed him. I ran my son to school, came home and he was in obvious agony. Called a mobile Vet. and couldn't get a hold of him, so I hauled him up to the Vet. clinic in town. He really must have been out of it, cause when I very slowly and gently turned a corner, he started scrambling in the trailer! I thought, oh great, thank goodness I have shipping boots on him. But he skinned his head up good and laid his brow bone wide open, right above the eye. The vet. could stick her entire finger in it. At least if he was going to do that, he did it on the way to the Vet. but of course if he'd have been feeling good, I doubt it would have happened. So now he has a zillion stitches and a hugely swollen eye!! Poor guy. The colic was a simple gas colic, so he is fine now except for his eye. I was waiting for him to pass the oil, but he hadn't yet, so I came to work for just the last couple hours this afternoon. I would have had to go get my son anyway, since he rides the bus over here from his school. I'll be home in about a 1/2 hour and hopefully Beau passed the oil so I can feed him. He was hungry when I left and I left him shut in his paddock, so he couldn't get to the grass in his pasture.