Sign in to follow this  
gonedunit225

Color Advice

i want to buy my two horses new halters and matching leads and boots. i would like if you guys can give me some suggestiong on colors that would look good on them

heres elliemay

p2.jpg

how old do you think she looks btw

a1.jpg

and heres apache. how old do u think he looks too?

ap3.jpg

z3.jpg

thanx!

Well I think Apache would look great in a green, maybe hunter green. Ellie May might look good in maybe red. I have no clue how old they look, but they both look like well cared for horses! I hope I helped a little.

I think purple or royal blue would look amazing on Ellie. I don't like red so much though. I think it matches her coat color to closely and wouldn't really POP off her. Hunter green does look awesome on bays though :smilie:

I have red on my chestnut.

Greens/Blues look good on bays.

No idea on Apache, but Ellie looks aged. I'd say late 20's, possibly even early 30's. She looks good though.

[smiley Wavey]

I second the royal or bright blue on ellie.

For the bay..... you'd be surprised how striking black looks on a bay. When we got our new horse (a bay), MrO rushed out and bought him a black halter because he was afraid if I picked it out he'd end up with (in his words) "some foo foo color". He looks great!

I have red on my chestnut.

Greens/Blues look good on bays.

No idea on Apache, but Ellie looks aged. I'd say late 20's, possibly even early 30's. She looks good though.

[smiley Wavey]

wow you think she looks that old??? holy crappppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i bought her thay said she was 10 and that was 2 yearsa ago. i ride her alot like alot like 2 to 3 hoursa a day 5 daysa a week sometimes more when its a nice day.

ive had one guy saysa she looks that old but ive had others that could handle he so good cause she takes off like a rocket and stops like ur hitting a brick wall.

btw idk why she looks so downhill in that pic she really is more level than that

Edited by gonedunit225

It's her face. She's got quite a bit of grey in her face, around her muzzle. At least mostly in the second pic. She looks good, just aged.

[smiley Wavey]

Ellie would look beautiful in lavender or light blue and I think Apache would look nice in sand/tan or hunter green or navy blue.

Edited by MiHorseGirl

hmmmmm some very good color pics so far. i was thinking about for ellie may a brugandy or dark wine color and for apache a hunter green. the tack store thats i go to have like 60 different colors. from neons to more regal looking colors.

what do you guys think about the burgandy? would that look weird?

heres some more pic in a different light it makes her look lighter or darker sometimes

ponyapacheandisaac.jpg

lol thats my "little" brother in that pic

p3.jpg

4.jpg

p1.jpg

i dont wanna have to buy something that would look funny on her.

i think apache would look good in a green i just not sure about ellie though.

thanx!!!! [Duh]

thanx so much for that link. i think ive decided on the colors for them. i was thinking like a burnt orange kinda color for ellie and a hunter gren for apache. thanx so much for everyones input!!!