Sign in to follow this  
Sakura18

Zeigler Horse Transport?

Has anyone used them?How was their service?How did the horses turn out at the end of the trip?Did you have a slant or box?(I'm going for box because the horse is large)

I just got a quote back from them and it was $450 from MI to Central Il.Is this average?

Or do you have another transport companie to recommend?I've NEVER shipped a horse before,so all pointers would help.

I've used ABC Horse Transportaion and they were great. Trailer was very clean, had hay for the horse (some places you have to provide you own hay), showed up on time, had all the paper work they needed taken care of in order, and the drivers were very curtious.

BuddyRoo,I did get the PM but my computer won't load their site...I'm going to try it again at work. [Crazy]

I used Zeigler last summer to ship my daughter's new pony from GA to VA. They were very nice to work with, the driver was courteous and on time, the trailer was clean and in good repair, and my pony arrived happy, healthy and in one peice. I would use them again in a heartbeat. (they were also the cheapest quote I got for that trip by about $600-I paid $450 and most companies I heard from wanted over a thousand). I would highly recommend them.

I just used them in February to truck a 2yo from Wisconsin to NY. They were wonderful! Great people, very courteous, very good with communication and on time just like they said they were going to be. I would highly recommend them!

They have a large trailer w/box stalls, with the dividers going from floor to ceiling, so they haul loose. A smaller horse can turn around in them but regardless of the size, they can lay down, put their head down, etc...since they are not tied.

I would use them again ANY time at all.

Like everyone else has said, Ziegler has a wonderful reputation and I wouldn't hesitate to use them for any horse I own.

On a side note, in case others are reading, there is one company *I* personally would not use and that is 4 Rail Transport. Others may have had good experiences with them but I did not and would not use them.

I think word of mouth is the best (or most damaging!) advertising!

Did you get my PM back? I used Azevedo Transportation twice now for my 3 and several other board buddies used them too.

I used Azevedo on Broo's recommendation several years ago, and thought they were great.